Update: RIP in Peace, Marvel's Avengers

As long as they dont force me to play as Ms Marvel. Her transmorphing powers remind me too much of Reed Richards who is probably one of the lamest characters in the Marvel universe. 

That said, i'm not too excited for the Avengers as a whole. I wouldve been a billion times more excited if this game wouldve been the Ultimate Alliance sequel instead of what came out on the Switch.

Marvel’s Avengers is a third-person action-adventure game where you play an all-new, original Avengers story reassembling Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

This video dives deeply into how you customize Super Heroes’ Gear, Skills, Outfits, and how to launch missions from your helicarrier base of operations to take on AIM.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Marvel's Avengers Will be a PS5/Xbox Series X Launch Title and those who buy the current gen versions will get a free upgrade.

Square Enix has confirmed that Marvel's Avengers will be a launch title on both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, and that a free upgrade to these versions will be available to players who buy either the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions. Players who do take advantage of this offer will also be able to move their save files as well. The upgrade only works within the same console family (PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, Xbox One to Xbox Series X). Additionally, just as PS5 players can play with PS4 players, Xbox Series X players will be able play with Xbox One players.

However, Crystal Dynamics has not yet confirmed the advantages the Xbox Series X version will have over the Xbox One. Instead, Square Enix says we will learn more about Xbox Series X, PC, and Stadia features at a later time. 

Destiny? I didn't get that outside of the emotes.

Got much more of an Anthem vibe the way they went from ground to flight to combat. That is a great thing if they nailed the loot, because the Anthem gameplay was fantabulous!

3 hours ago, johnny said:

Game seems like Destiny 

also am I the only one who didn’t think the Thor gameplay looked that good? Seemed like a lot of button mashing type stuff. 

That whole first "gameplay" trailer with Thor looked like CGI staged gameplay because i'm guessing thats what it was. There were no reticles or on-screen info at all. It had such an Anthem vibe to it lol.

It wasnt until later when youre seeing footage with an actual HUD that you can see the combat looks a bit more responsive. I'm guessing that was the actual gameplay footage. 

2 hours ago, ARZ said:

Destiny? I didn't get that outside of the emotes.

Got much more of an Anthem vibe the way they went from ground to flight to combat. That is a great thing if they nailed the loot, because the Anthem gameplay was fantabulous!

I wasnt aware this was loot game until now, I guess I am out.

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

and the framerate seemed highly suspect.

Frame looked real bad with all the effects going off, hope they clear it up.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

I wasnt aware this was loot game until now, I guess I am out.

Frame looked real bad with all the effects going off, hope they clear it up.

27 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The health bars, enemy levels, damage numbers, etc.  Something about seeing that in a superhero action game just strikes me the wrong way.

I'll let ya'all know, when it drops :D

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Let us know if you figure out how to pin it to the dash.

:ohsnap:

A game, no problem. Please, by all mean, take a screen cap of your Twitch pinned directly to the dashboard.

1 hour ago, ARZ said:

A game, no problem. Please, by all mean, take a screen cap of your Twitch pinned directly to the dashboard.

What are we calling "The dashboard" in this situation? Like the main section you go down to that says Pins or the my games and apps section from when you push the guide button?

I have it pinned to both.

23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What are we calling "The dashboard" in this situation? Like the main section you go down to that says Pins or the my games and apps section from when you push the guide button?

I have it pinned to both.

Yeah, when you scroll down and see Gold, Gamepass, Store, etc. I have it in my pins folder, that shits' easy. I can't find a way to add Twitch to the root dashboard.

30 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

No, Cross Play has yet to be confirmed.

I saw Sony has "Exclusive" Content, which kinda effects PS Cross Play some.

Wonder if Xbox and PC will be Cross Play and Sony won't, but they can't talk about that because of the Marketing deal.