Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spork3245

Sales & Deals Nintendo E3 Sale

Recommended Posts

Secret of Mana collection. Contra collection. Both available today. Nintendo is making me rock hard again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Nintendo's sales just suck ass. 

 

So you're saying you don't want to spend $40 on tropical freeze?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

So you're saying you don't want to spend $40 on tropical freeze?

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up Tropical Freeze on Wii U for $20 new years ago. $40 now is not a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to pick up Torna.  It's only a few bucks of savings off the XB2 season pass itself (which wasn't discounted, even though it's the exact same thing).   But I needed an excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

$20 for Mario + Rabbids seems like a good deal, though...?

 

Get the Gold edition for $26.  That's a good deal.  Perfect portable game, good game anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mario+Rabbids is good. Lame that the DLC isn’t on sale, but the game+DLC is. Kinda want the Donkey Kong pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

 

Get the Gold edition for $26.  That's a good deal.  Perfect portable game, good game anyways.

 

Is the DLC worth it or is it just characters/skins/weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

Is the DLC worth it or is it just characters/skins/weapons?

 

DLC is a big expansion apparently.  New DK themed levels, characters, etc.  I haven’t gotten to it yet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could have sworn the sale price for Dead Cells wad the normal price I paid on the Quattro but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

How much would you consider “fair” for Tropical Freeze?

I would pay $20 for it. Fair is a weird word because it’s so personal and subjective. 

 

But it’s a 5+ year old game. Spider-Man is $20 and it came out less than a year ago. 

 

I think Nintendo is absurd with their pricing models. I think they probably ignore objective information that guides your ideal pricing models likely due to some stubborn traditional old-school thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Paperclyp

 

Yeah, prices on stuff is always subjective, I think. What’s expensive to one person may be no big deal to another.

 

Is Spider-Man as good of a game as Tropical Freeze? Both are with $20? Regardless of what year they are released? 

 

Honestly asking, I haven’t played either game yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

@Paperclyp

 

Yeah, prices on stuff is always subjective, I think. What’s expensive to one person may be no big deal to another.

 

Is Spider-Man as good of a game as Tropical Freeze? Both are with $20? Regardless of what year they are released? 

 

Honestly asking, I haven’t played either game yet.

I haven’t played either, uhhh, either. 

 

Generally speaking though, games go down in price as time passes. Nowadays it’s not unusual to see games as old as tropical freeze routinely under $20. Certainly under $40 at a baseline price, let alone a sale. And that’s regardless of game quality. 

 

Games aren’t really priced according to how good they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

 but that's not what justifies a price tag.

 

Yea, that was a really weird metric to base pricing on. By this logic The Witcher 3 should have launched at $200 and still sell for that much :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Games aren’t really priced according to how good they are. 

You’re not wrong, just wondering about “bang for buck” ratio. Though it should be noted some games that aren’t good go down in price faster. Mostly because they don’t sell. Which I don’t think is an issue for Tropical Freeze, or, I assume, Spider-Man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

You’re not wrong, just wondering about “bang for buck” ratio. Though it should be noted some games that aren’t good go down in price faster. Mostly because they don’t sell. Which I don’t think is an issue for Tropical Freeze, or, I assume, Spider-Man.

 

Well, Spider-Man is more of an open world game with plenty to do, so it's arguably more bang for your buck. But that's not what determines price. 

 

I've played and enjoyed both games, btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@Paperclyp

 

Yeah, prices on stuff is always subjective, I think. What’s expensive to one person may be no big deal to another.

 

Is Spider-Man as good of a game as Tropical Freeze? Both are with $20? Regardless of what year they are released? 

 

Honestly asking, I haven’t played either game yet.

Spider-Man is a bunch of games you've already played but with Spider-Man in it.

 

Tropical Freeze is one of the best platformers ever made, and is a complete audio/visual/aesthetic triumph.  If I didn't still have it on Wii-U, I would buy it again for $60 on Switch without batting an eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

You’re not wrong, just wondering about “bang for buck” ratio. Though it should be noted some games that aren’t good go down in price faster. Mostly because they don’t sell. Which I don’t think is an issue for Tropical Freeze, or, I assume, Spider-Man.

 

 

Bad games drop in price very fast. Good games also drop in price, not as fast but they should come down to a reasonable level after a year, especially if it's just a port of a 5 year old game. God of War came out last year (a month before Tropical Freeze) and is $19.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are comparing Spiderman and donkey Kong when there's a better comparison - doom 2016 is $20 on PSN right now, and $40 on the eshop. What justifies Nintendo charging twice as much? That they didn't get a port until more recently? That the game runs worse and at a lower resolution than on ps4? 

 

This stuff has never made sense. They've gotten so much better with their sales since the switch launched, but they have to understand their prices are dumb. I would have taken doom for another rip and tear if it were $20 just for the portability novelty. At $40? No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the list reminds me that I still haven't bought FFIX on Switch.  Will fix that today. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Lots of good deals on 3DS eShop, too! 

 

...not that anyone cares, of course.

Thank you. Waiting for someone to say something. Will check it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Bad games drop in price very fast. Good games also drop in price, not as fast but they should come down to a reasonable level after a year, especially if it's just a port of a 5 year old game. God of War came out last year (a month before Tropical Freeze) and is $19.99

Holy crap for real?!? ....why would anyone ever pay full price for any of Sony's games? A little bit of patience can save someone a bunch of cash, it seems. 

 

8 hours ago, mo1518 said:

What justifies Nintendo charging twice as much?

For DOOM, is it really Sony or Nintendo that sets the price for that game on their respective platforms? Or is it the publisher's call on that? I assumed it was up to the publisher, but I'm realizing I know less and less about modern video games lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GameDadGrant said:

Holy crap for real?!? ....why would anyone ever pay full price for any of Sony's games? A little bit of patience can save someone a bunch of cash, it seems. 

 

Because they make some awesome games and a lot of people don't want to wait months or a year to save a few bucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Because they make some awesome games and a lot of people don't want to wait months or a year to save a few bucks?

 

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Because they make some awesome games and a lot of people don't want to wait months or a year to save a few bucks?

Ha ha, fair enough! Yeah, gotta admit...sometimes there is just something "special" about playing the new hotness when it first comes out, and the hype level is through the roof. Especially so if it's a game your friends are also playing either at the same time, or with you. 

 

Still though! Think of the savings! The savings! :daydream:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GameDadGrant said:

Ha ha, fair enough! Yeah, gotta admit...sometimes there is just something "special" about playing the new hotness when it first comes out, and the hype level is through the roof. Especially so if it's a game your friends are also playing either at the same time, or with you. 

 

Still though! Think of the savings! The savings! :daydream:

It's all about priorities. There are many games I most certainly wait for a price drop on. But something that I really love, that I've been excited for years about, I'm not going to wait a year or more to play it so I can save a few bucks.

 

That'd be a miserable way to be a gamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Holy crap for real?!? ....why would anyone ever pay full price for any of Sony's games? A little bit of patience can save someone a bunch of cash, it seems. 

 

So, you never buy any game at/near release and wait for a price-drop/sale on all games? JFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

So, you never buy any game at/near release and wait for a price-drop/sale on all games? JFC.

I generally only buy 1 or 2 games at release per year, generally instead buying the base game + DLC for $10-$20 the following year. I also take quite a bit of time going through games as I tend to play most games in about 30 minute sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...