Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - Official Reveal Trailer

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I just really don't think the battle system has help up well. I first played it in the mid-2000s and while I enjoyed the characters and story, the grinding got to be a drag.

It's probably the least grind-y game in the series though if you just wanna experience the story. 

It has a level scaling system that allows you to finish the game at pretty low levels. Plus, the GF system, though I love it, is essentially broken, and with a little focused grinding you can become overpowered very quickly. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

It's probably the least grind-y game in the series though if you just wanna experience the story. 

It has a level scaling system that allows you to finish the game at pretty low levels. Plus, the GF system, though I love it, is essentially broken, and with a little focused grinding you can become overpowered very quickly. 

Draw grinding was awful, so I'm gonna have to disagree. It's been over a decade since I played it. I beat it back then, but I don't remember a ton, other than not caring for the battle system but liking most everything else. It's one of those that while I liked it decently, playing through it once was enough for me.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Draw grinding was awful, so I'm gonna have to disagree. It's been over a decade since I played it. I beat it back then, but I don't remember a ton, other than not caring for the battle system but liking most everything else. It's one of those that while I liked it decently, playing through it once was enough for me.

But you don’t have to draw grind is what I’m saying. If you wanna become OP’d, you can use that system to do so pretty easily. 

I cant remember the exact details but I think you can beat Ultemacia at like level 5 or something lol. 

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

But you don’t have to draw grind is what I’m saying. If you wanna become OP’d, you can use that system to do so pretty easily. 

I cant remember the exact details but I think you can beat Ultemacia at like level 5 or something lol. 

Doom train breaks like 99% of the game. Works on most bosses i think. I just remember summoning Doom Train and basically making sandwiches for most enemies 

I wonder if the FFVIII PC build Microsoft's been selling for years will be auto updated.  I own it, never played it.

This with a background upscale mod is exactly how I want to experience this game.

Stock 99 Firagas, 99 Thundagas, and 99 Blizzagas. 

Congrats, you win.

Honestly, that's what made FF8 so fun. The fact that you could completely break it right off the bat. Oh, and the Muppet Babies storyline.

22 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

That's not how I recall it. Like I said, it's been over a decade. My husband had played it when it was new and loved it and even he said the gameplay hadn't aged well at all when we did our playthrough together.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That's not how I recall it. Like I said, it's been over a decade. My husband had played it when it was new and loved it and even he said the gameplay hadn't aged well at all when we did our playthrough together.

Yeah if you aren't aware of those systems it can certainly be a grind. But if you are actually interested in replaying it, just know that it literally is the least grindy in the series. I'm sure they'll have the systems in place where you can just click a button and suddenly be invincible or whatever as well, like they do with 7 and 9. 

I'm really excited for it. The music alone gets me hyped. 

15 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah if you aren't aware of those systems it can certainly be a grind. But if you are actually interested in replaying it, just know that it literally is the least grindy in the series. I'm sure they'll have the systems in place where you can just click a button and suddenly be invincible or whatever as well, like they do with 7 and 9. 

I'm really excited for it. The music alone gets me hyped. 

The rerelease already has a booster to give 100 of a list of spells and another for 100 each acquired spell.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/FINAL_FANTASY_VIII/

With those boosters the game should be quick to finish, the most tedious thing left would probably be manipulating the rules of the card game so that you can reliably win.

I didn't bother with the rerelease but if the remaster has the same booster's it might be worth another playthrough.

7 hours ago, dualhunter said:

I didn't bother with the rerelease but if the remaster has the same booster's it might be worth another playthrough.

Nah, because the main character will still be some lame emo crybaby.