Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

14 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

anyone have a small sign that is customizable? you know like the simple panel but only half the size? Like a painting easel type thing?

Yes. Kind of. There are sign posts which have limited customization, and signs that are like half panel with a stake in the ground. I have both. 

14 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

also anyone have a treadmill?

I do and can send you one. 

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

The thing I don't like in this game about the design is if you import one from the web, it had a bunch of dithering on it. If you make it in the game it's more accurate but the pixels are aliased so the design looks lumpy.

I think that only happens if you're importing a 3DS design over a QR code. The ones you download directly from the kiosk seem to come through perfectly.

10 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think that only happens if you're importing a 3DS design over a QR code. The ones you download directly from the kiosk seem to come through perfectly.

What I mean is if you have a design that's made already and you put it on a site to import it from a QR code it puts dithering on it. Is there a way to do the same thing in the game, from like lets say I have a Chicago Bulls logo I want in the game, and you do the design in the game it wont have dithering?

I was going to try the kiosk but they close at 9 so that's kind of not convenient.

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What I mean is if you have a design that's made already and you put it on a site to import it from a QR code it puts dithering on it. Is there a way to do the same thing in the game, from like lets say I have a Chicago Bulls logo I want in the game, and you do the design in the game it wont have dithering?

I was going to try the kiosk but they close at 9 so that's kind of not convenient.

Have you tried this? 

https://acpatterns.com/editor

11 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Have you tried this? 

https://acpatterns.com/editor

Yes, that's exactly the one I'm talking about. It will put dithering on it and then the image looks more LIKE the image, but the colors are not accurate.

If you go by the same template that the game puts there but put your own colors without dithering, the colors are more accurate but the game  smooths out the pixels and it looks bad.

32 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ah, yeah. I get what you're saying. Unfortunately, those sites that do just that are all using the 3DS functionality. The game then dithers it the same way it does to designs made at the kiosk. Anyone making designs there can see the dithering in real-time and accommodate the design to account for it.

There's no way in New Horizons to import an actual photo into the game other than through a 3DS QR code. You're best bet is finding the design you want somewhere online or making it within the game if you don't like the way the QR code comes out.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Celeste is visiting, but there doesn't seem to be a shower.

I still got a flying saucer DIY ,so I'm happy.

Any chance you'd be able to open your island or produce a Dodo code for a visitor so we can grab that DIY?

OK so here's what I mean, using visuals

I wanted to recreate this NASA logo (because those are all the rage these days)

Spoiler

spacer.png

So I put it on the site, the site dithers the image all to hell but it looks slightly more like the image but the colors are off - Also, it looks like an imported picture rather than it belongs in the game.

I use the same pixel locations as the site does and use more accurate colors

The one on the left is from the site and the one on the right is my recreation

spacer.png

As you can see if you create it in the game the image is sharper but not as accurate, and like I said the game smooths the pixels so if you want a circle it will always have spikes coming out of it. Even if you use the circle tool in the game the circles will look bad.

In the design window when it shows as pixels, it looks much cleaner

spacer.png

So that's what I mean with my issues is that the game smooths the pixels so your design looks bad, give me the crisp pixels!