The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

9c309928-scott.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Lamar County Democratic Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation after calling South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott a racial slur in a Facebook post

This is the big head story on Fox News. The super prominent and well known Lamar County Party Chair called Tim Scott an Oreo and had to resign. I also like how they keep whining like the pathetic mewling dip[shits they are about how progressive did this and said that. WHAT PROGRESSIVES SAID THAT? WHICH ONES YOU INTELLECTUAL DISHONEST MOTHERFUCKERS? WHICH ONES? Oh, random people on twitter? Huh, why not say that?

And fuck Tim Scott... America isn't a racist country? Tim Scott is a fucking dipshit, who is selling his soul to the Republican Party in exchange for power. What a fucking stupid buffoon. I read a transcript of the speech the entire Republican Party is falling over themselves to praise and it's clear that they are just using it as a smokescreen to cover their twisted fucked up racist bullshit. Nothing is more pathetic and rage inducing than watching a bunch of fucked up asshole racists try and weaponize racial outrage back at the other side. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT. FUCK YOU.

• UpDoot 1

Oh good, fox news thinks racism is bad now. Looking forward to their anchors apologizing and resigning like this guy did.

They are pathetic and what they are doing is so blatantly obvious it makes my head spin.

Can you imagine being so fucking EVIL that you would willfully spread dishonest bullshit like this to make money?

Can you imagine being so fucking STUPID AND IGNORANT that you would fall for this shit?

Can you imagine being Tim Scott and going on National TV and saying something like "America is not a racist country". What a fucking dishonest shithead he is. I wonder how this man sleeps at night. I wonder if being this much of an asshole eats at his soul. It should. He should be fucking ashamed of himself. He's the worst kind of enabler. He's playing right into their hands in exchange for power, fame and money. He stands for nothing and believes nothing. His speech sucks and he should crawl into a cave and spend the rest of his life reflecting on what a fucking idiot he is.

I mean foxnews literally has a dude go on air to rally the klan every night with white supremacist propaganda, maybe they were trying to applaud the dem.

• Upvote 1

I just simply don’t care about what happens on Fox News anymore. Either the government oversteps and breaks it up, or it’s just something we have to live with. The only way to fight it is by voting.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

How about some actual slavery for a change of pace?

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=%5B975%2C484%5D&w=15
PEOPLE.COM

A Black man who was enslaved by his white boss from 2009 to 2014 has been awarded $546,000 in restitution for unpaid wages

Monster in human skin took advantage of a mentally disabled man and forced him to work for free while beating him whenever the guy didn't work fast enough. Now we know what the punishment for slavery is in the US today, 10 years in prison and $500k in back wages. That... doesn't seem like nearly enough.

Criminal courts can't impose punitive restitution, I believe. A civil court could though.

32 minutes ago, ort said:

Can you imagine being Tim Scott and going on National TV and saying something like "America is not a racist country". What a fucking dishonest shithead he is. I wonder how this man sleeps at night. I wonder if being this much of an asshole eats at his soul. It should. He should be fucking ashamed of himself. He's the worst kind of enabler. He's playing right into their hands in exchange for power, fame and money. He stands for nothing and believes nothing. His speech sucks and he should crawl into a cave and spend the rest of his life reflecting on what a fucking idiot he is.

Or maybe he actually believes it? I mean, do you know any Black people very well? I kinda do :p There are millions of Black conservatives who feel that same way.

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Or maybe he actually believes it? I mean, do you know any Black people very well? I kinda do :p There are millions of Black conservatives who feel that same way.

I know quite a few black conservatives myself, some in my family, and they all strike me as being willfully ignorant or completely full of shit. No way you can be black and travel in those circles and not see the ugliest examples of racism first hand regularly. They often think that THEY can rise above it and change it or that the racism that they see doesn't apply to them. You see a lot of this in the South and amongst Black Immigrants from the Carribean and Africa. Usually lasts until they get that first wake up call.

2 hours ago, ort said:
9c309928-scott.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Lamar County Democratic Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation after calling South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott a racial slur in a Facebook post

This is the big head story on Fox News. The super prominent and well known Lamar County Party Chair called Tim Scott an Oreo and had to resign. I also like how they keep whining like the pathetic mewling dip[shits they are about how progressive did this and said that. WHAT PROGRESSIVES SAID THAT? WHICH ONES YOU INTELLECTUAL DISHONEST MOTHERFUCKERS? WHICH ONES? Oh, random people on twitter? Huh, why not say that?

And fuck Tim Scott... America isn't a racist country? Tim Scott is a fucking dipshit, who is selling his soul to the Republican Party in exchange for power. What a fucking stupid buffoon. I read a transcript of the speech the entire Republican Party is falling over themselves to praise and it's clear that they are just using it as a smokescreen to cover their twisted fucked up racist bullshit. Nothing is more pathetic and rage inducing than watching a bunch of fucked up asshole racists try and weaponize racial outrage back at the other side. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT. FUCK YOU.

This is why they put Tim Scott out there in the first place.  And it's inaccurate anyway... I can think of a lot of things to our esteemed Senator from South Carolina. "Oreo" wouldn't be one of them.

Tim Scott once said he was pulled over 7 times in a year, hes saying what the party wants him to say, thats all this really is, party over literally everything else with the GOP all the time.

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You see a lot of this in the South and amongst Black Immigrants from the Caribbean and Africa

I was just coming to type something similar. The company i work for just a hired a young man from Africa. When we were discussing the current climate of politics he mention" blacks in America are lazy and only want handouts, if they stayed out of trouble they wouldnt have to deal with cops" It was something out of the The Twilight Zone.

d0dbdf73-a7b1-4d30-bfd9-c25dc7ebc091-GTY
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris agreed with Sen. Tim Scott that "America is not a racist country" but said it's key be honest about its racist history.

Kamala beating the drum for the GOP by agreeing that America is not a racist country

2 hours ago, ort said:

They are pathetic and what they are doing is so blatantly obvious it makes my head spin.

Can you imagine being so fucking EVIL that you would willfully spread dishonest bullshit like this to make money?

Can you imagine being so fucking STUPID AND IGNORANT that you would fall for this shit?

Can you imagine being Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and agreeing with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist! Those two should be ashamed of themselves!

210428235703-79-biden-address-0428-super
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday agreed with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist, but added that the country has a history of racism that cannot be overlooked.

yeah denying that we are a racist country is an america problem not a particular person problem

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I know quite a few black conservatives myself, some in my family, and they all strike me as being willfully ignorant or completely full of shit. No way you can be black and travel in those circles and not see the ugliest examples of racism first hand regularly. They often think that THEY can rise above it and change it or that the racism that they see doesn't apply to them. You see a lot of this in the South and amongst Black Immigrants from the Carribean and Africa. Usually lasts until they get that first wake up call.

29 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I was just coming to type something similar. The company i work for just a hired a young man from Africa. When we were discussing the current climate of politics he mention" blacks in America are lazy and only want handouts, if they stayed out of trouble they wouldnt have to deal with cops" It was something out of the The Twilight Zone.

A common trope among white conservatives (and black ones like Thomas Sowell) is to point specifically to black immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean as "success stories" and to say "See? America isn't a racist society because look at how great those black immigrants are doing!  Would they be doing so well if America was actually a racist society? Of course not!  The problem must OBVIOUSLY lie with African-American culture, not with America itself!"

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Can you imagine being Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and agreeing with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist! Those two should be ashamed of themselves?

They should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for spouting such nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

A common trope among white conservatives (and black ones like Thomas Sowell) is to point specifically to black immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean as "success stories" and to say "See? America isn't a racist society because look at how great those black immigrants are doing!  Would they be doing so well if America was actually a racist society? Of course not!  The problem must OBVIOUSLY lie with African-American culture, not with America itself!"

Of course, what the conservatives fail to mention is that more often than not, those African and Afro-Caribbean immigrants (especially from the English-speaking Caribbean) tend to NOT be from the lower rungs of the socioeconomic ladder.  As a result, they're already starting from a more advantageous position within American society than a not-insignificant chunk of the African-American population.  That alone makes a HELLUVA difference when it comes interactions with white America.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah denying that we are a racist country is an america problem not a particular person problem

A black politician plainly stating the truth that this country is racist has no national aspirations as stating that makes a lot of white people very uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

They've been fed that shit for decades. Their tune almost always changes once they've been here for awhile :p I've seen it happen so many times with African immigrant friends of mine... I've been lectured by newly arrived Africans on how American Blacks focus too much on race  only to have the friend who did the lecturing COMPLETELY do a 180 once his ass had been here long enough and experienced good ole fashioned American racism first hand.

Anyone who denies the fact that this country has racism built into its DNA is being intellectually dishonest or is a fucking idiot. I mean we're in a thread literally called "Systemic Racism". What system are we talking about?

47 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

They should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for spouting such nonsense.

Yes and they should be ashmed also that they took the bait an fell for the G.O.P.'s trap when they trotted Tim Scott in the first place.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes and they should be ashmed also that they took the bait an fell for the G.O.P.'s trap when they trotted Tim Scott in the first place.

And it was SUCH a VERY OBVIOUS trap at that.

A blind man could see that trap coming a mile away.

• Upvote 2

In general, democrats don't know how to deal with Black conservatives. Which is why I consider Tim scott more dangerous electorally than Trump. (But maaaaaaayyyyyyybe not as actually dangerous to the republic)

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

In general, democrats don't know how to deal with Black conservatives. Which is why I consider Tim scott more dangerous electorally than Trump. (But maaaaaaayyyyyyybe not as actually dangerous to the republic)

Oh he would get SHREEDED by Black women in the Democratic party. I'm not worried about him at ALL. White Dems may not know how to deal with him but most black folk have been dealing with... people like him our whole lives. I'm not worried about Tim at ALL. Besides, he wouldn't make it out of Republikkkan Primary... especially THIS Republikklan party.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh he would get SHREEDED by Black women in the Democratic party. I'm not worried about him at ALL. White Dems may not know how to deal with him but most black folk have been dealing with... people like him our whole lives. I'm not worried about Tim at ALL. Besides, he wouldn't make it out of Republikkkan Primary... especially THIS Republikklan party.

Was thinking Black men breaking off in greater numbers. The strength of obama's electoral coalition was boosted from his support from Black men in the upper midwest when compared to Hillary and Biden. A couple thousand more supporting Scott would be all that's needed to flip the election despite millions fewer votes overall.

There's a small chance he could make it out of the primary (without Trump) if only to bolster the "we're not racist we nominated a Black guy" wing but this might be a big stretch given how mask off they've been lately. He did outrun trump in 2016 in SC while on the same ballot based on exit polls among both white and Black voters fwiw

I do posit that if an actual African-American conservative party -- one that was absolutely free from the taint of the GOP's white supremacist baggage -- where ever to somehow be created that the Democratic Party would be in SERIOUS danger of complete and total irrelevance in large swathes of the South (well, moreso than they are now :p)

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do posit that if an actual African-American conservative party -- one that was absolutely free from the taint of the GOP's white supremacist baggage -- where ever to somehow be created that the Democratic Party would be in SERIOUS danger of complete and total irrelevance in large swathes of the South (well, moreso than they are now :p)

If conservatives got rid of the white supremacist elements that dominate their party they would make headway with A LOT of minority groups including blacks, hispanics and muslims, all groups they tend to be socially conservative because of their religious beliefs. However, Black people are not stupid. Tim Scott may peel off a few black votes but Black voters have been the most reliable constituiency the Dems have. There have been black conservatives in this country as long as there has been a country... most black folks ain't falling for that bullshit. Most that aren't named Tim Scott that is.

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If conservatives got rid of the white supremacist elements that dominate their party they would make headway with A LOT of minority groups including blacks, hispanics and muslims, all groups they tend to be socially conservative because of their religious beliefs. However, Black people are not stupid. Tim Scott may peel off a few black votes but Black voters have been the most reliable constituiency the Dems have. There have been black conservatives in this country as long as there has been a country... most black folks ain't falling for that bullshit. Most that aren't named Tim Scott that is.

I've probably said this already but my dad was a republican right around the George W Bush days but switched over and he said, "Republicans are crazy" if he said that back then he certainly would be in for a treat today to see what they look like now.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've probably said this already but my dad was a republican right around the George W Bush days but switched over and he said, "Republicans are crazy" if he said that back then he certainly would be in for a treat today to see what they look like now.

My dad was also Republican up until around 2006-2008. He's voted almost completely Democrat since Obama's first term, I'm assuming for the same reason.

17 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Can you imagine being Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and agreeing with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist! Those two should be ashamed of themselves!

210428235703-79-biden-address-0428-super
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday agreed with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist, but added that the country has a history of racism that cannot be overlooked.

They should be. Want me to tell you a secret? I don't actually like Joe Biden or Kamela Harris that much at all. Of the 30ish nominees for Democrat in the Primary, both were near the bottom for me.

I don't HATE them or anything, but I see them as representing everything I hate about moderate dems and the old school two party system that is responsible for all of the disfunction in washington. They are both way too middle-of-the-road to take a real stand on anything. Of course they were going to agree. If they said otherwise, they would have been throwing gasoline on the fire and playing right into the republicans trap.