The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

On 8/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, Jason said:

Fake news.

Trump never once stated that all he has done for Black Americans are “good” things or things that have “helped them”, just that nobody has done more. You liberals crack me up with your assumptions on basic communication skills: just because any other person would have meant that for positive things, doesn’t mean you can always take it that way. Trump was only being honest there, and I for one, even as the most anti-Trump poster on this board, found it refreshing. You liberals could learn a thing or two about honesty from that man!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, heyyoubluray said:

Fake news.

Trump never once stated that all he has done for Black Americans are “good” things or things that have “helped them”, just that nobody has done more. You liberals crack me up with your assumptions on basic communication skills: just because any other person would have meant that for positive things, doesn’t mean you can always take it that way. Trump was only being honest there, and I for one, even as the most anti-Trump poster on this board, found it refreshing. You liberals could learn a thing or two about honesty from that man!

I tried to go looking for the animated gif version of the icon for you and it's apparently now weirdly impossible to Google search for it, you find lots of results that say .gif but don't actually animate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/entertainment/2020/08/kindergarten-cop-screening-canceled-in-oregon-accused-of-glorifying-police-traumatizing-children.html%3foutputType=amp

Portland author Lois Leveen criticized the movie on Twitter.

“What’s so funny about School-to-Prison pipeline? Kindergarten Cop-Out: Tell @nwfilmcenter there’s nothing fun in cops traumatizing kids. National reckoning on overpolicing is a weird time to revive ‘Kindergarten Cop.’ IRL, we are trying to end the school-to-prison pipeline,” she tweeted. “There’s nothing entertaining about the presence of police in schools, which feeds the ‘school-to-prison’ pipeline in which African American, Latinx and other kids of color are criminalized rather than educated. Five- and 6-year-olds are handcuffed and hauled off to jail routinely in this country. And this criminalizing of children increases dramatically when cops are assigned to work in schools.”

2 hours ago, Joe said:

OAN is so much worse than Fox News. I would have told you a couple years ago that that is impossible, but oh boy is it ever possible!

They had to slide even more right-wing and never EVER criticize Donald to try and get his favor, to elevate them. They’re the “always-Trump” channel. Fox is the nearly-always-Trump channel. Which for some may not be enough Trump. Thank God for OAN. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

With what search terms? I restricted it to gifs and tried a few different takes on "ski free monster" and got nothing animated.

Searched for "Ski Free Yeti" went to image search went to tools at the top and changed type to gif.

It came up in the related images related to the original gif you posted.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Joe said:

heyyouhd-dvd would have been a way funnier name. For shame, person who created that alt.

this is legitimately the best name for that account without contest and I don’t know why other people are trying to one-up it. 

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n-----s in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle, who was elected to his position on the Leelanau County Road Commission in 2018, told his colleague at the start of the public meeting.

The commission chairman, Bob Joyce, immediately rebuked his colleague, but Eckerle continued his diatribe.

“I can say anything I want,” Eckerle said at the meeting, which the public could listen to via a dial-in number, the Leelanau Enterprise first reported. “Black Lives Matter has everything to do with taking the country away from us.”

“I don’t regret calling it an n----r,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

About 93 percent of Leelanau County’s 21,761 residents are white, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Fewer than 1 percent of the people who live there are black.