Outriders (People Can Fly co-op RPG shooter) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Trickster has no armor, they get armor after getting a kill that depletes quickly.

That being said I just got some epic trousers that after I use my time bubble give me 100% shields!

that makes sense. They really designed these characters to make you play into their style to survive. For the Technomancer that likely means they’re meant to hide behind their turrets or somebody tanky that’s drawing all the enemy fire. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

that makes sense. They really designed these characters to make you play into their style to survive. For the Technomancer that likely means they’re meant to hide behind their turrets or somebody tanky that’s drawing all the enemy fire. 

Yeah Technomancers are meant to be long range characters.

59 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

All characters have armor. That value is determined by their equipment level. Are you thinking of shields? 

Is Trickster the only class that has shields or does the tank class also have shields. Got a few mods with shield effects but doesn't seem to work with Technomancer.

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

Is Trickster the only class that has shields or does the tank class also have shields. Got a few mods with shield effects but doesn't seem to work with Technomancer.

Trickster is the only one I'VE seen so far with shields... my Pyro definitely doesn't have them. You know you cans share loot between characters right? @JPDunks4?

5 minutes ago, The def star said:

Thr technomancer doesn’t have a default shield. But there’s a weapon mod that will generate a shield around you when you fire the weapon. So If you equip that you can probably combo those other mods on top of it. 

I've been in the End Game and I've been really enjoying it.

It is very repetitive after a certain point, but if you're the type that likes tweaking a build and experimenting with things, the way they share information on your performance is by far the best I've seen of these types of games.  

The post Expedition Stats show you tons of data.  It'll show how much damage you did total, and break it down by skill/mod/weapon/perk, ect.  It really helps with seeing what mods and perks you think maybe helping you put out tons of damage, really aren't doing anything.  It's helped me make quite a few changes already to the point I can solo a lot of it at the higher Tiers. 

Then the whole Time Trial nature of it, with each thing being no longer than 10-20 minutes tops, its very easy to tweak a few things and say "Just one more time" to see if you improve.  Then the Loot is actually handled in a very favorable way, where it'll show you exactly what % odds you have based on performance to get Legendary Rewards.  And if you don't do well or get a Legendary, you're still earning the new Currency that can go towards buying gear or upgrading current gear. 

It's all done well and I never feel like I've wasted time. 

That being said, the nature of a Time Trial essentially makes all builds needing to be DPS builds.  There really isn't' a need for a Tank per say cause if you can't help kill things you're kinda useless.  I hope they add other variety of End Game content for all types of roles.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm really enjoying my gun that does poison damage and also makes a bolt of electricity strike the target. So ridiculous! :p

That lightening perk really is so awesome. The best part is that it makes absolutely zero logical sense. There’s nothing that explains it or even hints that it should be possible. Instead “hey you know what would be cool? Fucking lightning bullets” 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the game last night but the final boss at World Tier 15 is like an hour long boss fight and that's if you manage to kill him. Several times me and my buddy got to his second phase but would die with a quarter left on his health bar. I had to re spec my Technomancer several times before I found something that was able to do more damage but that dude's health pool is massive and the damage the blue balls due is crazy high. We decided to drop it down to WT13 just to beat him and we finished the fight in 15min. Now we are at the end game. Looking forward to unlocking more gold mods as the ones I have are pretty game changing.

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, The def star said:

Finished the game last night but the final boss at World Tier 15 is like an hour long boss fight and that's if you manage to kill him. Several times me and my buddy got to his second phase but would die with a quarter left on his health bar. I had to re spec my Technomancer several times before I found something that was able to do more damage but that dude's health pool is massive and the damage the blue balls due is crazy high. We decided to drop it down to WT13 just to beat him and we finished the fight in 15min. Now we are at the end game. Looking forward to unlocking more gold mods as the ones I have are pretty game changing.

I beat him solo with my Pyro world tier 11 or 12 I think. There's a definite strategy to beating him that I found works.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I kinda forgot about this game. You guys went silent for a little bit but I want to give this a shot after I beat Valhalla. 

I've been taking a small break from gaming in general but will be back soon enough.

We went silent because we've all been playing trying to get to the end game. Me @JPDunks4 @TomCat and @ARZ all play daily. The disconnects are still annoying as hell... I got disconnected on a tough battle with @ARZ last night that made me want to break the damn controller. Game has its issues, but its a solid first effort and they really nail progression and character building along with gear and mods. 

• Thanks 1

I hit End Game over a week ago.  I can solo Gold up to Tier 15 with my Devastator.  I missed a Gold on a Tier 15 by a few seconds, pretty sure I can hit it now.  The difficulty of getting Gold varies GREATLY from expedition to expedition.  Some I can clear with 2 to 3 minute to spare, some I can't get close to Gold.  

I am at End Game with my Devastator and Pyro.  I like how it's laid out and how you progress through the Challenge Tiers.  I love the Stats they share post Expedition.  It's fairly addictive.  

One of my characters was hit the Inventory Bug, and its been what, 2 weeks with no fix yet.  They promise a restoration but it's taking awhile.  The server issues with co-op is really bad as well.  Way too many drops.  Solo plays pretty well but co-op is still kind of a mess.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

We went silent because we've all been playing trying to get to the end game. Me @JPDunks4 @TomCat and @ARZ all play daily. The disconnects are still annoying as hell... I got disconnected on a tough battle with @ARZ last night that made me want to break the damn controller. Game has its issues, but its a solid first effort and they really nail progression and character building along with gear and mods. 

I got you. Sorry to hear about getting disconnected. That would piss me the hell off, too. Thanks for the response because I do want to try it out for sure.

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

One of my characters was hit the Inventory Bug, and its been what, 2 weeks with no fix yet.  They promise a restoration but it's taking awhile.  The server issues with co-op is really bad as well.  Way too many drops.  Solo plays pretty well but co-op is still kind of a mess.

That blows about your character inventory bug. I'll play this so so disconnects shouldn't be a problem for me.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I got you. Sorry to hear about getting disconnected. That would piss me the hell off, too. Thanks for the response because I do want to try it out for sure.

That blows about your character inventory bug. I'll play this so so disconnects shouldn't be a problem for me.

Yeah my Pyro is my solo character and my Technomancer is my co-op character. I definitely plan to play as Trickster and Devastator too and will probably use those for play with randoms. The actual gameplay loop is really fun.

The End Game stuff is very similar to a Diablo rift run.  It is just about, how fast can you kill the enemies.  That's it.  Which can be fun and addictive, it also does get a bit repetitive.  

I am hoping they add some other type of gameplay mechanics or puzzles or something into some end game content.  Even a Horde Mode would be perfectly suited for this type of game.  

I thought I might have gotten fucked because the first time I played it post patch I got that infinite falling bug where you just fall through the map and never touch the ground. I quit out and returned and things were back to normal. :s

That would be the first time I had experienced a bug in this game.