The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I get the impression some of you guys would have been cheering on Reginald Denny’s attackers in 1992. 

Riots are breaking out anywhere police are escalating. There are peaceful protests anywhere the police aren't. There have also been WAY too many examples today if out of control police attacking the press.

None of that has anything to do with racial attacks against civilians.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Riots are breaking out anywhere police are escalating. There are peaceful protests anywhere the police aren't. There have also been WAY too many examples today if out of control police attacking the press.

None of that has anything to do with racial attacks against civilians.

I'm not just talking about today. Just the attitude in general.

I've already said the system is corrupt, but I'm not against every police officer, like some here.

I just watched a video of some store owner get the shit beat out of him by rioters.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, not really. Some of you seem to be frothing at the mouth for violence.

A few buildings (at best) going up in flames isn't violence. The only violence bring inflicted here is by the police, the rest of us are exasperated and outraged at that.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

A few buildings (at best) going up in flames isn't violence. The only violence bring inflicted here is by the police, the rest of us are exasperated and outraged at that.

You missed the guy in Dallas who was severely beaten after chasing a kid while holding a sword.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's not violence?  Tell that to the owner of the shoe store that was just burned down by rioters.

I mean, my statement did contain a bit of hyperbole, but the general attitude here is a bit discomforting.

At the end of the day, I'm more concerned with out of control police thinking it's fine and dandy to murder a man in broad daylight, with witnesses filming and pleading him to get off, rather than a Target or Apple Store being looted.

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm just glad I'm not working tonight and I live far away from downtown. I'm seeing photos of police breaking out the tear gas here.

I'm glad I don't work nights and in the city anymore.

As I said before, I'm in a relatively rural area across a big river from the city, so it's not likely any actual rioting will happen where I live.

But if by chance it does...this will be my reaction:

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm glad I don't work nights and in the city anymore.

As I said before, I'm in a relatively rural area across a big river from the city, so it's not likely any actual rioting will happen where I live.

But if by chance it does...this will be my reaction:

spacer.png

I live in downtown Reno right where everything is going down and I'm not sure if I will safely be able to get to work tomorrow night.

• Sad 1