The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Information Thread (Launching 09/20/19)

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

The UK limited edition looks better, comes with a Gameboy steelbook

For whatever Amazon.co.uk won't ship the game to the US. Not sure if its specific to this game or if its a new thing. 

I thought about having a buddy buy it and ship it to me, but I don't think its worth it. 

19 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Outside of the art style it kind of looks like a very barebones remake? Did I miss something? Even the original wasn't full price.

There is some new dungeon maker shit. Don't think of it like Mario Maker tho. You just earn some tile pieces and then you and put them together to make a new dungeon to explore. But other than that, it looks just like it is going to be the exact same game for the most part.

The Nintendo Direct trailer also shows a new dungeon-maker tool. Players collect dungeon chamber layouts throughout the game’s adventure. They can then organize the layouts, like connected puzzle pieces, to create their own dungeon maps. Players can tackle their custom dungeons for additional rewards. In the trailer, Link completes a player-made dungeon and receives a new Fairy Bottle.

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

If this game was a collection of all the Gameboy Era games then I'd be all over this. But I'm not paying $60 for a fancy looking Gameboy game.

Might as well get over the fact that this isn’t for you then.  It’s for those who loved the original to death, or who never played it or finished it.

Its also a remake of the best Zelda game ever made.  So I don’t mind the price tag.  No one should get cold feet if they’re new to it.  It’s Nintendo at their best.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

14 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Might as well get over the fact that this isn’t for you then.  It’s for those who loved the original to death, or who never played it or finished it.

Its also a remake of the best Zelda game ever made.  So I don’t mind the price tag.  No one should get cold feet if they’re new to it.  It’s Nintendo at their best.

I love this game, I’m there day one, but I disagree with it hit being the best Zelda game, IMO. It’s far behind OoT, BotW, aLttP, and is have a hard time to choose between it and TP. 

Still an amazing game though.

17 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I love this game, I’m there day one, but I disagree with it hit being the best Zelda game, IMO. It’s far behind OoT, BotW, aLttP, and is have a hard time to choose between it and TP. 

Still an amazing game though.

It’s a better game than Alttp for sure.  The dungeons are much better, and oddly enough, so is the plot.  Immaculately paced game, where almost every screen is important.

OoT is the closest IMO.  BotW is too much of its own thing, but loses point for me for the Shrines all using the same visual templates and not being all that puzzling.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

It’s a better game than Alttp for sure.  The dungeons are much better, and oddly enough, so is the plot.  Immaculately paced game, where almost every screen is important.

OoT is the closest IMO.  BotW is too much of its own thing, but loses point for me for the Shrines all using the same visual templates and not being all that puzzling.

I disagree. ALttP is definitely better, and OoT and BotW are two of the best games ever made.

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I disagree. ALttP is definitely better, and OoT and BotW are two of the best games ever made.

I honestly think Oracle of Ages and Seasons are better games than LTTP.  So is a link between worlds, for the wall shifting and that really great light-dark dungeon.

lttp is still great, and a classic.  But I don’t have the reverence for its puzzle design as I do later 2D games in the series.  It’s not like the space OoT occupies in regard to the 3D series IMO.

BotW, I’d probably put it above LTTP too.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

This should be an instant buy for anyone who hasn't beaten the original.  Best Zelda game ever.

It’s my favorite Zelda game. I got it at a time where I didn’t really know what Zelda was. I played it a few hours as a younger kid and didn’t really get it, probably let it sit for a year or so, then went back (still generally unaware of Zelda) and was absolutely floored once I sort of understood the game. 

My bias toward it probably has a lot with it being my first one of those, but even still it’s incredible. I stumbled into so many secrets as a consequence of sheer time I put into the game because I got one game every 1-2 years back then. No internet to look shit up. I accidentally stole something from the shop once and later on became close friends with a dude largely because we shared that same experience lol. 

Man I miss those days.