The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

She should be charged more harshly than if this was a civilian only shooting. Heck when a professional boxer punches somebody he is charged harshly. I cannot fathom how a trained and armed member of law enforcement is not held to a higher standard. 

How do you charge more harshly than manslaughter *if* the story as presented is correct? It’s the definition of manslaughter.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Maybe she was drunk, maybe she knew the guy.

Some of the neighbors in units close to the shooting said she appeared intoxicated to them.

Apparently Dallas PD’s warrant was rescinded by the Texas Rangers who have now taken over the investigation. Ugh.

There is also some evidence that the shooter and the victim may have known each other beyond being neighbors.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Apparently Dallas PD’s warrant was rescinded by the Texas Rangers who have now taken over the investigation. Ugh.

There is also some evidence that the shooter and the victim may have known each other beyond being neighbors.

And there you have it. I found it a little hard to believe that she would think it was her apartment when she couldn't even get in. I'm going to preemptively wager that she knew him and they had a falling out. She got drunk, went over, and he ended up dying.

How many identified shooting suspects get to remain free while authorities "investigate" the killing? 

Only a fucking cop gets to murder somebody and treated by authorities like they were just an innocent bystander.  

I am constantly amazed that civilians are ALWAYS held to a higher standard of behavior than the police. 

On 9/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, CitizenVectron said:

And there you have it. I found it a little hard to believe that she would think it was her apartment when she couldn't even get in. I'm going to preemptively wager that she knew him and they had a falling out. She got drunk, went over, and he ended up dying.

Rumor is they were in some kind of romantic relationship.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Rumor is they were in some kind of romantic relationship.

This has been refuted by the family via their attorney, Lee Merritt. But there are apparently legitimate reasons to believe they knew each other to some degree. Will be interesting to see the facts as they are released. Obviously just because the family says they weren’t involved doesn’t actually rule it out.

I talked with one of the guys on my kickball team that knew him from school (same major, same graduating class, same dorm for the first two years, still FB friends) and he said none of their friends that still hung out in person think they had a romantic relationship, but couldn’t be sure.

It is really odd having so many friends in common with this man, but he was a member of the same denomination (Church of Christ) that I grew up in, and went to one of the most prominent Church of Christ affiliated universities. A lot of family and family friends attended school at Harding as well.

Maybe I am cut from a different cloth, but I find it perplexing that cops do not take it personally when one of their own is un flagrant disregard of the law or their civic duty. 

When I worked in retail it angered me when I would see or find out about a coworker stealing from the store. Or working in a call center find out that another agent was just releasing calls to avoid actually taking calls. 

If I were a cop I would be furious if another cop was hiding behind their badge to commit egregious  crimes or uneccesary violence on a civilian. When a cop does something like this it makes them all look bad, and when they try to get shielded by their badge it further taints them all.

There is no such thing as "defending yourself from a cop". You cannot shoot a cop amd claim self defense, even if the cop has no reason to assault you. And yet cops are not held to a standard befitting this level of protection from the population. Nope. They can abuse this with high percentage of impunity. 

I am beginning to think the movie Training Day is used for police academy orientation as their gold standard for acceptable behavior. 

19 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I am beginning to think the movie Training Day is used for police academy orientation as their gold standard for acceptable behavior. 

What's funny is the entire point of Training Day was as an indictment of Denzel Washington's character and the way he and his people "do cop business". Like white males with Fight Club, if a cop idolizes Denzel's character after watching the film rather than be fascinated by but demonize his character, they have failed at watching the movie. 

53 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Maybe I am cut from a different cloth, but I find it perplexing that cops do not take it personally when one of their own is un flagrant disregard of the law or their civic duty. 

When I worked in retail it angered me when I would see or find out about a coworker stealing from the store. Or working in a call center find out that another agent was just releasing calls to avoid actually taking calls. 

If I were a cop I would be furious if another cop was hiding behind their badge to commit egregious  crimes or uneccesary violence on a civilian. When a cop does something like this it makes them all look bad, and when they try to get shielded by their badge it further taints them all.

There is no such thing as "defending yourself from a cop". You cannot shoot a cop amd claim self defense, even if the cop has no reason to assault you. And yet cops are not held to a standard befitting this level of protection from the population. Nope. They can abuse this with high percentage of impunity. 

This is largely because:

(a) American society elevates police work to near-mythical status (nearly on par with that of "the troops") and deems them worthy of heroism, especially since a whole bunch of them had a couple of buildings fall down on them about 17 years ago.

(b) Police departments largely cultivate an atmosphere of "us against them" or that it's a "brotherhood" that should stick together no matter what because...reasons.  Just look at how badly Internal Affairs investigators are perceived in police departments or how cops who act as whistle-blowers (like Serpico) are regarded.  Better a "dirty cop" than a "rat" (sounds familiar?).

46 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Retail? Fucking adorable. So cute that you think your day job lets you relate to people who literally could die at any moment to protect you. Like you could understand the bonds of brotherhood forged in the fire of these fucking streets. 

Or you know. Whatever mentality lets someone think it’s okay to post bail for someone who, at best, committed manslaughter. 

And what Wade said. 

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Retail? Fucking adorable. So cute that you think your day job lets you relate to people who literally could die at any moment to protect you. Like you could understand the bonds of brotherhood forged in the fire of these fucking streets. 

Or you know. Whatever mentality lets someone think it’s okay to post bail for someone who, at best, committed manslaughter. 

And what Wade said. 

So because they could die that means they do not need abide any laws, and when they break them they deserve to be sheltered from criminal prosecution or punishment of any kind? They have no responsibility to live up to any sort of ethical code in regards to interacting with civilians? 

A black man, regardless of ocupation is statistically more likely to be killed by a cop than a cop is being killed at all by a civilian, yet I do not see blacks getting free passes to shoot cops as a precautionary tactic.

Oh, and courts have ruled that police are not required to put themselves in harms way to protect anyone. They are legally able to wait for the danger to pass before taking action. So fuck that "die to protect me" bullshit. A person working at a convenience store is more likely to get killed on the job, and they can't preemptively shoot unarmed people either. 

29 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So because they could die that means they do not need abide any laws, and when they break them they deserve to be sheltered from criminal prosecution or punishment of any kind? They have no responsibility to live up to any sort of ethical code in regards to interacting with civilians? 

A black man, regardless of ocupation is statistically more likely to be killed by a cop than a cop is being killed at all by a civilian, yet I do not see blacks getting free passes to shoot cops as a precautionary tactic.

Oh, and courts have ruled that police are not required to put themselves in harms way to protect anyone. They are legally able to wait for the danger to pass before taking action. So fuck that "die to protect me" bullshit. A person working at a convenience store is more likely to get killed on the job, and they can't preemptively shoot unarmed people either. 

Just letting you know that @Kal-El814 was being facetious :p

So I'm reading that her justification for shooting the man was because he didn't obey her commands. How fucking infuriating. She breaks into his apartment and she justifies it by saying she had to because he didn't obey her? 

At minimum, this is a textbook case of manslaughter. Even if there was no malice involved, a man died by her hand because she fucked up. I'm no legal scholar, but she might as well plead guilt and spare the poor man's family the pain of a trial.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So I'm reading that her justification for shooting the man was because he didn't obey her commands. How fucking infuriating. She breaks into his apartment and she justifies it by saying she had to because he didn't obey her? 

At minimum, this is a textbook case of manslaughter. Even if there was no malice involved, a man died by her hand because she fucked up. I'm no legal scholar, but she might as well plead guilt and spare the poor man's family the pain of a trial.

This is in stark contrast to her initial claim that she tried to put the key in the lock and it wasn’t working, inducing her to set her various items down on the ground, only for Botham to open the door which startled her and lead to her opening fire.

And at least two witnesses now have reported hearing knocking and a woman saying to “let me in” multiple times.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is in stark contrast to her initial claim that she tried to put the key in the lock and it wasn’t working, inducing her to set her various items down on the ground, only for Botham to open the door which startled her and lead to her opening fire.

And at least two witnesses now have reported hearing knocking and a woman saying to “let me in” multiple times.

Yeah, this whole thing stinks. I've heard so many conflicting reports. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm sure she and the NRA would have been supportive of a black man who shot a cop. 

Especially a white, female cop. 

I agree. Crazy but not unusual for the NRA to say and are saying now that if the victim had a gun he could have saved his life by shooting first at the cop. No way if that happened that the NRA would claim this as a victory for gun rights.

Also the Caucasian shirt is funny and I would wear it. I think if someone where to get offended by the shirt they are only exposing there tolerance to the racially offensive redskins logo and name. I think that shirt only exposes the negatives of the current redskins name and logo.