The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

55 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I've been shitposting on the internet for 20 years but this fucking guy. 

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

20210414_225728.jpg

• Haha 3

Not enough people point out that this problem is also tied to our overall gun problem. Maybe if every single police officer wasn't constantly worried about the fact that there are 400 million guns in this country they wouldn't be so fucking on edge al the time.

Slightly off the topic of minorities getting killed, but totally on the topic of systemic racism. I just needed to rant over the bullshit of it all. My wife is a special needs teacher and fluent in both Spanish and English with a little bit of Portuguese mixed in.

She's been super stressed lately because a not insignificant number of her special needs students are getting services they don't need. Our city is 40% Southeast Asia or Latin American. She's the only minority working in her schools of well over 500 students. Other schools in this city have similar demographics among the faculty. The problem? Teachers aren't required to evaluate special needs students in any language other than English. Can't follow simple instructions in English? Guess that means the child is nonverbal autistic, because who cares if the kids can hold entire conversations in Spanish or Khmer. Now these kids that can probably just get by with some ADHD medication or whatever are being held back by being treated like they don't understand spoken language instead of just being stuck in ESL classes.

Got to love it when school districts don't bother trying to hire more minority teachers when 29% of the city doesn't even speak English as their first language.

So yeah, my wife is now taking Khmer lessons. Systemic racism. Yay!

• Guillotine 1
5 minutes ago, Brick said:

I have never heard of Khmer until now. 

Our city is like 15% Cambodian. There's also a rather significant percentage of our Vietnamese population that also speaks Khmer. If I'm not mistaken, there are a larger number of pure Khmer speakers here than pure Spanish speakers. That is, folks that don't know any English.

...and the number of Khmer-speaking teachers in the entire district can be counted on like one hand.

On a more serious note, there was a case in NY a couple of months back where this White Bar owner who repeatedly refused to close his bar to abide by the pandemic rules put in place, fled the scene when cops showed up to arrest him and RAN OVER a cop and broke his leg. Guess what happened to THAT guy? 

GONCENHJINCLDOU2FXXAGNO77A.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Daniel Presti, owner of notorious Mac’s Pub, hopped in his car and hit the gas, sending the deputy flying onto the hood after the official tried to arrest him outside his on Lincoln Ave. near Edison St. for serving customers inside his bar Saturday night, officials said.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

On a more serious note, there was a case in NY a couple of months back where this White Bar owner who repeatedly refused to close his bar to abide by the pandemic rules put in place, fled the scene when cops showed up to arrest him and RAN OVER a cop and broke his leg. Guess what happened to THAT guy? 

GONCENHJINCLDOU2FXXAGNO77A.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Daniel Presti, owner of notorious Mac’s Pub, hopped in his car and hit the gas, sending the deputy flying onto the hood after the official tried to arrest him outside his on Lincoln Ave. near Edison St. for serving customers inside his bar Saturday night, officials said.

released without bail, huh. Yeah, because

a guy that ran over a cop trying to flee is definitely not a risk of no-showing his court appearance. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

another win for their marketing team. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

What? 

It's just the closed captioning lagging from the commercial that was on prior. :p

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Felony murder for douchebag that kid was criming with.

I generally don’t like felony murder charges, but it fits really well here. 

I know the depths of Republican depravity shouldn't surprise me anymore, but it's wild to me that a white supremacist can be open about his beliefs and still host a top rated national cable show.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The unibomber was smart though. Tucker hasn't read a book since like his high school days

I'm sure he had an assistant read him the Wikipedia plot summary of The Turner Diaries at some point.

1 minute ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'm sure he had an assistant read him the Wikipedia plot summary of The Turner Diaries at some point.

The crazy thing about the turner diaries is that they're basically standard issue conservative dogma anymore

Seems like this is the crux of the problem right here. Cops aren't deviating from their training, it's just that the training they get is not actually based around the preservation of human life.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

Seems like this is the crux of the problem right here. Cops aren't deviating from their training, it's just that the training they get is not actually based around the preservation of human life.

Not to bring it here but I have it on good authority that cops are fine they just need more training