The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

49 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

For the record, as I've mentioned previously, I don't care if the person is themselves or pretending to be someone else as long as their views and feelings are genuine.

The person who cares if he's apoc is himself. Users pretending to be someone else seem to like to put a lot of effort into something no one else cares about.

I wasn’t referencing you :confused:

17 hours ago, Chris- said:

That was all pre-crash though, the search results now are only like four pages and 95% of the posts are just people accusing other people of being apoc lmao. 

I searched for “apoc”, there were multiple threads with people talking about him,  but this was the one I read through mostly. 

i had no knowledge of the 81 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, his poor kids. Completely traumatizing. I’m sure they will have great feelings towards police!

One of the things that continues to perplex me about conservatives is their belief that 1) the government is bad at everything, and 2) police and the courts usually get things right. And that is not limited to police and the justice system interactions with black and brown people, they overwhelmingly believe the police act appropriately even in wrongful convictions of white people. It’s wild.

53 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, his poor kids. Completely traumatizing. I’m sure they will have great feelings towards police!

One if the things that continues to perplex me about conservatives is their belief that 1) the government is bad at everything, and 2) police and the courts usually get things right. And that is not limited to police and the justice system interactions with black and brown people, they overwhelmingly believe the police act appropriately even in wrongful convictions of white people. It’s wild.

That belief seems to self correct as soon as Trump or his cronies end up in the sights of the justice system. Then it's all about activist prosecutors, biased judges, why lying to the FBI shouldn't be a crime, and why we shouldn't jail white collar criminals.

Overall though, I'd say your observation is an astute one. I suppose the fact that "Trump is the outlier" is hardly worth pointing out at this point.

I was listening to a report on the radio just now. It appears based on 911 call recordings that somebody in the house was complaining about Blake being in the house and that he had taken her keys. It also is alleged that Blake and the officers were in a physical altercation prior to the video starting in which one of the officers did deploy their taser, apparently unsuccessfully.

That makes significantly more sense as to why 1) Blake was so obviously upset, and 2) why the police officers were concerned about what he was doing as he entered his vehicle.

Still, only in America does...whatever it was that happened escalate to a dude getting shot in the back 7 times.

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Is there nothing in this country Black people are seen equitably in? Seriously, is NOTHING free from unequal treatment?

Nothing