The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

Just for the hell of it I decided to compare the length of education/training time to become an ordinary "beat cop" between the city of Alexandria, VA and the national police service of Norway (Norwegian municiplaities -- like most countries in the world -- do not have a "local" police force)

City of Alexandria - 20 weeks

Norway - 3 years

Maybe that's not a fair comparison to Alexandria and I should have used a "developing nation" instead.

Edit:  the required training time for the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service is 24 weeks plus some pretty steep secondary school educational certifications. 

So, the comparison of Alexandria to a "developing country" is valid, but the "developing country" still wins!

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Just for the hell of it I decided to compare the length of education/training time to become an ordinary "beat cop" between the city of Alexandria, VA and the national police service of Norway (Norwegian municiplaities -- like most countries in the world -- do not have a "local" police force)

City of Alexandria - 20 weeks

Norway - 3 years

Maybe that's not a fair comparison to Alexandria and I should have used a "developing nation" instead.

You should try becoming a security guard all you need to do is watch a video and take a test!

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

All we require is an inferiority complex over not being able to qualify for the military. 

"Yeah I was in the military, but I don't like talking about it.  I saw some shit man"

(Kicked out while in boot camp and became a cop instead)

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

"Yeah I was in the military, but I don't like talking about it.  I saw some shit man"

(Kicked out while in boot camp and became a cop instead)

My buddy just told me last night about co-worker of his who was using his military experience to justify his dislike and hatred of muslims... he pointed out that "over there, you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys" and when some one runs up to you with their hands up, it's better to be safer than sorry and put that guy down, implying that he's killed some potentially innocent people. When he's was asked directly if he committed murder, he backtracked. Here's the kicker though... my buddy found out later on that not only did this guy never kill anyone, not only was he never stationed in the Middle East ( he was stationed in Germany where he met his now wife) , This dude hasn't been active military since the Clinton administration by his own admission (he told them this on a different occasion) and wasn't even active during wartime :| This clown NEVER saw any combat.

What I find even more crazy is all this shit is happening on top of the uttre chaos that is the government's handling of COVID. It's a tire fire on top of a massive dump fire while trump tries to lob more napalm on top of it. 

:facepalm: This really is becoming a failed nation. 

5 minutes ago, chakoo said:

What I find even more crazy is all this shit is happening on top of the uttre chaos that is the government's handling of COVID. It's a tire fire on top of a massive dump fire while trump tries to lob more napalm on top of it. 

• Guillotine 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wlky.com/amp/article/hundreds-of-protesters-gather-in-downtown-louisville-calling-for-justice-in-breonna-taylor-case/32705046

Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in downtown Louisville Thursday night outside Metro Hall, calling for justice in the Breonna Taylor case.

It started out peaceful around 6 p.m., but when night fell, tear gas and gun shots filled the air.

After more than six hours of protests, police confirm at least seven people were shot, with one of them in critical condition.

Police also confirm that some arrests have been made, but they are not able to release exactly how many.

The protest erupted just hours after Mayor Greg Fischer held a town hall discussion about the case and community relations with police.

People downtown could be heard chanting, "No justice, no peace."

LMPD officers could be seen fighting off protesters. Police did release smoke bombs and tear gas that were fired into the crowd.

Mayor Greg Fischer tweeted a video with a message from Breonna Taylor’s family urging protestors to be peaceful, go home and keep fighting for truth.

Taylor, 26, was shot and killed by Louisville Metro Police officers back in March when they executed a search warrant at her apartment.

Earlier Thursday afternoon, a 911 call was made by Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, the night she died was released.

47 minutes ago, chakoo said:

This is happening because it's on top of the horrible handling of the coronavirus. You already had an unhappy populace that doesn't believe the state cares about their well being and then you get to watch an agent of the state slowly murder a man on camera for absolutely no reason while other agents of the state watch and make sure the crowds filming don't intervene.

It's already the end of May, Congress can't even decide if the people need a second round of stimulus when more and more are losing their jobs everyday. It was only a matter of time until the riots started forming. Watching an execution by knee just hurried the response along.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is happening because it's on top of the horrible handling of the coronavirus. You already had an unhappy populace that doesn't believe the state cares about their well being and then you get to watch an agent of the state slowly murder a man on camera for absolutely no reason while other agents of the state watch and make sure the crowds filming don't intervene.

It's already the end of May, Congress can't even decide if the people need a second round of stimulus when more and more are losing their jobs everyday. It was only a matter of time until the riots started forming. Watching an execution by knee just hurried the response along.

Unhappy and on the brink of insolvency and homelessness

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Unhappy and on the brink of insolvency and homelessness

But don't worry. They can't be evicted while the pandemic is still ongoing. Worry not, though, once this is all over everyone will just be up their eyeballs in back rent and utilities. That's when they'll be evicted and unable to reconnect utilities at their next home because they still owe thousands from they're previous address.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

But don't worry. They can't be evicted while the pandemic is still ongoing. Worry not, though, once this is all over everyone will just be up their eyeballs in back rent and utilities. That's when they'll be evicted and unable to reconnect utilities at their next home because they still owe thousands from they're previous address.

And they'll have an eviction on their record! They'll need to provide, up front, 4 months of rent, first and last months rent, and a month of rent for security deposit just to protect the landlord's investment.