Outriders (People Can Fly co-op RPG shooter) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Just finished the campaign.

I managed to hit Lvl 30, and World Tier 15 right towards the end of the campaign.  My Devastator was basically indestructible, but some of the later Tier 15 Bosses did take some time to kill.  I love my build, but I know Devastators are shunned in End Game right now because they "dont do enough damage".  I feel like I output a good amount though, but hard to judge without really playing End Game with others.

Did my first Exxpedition, it only allowed me to try Tier 6, so I ran one solo, and managed to get a Gold Rating.  Interested to dive into this end game setup a bit more.

I finally figured out what that annoying sound was!

There was always this sound, it sounded like a piece of metal hitting the ground or something. I always wondered what it was, like a delayed reloading sound or like the sound of a grenade landing next to you (though it couldn't be that because grenades give a different sound)

Turns out it is just the sound that plays when your abilities come off cooldown. Yeah, it's a terrible sound.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I finally figured out what that annoying sound was!

There was always this sound, it sounded like a piece of metal hitting the ground or something. I always wondered what it was, like a delayed reloading sound or like the sound of a grenade landing next to you (though it couldn't be that because grenades give a different sound)

Turns out it is just the sound that plays when your abilities come off cooldown. Yeah, it's a terrible sound.

Sound? I don't think I have ever noticed it. 

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe you need to get your ears checked because it's very loud for me.

Weren't you the guy who couldn't hear his fire alarm low battery beep on the podcasts? :p

Who said I couldn't hear it? I ignored it because I was too lazy to change the battery :lol: Maybe you have super hearing? I can hear the sound when there is no action but it blends in with all the other noise during a firefight that it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't doubt if my hearing isn't all that great after working 10 years in a strip club :nervous:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know what has happened but I'm level 24 Tier 11 and my Tehchnomancer's health and armor are ridiculously low compared to my friend who is playing the Pyromancer class. His armor and health almost double mine. We are both the same level but he is going through the game like a tank while I'm fragile like glass. I get that the Technomancer is a long range character but snipers are draining 3/4 of my health with 1 shot. I'm thinking I will need to respec my character to focus more on health or maybe move my mods around. Anyone have any suggestions?

20 minutes ago, The def star said:

I don't know what has happened but I'm level 24 Tier 11 and my Tehchnomancer's health and armor are ridiculously low compared to my friend who is playing the Pyromancer class. His armor and health almost double mine. We are both the same level but he is going through the game like a tank while I'm fragile like glass. I get that the Technomancer is a long range character but snipers are draining 3/4 of my health with 1 shot. I'm thinking I will need to respec my character to focus more on health or maybe move my mods around. Anyone have any suggestions?

Check the specs on your armor and equipment. Some of it boosts health, some boosts firepower... check the stats. it's more than likely not your perks or mods but your equipment.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Check the specs on your armor and equipment. Some of it boosts health, some boosts firepower... check the stats. it's more than likely not your perks or mods but your equipment.

All my armor is similar specs. Some have better boost than others but there isn't a difference enough in all my armor pieces to even get close to how much armor and health my friends Pyro has. He is almost double my armor and health. I'm thinking that maybe this is how this class is. The discrepancy wasn't this bad when we started but now at Tier 11 and level 24 it seems off balance.

24 minutes ago, The def star said:

I wonder if maybe the skill tree they’re on boosts their health and armor too, while yours does not. At least not as much. They may have speced into a tankier build, while you may be capable of higher damage or faster ability cool downs. 

1 minute ago, The def star said:

All my armor is similar specs. Some have better boost than others but there isn't a difference enough in all my armor pieces to even get close to how much armor and health my friends Pyro has. He is almost double my armor and health. I'm thinking that maybe this is how this class is. The discrepancy wasn't this bad when we started but now at Tier 11 and level 24 it seems off balance.

Is your armore boosting firepower, health or armor? I'm not talking about the main number. Each piece has other stats that the effect that effects one of several stats like I said... Health, Armor, Firepower or anamoly power. 

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if maybe the skill tree they’re on boosts their health and armor too, while yours does not. At least not as much. They may have speced into a tankier build, while you may be capable of higher damage or faster ability cool downs. 

I think this maybe the case. I know I do way more DPS per headshot for my class but man does it suck when we get swarmed. I constantly have to keep running away while he just takes it like a champ :lol: I might have to better focus my tree for DPS and health. I was specing it so I would deal pretty good damage with my turrets but will need to change that.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is your armore boosting firepower, health or armor? I'm not talking about the main number. Each piece has other stats that the effect that effects one of several stats like I said... Health, Armor, Firepower or anamoly power. 

If I set all my armor to only boost health I'm still way low compared to his build, same if I focus on armor and anamoly. The only thing i have on him is firepower.

5 minutes ago, The def star said:

I think this maybe the case. I know I do way more DPS per headshot for my class but man does it suck when we get swarmed. I constantly have to keep running away while he just takes it like a champ :lol: I might have to better focus my tree for DPS and health. I was specing it so I would deal pretty good damage with my turrets but will need to change that.

you made yourself a glass cannon. Nice. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, The def star said:

I was trying to build a class where my turrets do all my bidding and I just snipe from far away :lol:

Lol Im Pretty much there. Both turrets set to freeze. One does pretty good damage and the other has a stackable armor lowering ability. My gun has that corpse exploder ability. So I just sit back and fire it into the frozen crowd and boom! 

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol Im Pretty much there. Both turrets set to freeze. One does pretty good damage and the other has a stackable armor lowering ability. My gun has that corpse exploder ability. So I just sit back and fire it into the frozen crowd and boom! 

That works until you get attacked by those enemies that rush you. I respec'd my Technomancer and I still can't get enough health and armor. It feels like the enemies are balanced around my friends Pyro as he has 40K in armor and 30K in health at level 24. When the mod boost kick in he's well over 50K. My Technomancer without mods is at 9K armor and 8K health. With my mods it goes up to 13K respectively. My damage is crazy but does me no good when I get rushed. I checked online and looks like the best set up for Technomancer is to go Toxicity for major damage. I have no problem with that build but it makes it feel like at high levels that is the only way to play that class. 

9 minutes ago, The def star said:

That works until you get attacked by those enemies that rush you. I respec'd my Technomancer and I still can't get enough health and armor. It feels like the enemies are balanced around my friends Pyro as he has 40K in armor and 30K in health at level 24. When the mod boost kick in he's well over 50K. My Technomancer without mods is at 9K armor and 8K health. With my mods it goes up to 13K respectively. My damage is crazy but does me no good when I get rushed. I checked online and looks like the best set up for Technomancer is to go Toxicity for major damage. I have no problem with that build but it makes it feel like at high levels that is the only way to play that class. 

Are you both Level 24?  Are you both wearing the same Level Gear?  At the higher levels, each jump in level is much more significant.  I'm a Pyro playing with my Technomancer friend, and we've both been pretty in line stat wise.  He usually is a little above me actually.  I know a lot of guys in here roughly the same level as you with their Technomancers, what stats are you guys running with for Health and Armor?

@TomCat @Mercury33

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Are you both Level 24?  Are you both wearing the same Level Gear?  At the higher levels, each jump in level is much more significant.  I'm a Pyro playing with my Technomancer friend, and we've both been pretty in line stat wise.  He usually is a little above me actually.  I know a lot of guys in here roughly the same level as you with their Technomancers, what stats are you guys running with for Health and Armor?

@TomCat @Mercury33

Yeah I'm actually a higher level than him. I think he just turned 24 last night and I'm am more than halfway through 24. I'll send a pic of my load out in a bit. I'll ask him to send me a pic as well as this gots me scratching my head lol

I just went into my character and saw that I have a new Damage Absorber mod that grants me 8k of armor. With that it boosted me to about 18k. I'm starting to think it's just the way this class is. My health is actually just under 3k. I checked my mods again and don't seem to have anymore mods that can increase my health or armor. Are mods class specific?

53 minutes ago, The def star said:

I just went into my character and saw that I have a new Damage Absorber mod that grants me 8k of armor. With that it boosted me to about 18k. I'm starting to think it's just the way this class is. My health is actually just under 3k. I checked my mods again and don't seem to have anymore mods that can increase my health or armor. Are mods class specific?

Tier 1 and a lot of 3 Armor Mods are class specific because they directly impact the Skills.  Tier 2 can have a few specific class specific mods, but like 90% of them are identical from what I've seen.  

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Possibly, they’re meant to be a mid range character. I wonder if trickster and devastator have even more armor due to being close range characters. 

Trickster has no armor, they get armor after getting a kill that depletes quickly.

That being said I just got some epic trousers that after I use my time bubble give me 100% shields!

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Trickster has no armor, they get armor after getting a kill that depletes quickly.

That being said I just got some epic trousers that after I use my time bubble give me 100% shields!

All characters have armor. That value is determined by their equipment level. Are you thinking of shields?