The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Information Thread (Launching 09/20/19)

38 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Holy shit. I just watched the first 9 minutes of your stream and then I FF to your example at 31:20. I am seeing NOTHING like that at all. Not even a little bit. 

I don’t know if I could even play the game like that.

Yeah I watched the DF analysis and mine seems way worse.  I'm not sure if I was downloading something in the background or something that maybe was causing issues. 

I'll have to try it again.

Ugh. I can't get any good footage. I've wasted like an hour trying and I don't know why. If someone has the Pegasus boots and most of the overworld unlocked, just... just run around, run from the town into the woods, into the dead forest, into the swamp. Tell me how smooth it feels. Because it's just constant frame drops on mine. If you walk around slowly or stay on a screen for a long period of time, it's fine (until you transition or until the game randomly decides to chug) but Jesus, using the Pegasus boots is not as fun as it was on the 3DS, which is not a comparison I ever thought I'd make in the 3DS' favor, especially considering that pile of shit was outdated hardware when it was new!

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Taking videos with their cell phones to prove it runs like shit means they really must be enjoying it!!! Amirite?

Or they are trying to figure out whats going on with the game performance considering its all over the place on on identical hardware. 

AMIRITE???

10 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Does a homeless man taking a shit into your mouth end your life?

But someone taking a crap in your mouth could kill you in a number of ways. I see and appreciate the humor in your analogy but it's extremity leaves a lot to be desired in defending the fact that some people don't care about a few dips here and there. Doesn't affect the gameplay at all or take away from the experience unless your OCD won't let you look past a few minor dings in the paint 

41 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Or they are trying to figure out whats going on with the game performance considering its all over the place on on identical hardware. 

AMIRITE???

I really don’t think it has anything to do with the performance being all over the place. I think it comes down to some people give zero fucks about frames per second and some people look for any reasons to hate on a game and be negative. From streams I’ve watched it doesn’t seem to be an issue with streamers. 🤷‍♀️

21 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

But someone taking a crap in your mouth could kill you in a number of ways. I see and appreciate the humor in your analogy but it's extremity leaves a lot to be desired in defending the fact that some people don't care about a few dips here and there. Doesn't affect the gameplay at all or take away from the experience unless your OCD won't let you look past a few minor dings in the paint 

Some get more pleasure hating a game then actually playing a game. 

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

Wow really? I ask a legit question about the games performance and this is your response? And on top of that one of D1P’s mods actually reacts to it as something funny. Both of you are pieces of fucking shit. 

On 7/29/2019 at 10:13 PM, Biggie said:

You really need to work on getting a sense of humor. 

just finished the 4th dungeon. Kinda stuck what to do next. So I’m wandering around trying to figure it out. 

I must be 5-6hrs in and this game is simply charming. My face hurts from just smiling while I’m playing. The dungeons are super fun without being frustrating. I do wish the dungeon bosses were a little tougher but it doesn’t take away from the fun of completing them. 

so far I haven’t experienced any of the issues others are talking about. I’m playing entirely undocked. Or if i am having the same issues, I’m just not as perceptive of them. Which is fine,  ignorance is bliss in this case. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, atom631 said:

just finished the 4th dungeon. Kinda stuck what to do next. So I’m wandering around trying to figure it out. 

I must be 5-6hrs in and this game is simply charming. My face hurts from just smiling while I’m playing. The dungeons are super fun without being frustrating. I do wish the dungeon bosses were a little tougher but it doesn’t take away from the fun of completing them. 

so far I haven’t experienced any of the issues others are talking about. I’m playing entirely undocked. Or if i am having the same issues, I’m just not as perceptive of them. Which is fine,  ignorance is bliss in this case. 

After reading this I think ima get it

I played more tonight, and for sure the issues that first night were a one off.  Still some small issues here and there but nothing that affects my enjoyment of the game at all.  It's mostly when moving to a new area.  

I've really wanted to do a play-through of the Zeldas from the original on NES up through the more recent ones.  Whichever are easily available to play, since I had a NES Classic, SNES Classic, NES/SNES Online.  So I may hold off and try to do those playthroughs first then revisit this.

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

Til people take videos to prove how much they dislike a game that they continuously play

I think the game is fantastic, when did I ever say I disliked it? The terrible performance is unusual for Nintendo and a big disappointment because it mars what would otherwise be a basically perfect remake. I'm getting the vibe that some of you here legitimately believe that if you enjoy a game you're not supposed to have any complaints about it, which is just absurd.

And make no mistake, the performance issues aren't "a couple drops here and there," it's every. Single. Screen. People can talk about how they don't give a shit about performance all they want, but that doesn't magically make the nonstop halving of the FPS go away. 

Like I said, get the Pegasus boots and use them to explore the overworld. Enjoy as the controls constantly become unresponsive as vsync kicks on and off every two seconds.

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean the game is super framey. If that doesn’t bother you generally, it’s not likely to start bothering you here. 

normally it does bother me of its noticeable, but i haven't noticed a single stutter or slowdown. 

with that, i was trying to figure out how long ive been playing... i looked it up and it says you can go under your profile and it will list it. but i when i check, it just says on the game "first played 2 days ago" 

any idea? 

UGH!  I'm so broke but I had a four day hernia surgery (nothing major) and a friend lent me his Switch to pay BOTW and now I see this game.  URGH, hadn't played a Nintendo game since the ol' 64 days.  Just bought Spider man and was kinda into it but then BOTW sucked me in just like the good ol days.  I so want to pull the trigger on buying a damn switch.  MUST... RESIST!!!

8 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

UGH!  I'm so broke but I had a four day hernia surgery (nothing major) and a friend lent me his Switch to pay BOTW and now I see this game.  URGH, hadn't played a Nintendo game since the ol' 64 days.  Just bought Spider man and was kinda into it but then BOTW sucked me in just like the good ol days.  I so want to pull the trigger on buying a damn switch.  MUST... RESIST!!!

Don't buy one. It has 5 games on it, tops.

• Guillotine 1

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played that for 100 hours. It's a good one. Overall, the console is my least favorite of the 3 I own. 

i almost wish i wouldve bought a switch at launch to play BOTW on it. esp since i wound up just buying one anyway and paid the same price. and its not like the games have come down in price...at all.

i played  BOTW on my WiiU in handheld mode for the entire thing. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, atom631 said:

i almost wish i wouldve bought a switch at launch to play BOTW on it. esp since i wound up just buying one anyway and paid the same price. and its not like the games have come down in price...at all.

i played  BOTW on my WiiU in handheld mode for the entire thing. :rolleyes:

I will say that handheld is a major pull as well.  I could see it being a must for long flights and hanging around in chalets when not skiing!  Whoa, I sound rich, who am I kidding.  IT'd be nice playing while on the Mega Bus red eye to buffalo for some outlet shopping!