Update: RIP in Peace, Marvel's Avengers

35 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

How do you do the weekly challenge?

Each character has a two daily and a weekly challenges. Got to the objectives menu, then pull right trigger until you get to challenges. It will tell you what you need to there. These challenges go toward your challenge card and help unlock all of the stuff that folks in here said you would have to pay for :| You also earn currency for the marketplace store too by doing challenges. I have five skins for the Widow already and haven't spent a dime of real money. Again :|

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I've still been enjoying leveling my characters.

Content is repetitive but what game of this type is it not?

At least running the same missions has random enemy variety so it's not the same exact encounters over and over.

And the characters are so different from each other its like playing a different game everytime you pick one. Far different than Destiny's three classes and the Javelin's in Anthem. And as I've said to you @JPDunks4 I feel like this game has more content than at launch than the other looters. 

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

I have put a frankly astonishing amount of time into Marvel’s Avengers, the Crystal Dynamics looter, which does signify I’ve enjoyed it enough to make the...

I'm not having nearly as hard a time as him gearing up, but he's on point with a lot of his sentiments.

@Phaseknox FYI you can play this game ENTIRELY solo. I'm well into the post campaign an besides playing with @JPDunks4 and @ARZ I've ONLY played solo. The 12 hour campaign length is very deceptive.There's a TON of story content that opens up after you finish the main campaign and thats not counting all of the free DLC that's coming.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Avengers (04 September 2020) - Information Thread, Update: final reviews from OpenCritic posted

I finished the final mission of the story but my campaign progress is 68%. Still have some loose ends to tie up and then I'll tackle the new stuff. 

I predicted Ms. Marvel would be my most played character and she has been. I love all of the characters but for some reason she's the most fun. Her awesome Stark costume probably is part of the reason.

29 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I finished the final mission of the story but my campaign progress is 68%. Still have some loose ends to tie up and then I'll tackle the new stuff. 

I predicted Ms. Marvel would be my most played character and she has been. I love all of the characters but for some reason she's the most fun. Her awesome Stark costume probably is part of the reason.

There's A LOT to do post mission. My advice, don't tackle the hero missions until you're a higher power level. Save those for later. They give you guaranteed legendary drops but those will be tied to your current power level.

• Thanks 1

Last night I used xCloud and Console streaming for the longest play session yet.

Ran a few missions with @skillzdadirectaand @ARZwhile up visiting family.

Using a Galaxy Tab S4, played flawlessly for a little over an hour. My parents also dont have the best router or wifi set up in there house, but I experienced just a couple very minor lag spikes in that time.

Console Streaming currently isn't part of the Game Pass xCloud launch, and only accessible in the Preview App.  Hopefully it's available to everyone eventually.

20200920_002328.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The game is definitely fun, but it needs some more content and a few more additions. The 2 biggest I can think of is:

1. Drop-in/Drop-out multiplayer
  2. Ability to boot someone from the party

Few times with Randos they would sit there and do nothing until you get to the end boss, or just do nothing to get end-mission rewards. Can really screw up a match or make it take 3 times longer than it should

It's pretty clear at this point that this game should have been delayed. I enjoy the basic gameplay loop ann even the loot chase of building my character, but the bugs are killign the goodwill the most dedicated fans of the game. It's a shame becuase I honestly felt like this game was more "complete" content wise than most of the recent looters on consoles. Somebody needs to lose their job over fucking up this launch this badly.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Hope the Sony money was worth the hurt it caused by screwing over 2/3 of your potential customer base.

Every little bit helps when a game bombs this bad, lol.

They never recovered from the likenesses, or the bad PR from the first showing.  Even SW Battlefront 2 didn’t have to fight this degree of apathy, which is killer.

33 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Every little bit helps when a game bombs this bad, lol.

They never recovered from the likenesses, or the bad PR from the first showing.  Even SW Battlefront 2 didn’t have to fight this degree of apathy, which is killer.

The likenesses wan't the issue. The biggest issues even with fans of the game are the bugs and the lack of post game content. The game itself is fine to play and the campaign was better than I expected... but this was the buggiest AAA game I've played in a long time. Having the game crash on you when you're trying to complete some of the time consuiming challenges it throws at you will break evn the most ardent defenders of the game. Hopefully they get a second act but still...

All of the exclusive content bullshit didn't help either. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The likenesses wan't the issue. The biggest issues even with fans of the game are the bugs and the lack of post game content. The game itself is fine to play and the campaign was better than I expected... but this was the buggiest AAA game I've played in a long time. Having the game crash on you when you're trying to complete some of the time consuiming challenges it throws at you will break evn the most ardent defenders of the game. Hopefully they get a second act but still...

All of the exclusive content bullshit didn't help either. 

The likenesses and early showing impressions absolutely killed the hype that should have come from an AAA Avengers game.  Bugs and post-game only soured things for those already willing to give it a shot.

If there was more hype to begin with, SE would have hit their targets or at least come close to it (as Battlefront 2 did).  

Not enough people looked forward to this game.  It’s really that simple.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

The likenesses and early showing impressions absolutely killed the hype that should have come from an AAA Avengers game.  Bugs and post-game only soured things for those already willing to give it a shot.

If there was more hype to begin with, SE would have hit their targets or at least come close to it (as Battlefront 2 did).  

Not enough people looked forward to this game.  It’s really that simple.

ENough people played it that positive word of mouth could have overcome that... plenty of games have overcome lukewarm first impressions. The BUGS and lack of content is the FAR bigger issue. Such that even folks who bought the game, played it and enjoyed it couldn't recommend it to oither people who were curious about it. I've been playing the game since launch and participate in sevreral forums regarding the game... NO BODY MENTIONS OR GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE LIKENESSES OF THE CHARACTERS. You spend MOST of the time in costume anyway. If anything people were more engrossed in the actual story and overlooked the likenesses. If your only impression of the game was from way back then I can seee you think that that was the issue. It wasn't. I'm pretty sure the PC version has mods to make the characters look like their movie counterparts anyway. Game breaking bugs and lack of content are bigger issues with this game.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

ENough people played it that positive word of mouth could have overcome that... plenty of games have overcome lukewarm first impressions. The BUGS and lack of content is the FAR bigger issue. Such that even folks who bought the game, played it and enjoyed it couldn't recommend it to oither people who were curious about it. I've been playing the game since launch and participate in sevreral forums regarding the game... NO BODY MENTIONS OR GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE LIKENESSES OF THE CHARACTERS. You spend MOST of the time in costume anyway. If anything people were more engrossed in the actual story and overlooked the likenesses. If your only impression of the game was from way back then I can seee you think that that was the issue. It wasn't. I'm pretty sure the PC version has mods to make the characters look like their movie counterparts anyway. Game breaking bugs and lack of content are bigger issues with this game.

Course those who are playing the game currently aren’t complaining about the characters.  They’re the ones who decided to buy in anyways.

Getting rid of all the bugs and glitches wouldn’t make this the Avengers game a mainstream audience would want.  That’s its biggest problem.  They weren’t able to properly leverage the IP to translate into solid sales, when it should have been to its advantage.  They’re not going to get the same chance again.  Their opportunity to leverage the wave of pop Avengers hype is pretty much spent.

I keep bringing up Battlefront 2 for a reason.  As much bullshit as EA pulled, and however hollow the experience was, they still sold a ton of copies at launch.  EA was still generally in touch with what the public wanted out of a Star Wars video game, even as a vocal minority complained.

SE has appeared out of touch since the beginning.  Deservedly, or not.  That’s the difference. They weren’t able to onboard very many people excited about the films.

• 2 weeks later...