Outriders (People Can Fly co-op RPG shooter) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

20 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Day 1 on Game Pass for Console and Streaming

OutridersGamePass_1920x1080.jpg?fit=1920
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We all got a taste of Outriders with the recent demo, so I’m thrilled to announce that Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one! Starting April 1 (not an April Fool’s joke...

Man, MS is nailing it this gen. 

I wish it was on PC GP doe.  I just started the demo cuz I'm a fan of Bulletstorm, so I thought I'd try it.  There's a lot a like and a lot that's rough.  Will probably be more interested for $30 and hope it stays alive long enough to be worth it.  Also nice that it has generally low system requirements.

Holy crap, I just noticed there isn't even any text chat.  wtf.  This game needs more baking. 

Ugh, I'd be tempted to buy this just because I'm in the mood, but things like no chat or just how friggen bullet sponge-y this game is, and I never had a problem with that in Destiny or Division, is crazy.  I hate using ARs or SMGs for close range.  I'd rather stick to shotguns which can kill quicker or LMGs, which at least have the large capacity to not dedicate a mag per kill.

2 hours ago, Bitgod said:

Holy crap, I just noticed there isn't even any text chat.  wtf.  This game needs more baking.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Nothing turns me off a game faster these days than the phrase "co-op RPG shooter."

If anything this has had too much baking. It's clearly riding on the coattails of shlooters like Destiny and Anthem, but people are so entrenched in Destiny I don't think they have any incentive to go to a new one.

21 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If anything this has had too much baking. It's clearly riding on the coattails of shlooters like Destiny and Anthem, but people are so entrenched in Destiny I don't think they have any incentive to go to a new one.

Destiny sucks, warframe is a lot better but also kinda sucks.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why do you have to try to upset @Mr.Vic20 on this beautiful Sunday morning?

No,no, he's no wrong! Warframe is an odd duck. It's like an amusement park full of maybe fun, maybe lame rides. Sometimes it's a good experience and others you wonder why you are playing at all. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

No,no, he's no wrong! Warframe is an odd duck. It's like an amusement park full of maybe fun, maybe lame rides. Sometimes it's a good experience and others you wonder why you are playing at all. 

You should join us on the dark side and play Genshin instead. 🤫

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You should join us on the dark side and play Genshin instead. 🤫

I have it downloaded, but I'm on the cusp of reaching level 30 in warframe and that's beena 7 year "journey" that I'd like to see completed before I move on. 

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I have it downloaded, but I'm on the cusp of reaching level 30 in warframe and that's beena 7 year "journey" that I'd like to see completed before I move on. 

Oh yeah well I just reached level 80 with Zhongli! :shock: (Ok level 74 but he'll be there soon)

spacer.png

(not pictured Zhongli)

I hate myself that I'm still playing this, especially when I got 3 new games I bought during xmas sales waiting for me.  4 if I want to count my unfinished Cyberpunk.  LOLOLOLOL  yeah.

But I have a looty shooty addiction.  Heh, even Anthem couldn't get me to play doe.

13 hours ago, Bitgod said:

I hate myself that I'm still playing this, especially when I got 3 new games I bought during xmas sales waiting for me.  4 if I want to count my unfinished Cyberpunk.  LOLOLOLOL  yeah.

But I have a looty shooty addiction.  Heh, even Anthem couldn't get me to play doe.

Still playing the demo?  Like your farming legendaries?  Or just slowly been working through the different classes?

13 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Still playing the demo?  Like your farming legendaries?  Or just slowly been working through the different classes?

Playing other classes.  First dude was a techno, made a chick trickster when I liked a lot but I'm having trouble dealing with captains, can't kill them fast enough.  Haven't done any research on the game like farming tips n stuff.

Finally watching some videos on this, just looked at their post-campaign video.  It's weird, some basic things (CHAT) are missing, but other things they've done seem a response to other games.  The post-campaign expeditions almost feel like Division 2 DLC stuff, but without having to pay for DLC.

Trickster is the easiest to kill captains with, once you have the 4th power. Pop 4th power, run up to captain, slow time, shoot until he dies(generally one mag).

I still need to try Technomancer. I enjoyed Pyro the least of the three I've tried so far.

Ugh, not sure about the devastator.  Kind liked it, but the third power ain't doing much for me, and now I'm getting stuck on the captain on the way to the solar tower.  Mainly though cuz it seems to be glitching.  This captain seems a lot more powerful than the other 2 times I ran through this, and I end up "killing" him, and and he turns into a red blob, it just sits there, and then he comes back at full strength.  Which is some bullshit.

5 hours ago, Bitgod said:

Ugh, not sure about the devastator.  Kind liked it, but the third power ain't doing much for me, and now I'm getting stuck on the captain on the way to the solar tower.  Mainly though cuz it seems to be glitching.  This captain seems a lot more powerful than the other 2 times I ran through this, and I end up "killing" him, and and he turns into a red blob, it just sits there, and then he comes back at full strength.  Which is some bullshit.

Yeah I had that happen a few times but then other times he just died. Was never able to figure out what causes him to turn into the blob then respawn. 

I believe it's an ability that he can use when he's almost dead. I had it happen once, also while playing as Devastator, but if you interrupt him or kill him before he gets it off it doesn't happen.

I've done a few farming runs, but I get bored by it too. It'll be a lot easier to get legendaries at the higher world tiers in the full game anyway.

Made the pyro tonight, I'm not liking it.  I'm dying too much.  Either cuz I took a few days off, or more likely I just don't like the powers.  I feel like I'm having to work too much to fit them in.  I had my best period when I just went back to a long range shooter with a bolt action and use the powers only when getting rushed, which doesn't feel fun to me.  So my main will be one of the close combat ones.

5 hours ago, Bitgod said:

Made the pyro tonight, I'm not liking it.  I'm dying too much.  Either cuz I took a few days off, or more likely I just don't like the powers.  I feel like I'm having to work too much to fit them in.  I had my best period when I just went back to a long range shooter with a bolt action and use the powers only when getting rushed, which doesn't feel fun to me.  So my main will be one of the close combat ones.

I feel the Pyro is a character that needs more of its skills unlocked, or needs some of its skills boosted by gear. 

I think most everyone has said its been their least favorite thus far, and I think the Leech mechanic is based on getting flame kills, which is probably the toughest of the 4 classes.

I still had fun with the Pyro, but it was probably the most difficult of the 4 for me.

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I feel the Pyro is a character that needs more of its skills unlocked, or needs some of its skills boosted by gear. 

I think most everyone has said its been their least favorite thus far, and I think the Leech mechanic is based on getting flame kills, which is probably the toughest of the 4 classes.

I still had fun with the Pyro, but it was probably the most difficult of the 4 for me.

I didn't have that much trouble with the pyro :thinking: I think I'll main him to begin with since there doesn't seem to be too many planning on using him. Most folks seem to be leaning trickster.

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn't have that much trouble with the pyro :thinking: I think I'll main him to begin with since there doesn't seem to be too many planning on using him. Most folks seem to be leaning trickster.

I didn't really have many issues with Pyro, but compared to the others, the skills seemed most limited.  He didn't have a "Teleport" skill that could get you around quickly like Trickster or Devastator.   I do like the skill that causes the enemy to self destruct, and I feel like that could potentially be an OP skill with proper mods.  The other skills, where you kind of pull enemies slightly, or seem to stagger them slightly, both are kinda meh so far. 

I've really enjoyed all 4 characters, and look forward to seeing how they all flesh out.  For my personal play style, I'm still leaning Trickster or Devastator.

My main issue with Pyro is the fact that you have to hit enemies with your powers to be able to heal, when none of the others require that. As such, if you are on cooldown and get hit hard by enemies you're screwed and pretty much just have to run away. I guess if you focus on weapon leech guns you could somewhat compensate, but really I suspect the later powers and mods are where the class will start to shine.

Awww, they moved the goalpost a little.  Recommended was a 1060 6GB before.  1070 is more realistic, I was on the edge of 60fps with a 1060.

spacer.png

Oh, I notice they say "high preset" for recommended now, I was running at Ultra before, I think.  Course that was probably DX11 before since apparently the demo defaulted to that.  Man, wouldn't that be a pisser if the final game ran a lot different than the demo, that's be a screwjob.