Update: RIP in Peace, Marvel's Avengers

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Avengers - Information Thread, Update: Xbox Game Pass release announced for September 30
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, SimpleG said:
avengersheader.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Square Enix previously said "content purchasable with real money will be aesthetic-only"

Some may care , some may not.

This pretty much tells me that it's going F2P in the very near future.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This pretty much tells me that it's going F2P in the very near future.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Just make it F2P 

do it jewish GIF

On 8/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Wait a couple of months until it bombs before they make that decision

On 10/9/2021 at 2:10 AM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Downloaded it just to play the story and i'm already getting bored with it.

Also, a man-sized robot is "blocking" Hulk's punches, which is just silly.

I never understood this complaint... it's a video game. You want The Hulk just one-shotting every enemy in the game? We constantly play games where characters with huge assed swords take multiple strikes to kill an enemy where in reality, most games would be like Bushido Blade where one hit should end an encounter. Or where human characters take multiple headshots from high powered rifles to take them down... or hamburgers and medkits heal near fatal wounds. It's ALL silly but it's for the sake of gameplay.]

That said it's also an RPG and as you level up the Hulk, he DOES get to the point where he can one shot most enemies in the game including bosses. I would only understand this complaint coming from someone who has never played a videogame before in their life. So confusing.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bitgod said:

I downloaded this on XGP and started it up...then quit in disgust within 10 minutes.  I hate Marvel so much now, this game LITERALLY starts with the subject of commercialization, barf.

I'll just have to fire up my 360 and play some Marvel Alliance instead.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a good Marvel game 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I just bought this for $15.

hitting those Thanksgiving sales huh. I’m thinking of some eshop ones that look good (Puyo Puyo 2, Castlevania Advance, New Luckys Tale, kentucky route zero)

Anyway, pretty sure you will like this game for some reason!

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

hitting those Thanksgiving sales huh. I’m thinking of some eshop ones that look good (Puyo Puyo 2, Castlevania Advance, New Luckys Tale, kentucky route zero)

Anyway, pretty sure you will like this game for some reason!

Hey, I noticed flight simulator on gamepass. Isn't that something I should try on my xsx?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

You don't have gamepass?

No, I only have a PS4 and Xbox 360.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

hitting those Thanksgiving sales huh.

Yeah, I’ve been getting some games that I’ve been wanting for fairly cheap.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m thinking of some eshop ones that look good (Puyo Puyo 2, Castlevania Advance, New Luckys Tale, kentucky route zero)

I just recently bought like 20 digital games from the PS Store including Castlevania Advance Collection. I hope that Konami does a Castlevania DS Collection next.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

No, I only have a PS4 and Xbox 360.

Yeah, I’ve been getting some games that I’ve been wanting for fairly cheap.

I just recently bought like 20 digital games from the PS Store including Castlevania Advance Collection. I hope that Konami does a Castlevania DS Collection next.

For switch they could support that accessory for tate mode and split the screen at the center so it’s just like on the DS!

57 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
10871584.attach
SLICKDEALS.NET

Walmart has Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Deluxe Edition w/ Exclusive SteelBook (PS4 or Xbox Series X / Xbox One) on sale for $29.99. Shipping is free with...

$30 is a great deal for this game 

I agree that $30 is a great deal for the Cosmic Deluxe Edition of Guardians of the Galaxy (I paid $25 for the standard edition), but I think that you meant to post this here:

:p

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

I never understood this complaint... it's a video game. You want The Hulk just one-shotting every enemy in the game? We constantly play games where characters with huge assed swords take multiple strikes to kill an enemy where in reality, most games would be like Bushido Blade where one hit should end an encounter. Or where human characters take multiple headshots from high powered rifles to take them down... or hamburgers and medkits heal near fatal wounds. It's ALL silly but it's for the sake of gameplay.]

That said it's also an RPG and as you level up the Hulk, he DOES get to the point where he can one shot most enemies in the game including bosses. I would only understand this complaint coming from someone who has never played a videogame before in their life. So confusing.

I dunno… Could maybe make the Hulk similar to the Tank in Halo. You don’t get it all the time, but when you do you feel unstoppable. It the problem with making him a character just like some of the others. But the Hulk is on a whole different level from Ironman, Hawkeye, Captain America, etc. to pretend he isn’t doesn’t really do the character justice. 

it’s a game sure. But I feel like games have always struggled with this. Some random RPG I am more willing to accept that I have to hit a dude with a sword more than once. But in a Star Wars game it bothers me when a lightsaber doesn’t cut through something or somebody with a single blow, and force powers only work on enemies some of the time. Does it make balanced as a game, maybe, but I got the game to feel like a Jedi, and I don’t feel like a Jedi. In the same way a little robot mounting any defense against the Hulk doesn’t make you feel like the Hulk.  

• 1 year later...

And that's a wrap for this one.

screenshot-2021-11-09-at-16-28-40-163654
WWW.IGN.COM

Crystal Dynamics is ending support for Marvel's Avengers a little more than two years after its original release. While solo and multiplayer will remain available after development ends, it will no longer be...

A little more than two years after its original release, Crystal Dynamics is preparing to end active development on Marvel's Avengers, a decision it says it "undertook in conjunction with our partners."

According to a blog titled "Final Update on the Future of Marvel's Avengers," support will discontinue on September 30, after which digital purchases will no longer be available. All solo content will continue to be playable after support ends, and multiplayer will also remain available.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: RIP in Peace, Marvel's Avengers