The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

Here's the thing... even if he was running down the street with a goddamn TV under his arm, these yokels had no right to try and play Frank Castle and gun him down. But he didn't steal anything, had no weapons on him and was followed and harrassed by these guys who initiated the contact which resulted in this young brother being dead. This is the same game that was played with Treyvon Martin and Tamir Rice... unarmed black men are killed and then convicted AFTER THE FACT for doing shit that wouldn't result in an arrest much less a death sentence.

Also the owners of the property said they have NO CONNECTION to the shooters btw.

45 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So it appears as though Arbery was indeed seen walking around inside a vacant construction site in the moments leading up to the 911 call, not just out for a jog and randomly assailed as the original narrative suggested. But the home owner for the construction site has said the video does not show Arbery stealing or attempting to steal anything, so it would likely be no worse than a misdemeanor trespassing charge if any crime had been reported.

But how many people go into homes under construction just to look around? No justification to stop him and even less to do so while armed. And the odds that anybody would have even noticed if a white guy had been doing exactly the same thing is zero.

Grand theft floor plan.

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Grand theft floor plan.

This is the shit I'm talking about... I remember the vilification of Treyvon Martin from people I knew at the time... "He wasn't a good kid... he SMOKED WEED! He must have been guilty and deserved to be shot!"

18 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The penalty for trespassing is not a lynching. 

It is in 'Murica... look up "Sundown towns".

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

So it appears as though Arbery was indeed seen walking around inside a vacant construction site in the moments leading up to the 911 call, not just out for a jog and randomly assailed as the original narrative suggested. But the home owner for the construction site has said the video does not show Arbery stealing or attempting to steal anything, so it would likely be no worse than a misdemeanor trespassing charge if any crime had been reported.

But how many people go into homes under construction just to look around? No justification to stop him and even less to do so while armed. And the odds that anybody would have even noticed if a white guy had been doing exactly the same thing is zero.

I did this once when I was almost a teenager when they were building new homes behind my neighborhood. Somebody called the cops and a car rolled up and the officer yelled at me and made me put my hands on the car and everything and they frisked me. 

I was 12.

I think my point there was misunderstood. I’m saying exactly what you guys are talking about. People go look at construction sites all the time, that’s not something suspicious...unless you’re the wrong color.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think my point there was misunderstood. I’m saying exactly what you guys are talking about. People go look at construction sites all the time, that’s not something suspicious...unless you’re the wrong color.

If any of this was directed at me I was just saying that I also experienced a ridiculous overreaction to something lots of people do. 

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I got what you were saying.

Add me to the list—I once walked through a house under construction in my neighborhood with my little brother when I was 11 when no one was around.  We just thought it was cool to see the ‘bones’ of a building.  We weren’t thinking about the whole ‘trespassing’ thing...would’ve sucked to, y’know, *die* for it.

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

But how many people go into homes under construction just to look around?

In the building I live in they don't lock the doors on apartments while they're gutting/refinishing them. I definitely let myself into the apartment next door while it was gutted to check out the floorplan and again once it was actually refinished to scope out of I wanted to ask about moving into it.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

In the building I live in they don't lock the doors on apartments while they're gutting/refinishing them. I definitely let myself into the apartment next door while it was gutted to check out the floorplan and again once it was actually refinished to scope out of I wanted to ask about moving into it.

Exactly, this is a super normal activity and not suspicious in the slightest...unless you are the wrong color.

16 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I want to see more black and minority armed responses like this.  Not only do I support them, but it's a good litmus test to see if other "second amendment people" are hypocrites or not. 

So you want to see more minorities die in the streets?

• Guillotine 1

14 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

So you want to see more minorities die in the streets?

Minorities are dying in the street because of our country's asymmetrical application of the law.  Ending the war on drugs, prostitution, other gray/black market activities, etc,  will have more impact on people of color than taking away legally owned guns. 

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Minorities are dying in the street because of our country's asymmetrical application of the law.  Ending the war on drugs, prostitution, other gray/black market activities, etc,  will have more impact on people of color than taking away legally owned guns. 

My comment wasn’t serious.

Agreed though.

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

You answered your own question... minorities get shot when they DON'T have guns by law enforcement. You start putting MORE guns in black communities than there already are and you give law enforcement even more justification to shoot first and ask questions later. The problem won't get better until America truly faces up to the racism that is baked into its DNA :shrug:

4 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Whynotboth.gif

3 hours ago, Jose said:

Whynotboth.gif

Because we are a lot more like Latin America than Canada and Europe.  Banning guns wont reduce violence, it will just make create a lucrative and violent black market for them.  

Even then, I would argue that Canada's and Europe's ever restrictive gun control laws haven't actually reduced gun violence at an appreciable rate.  Especially when you consider that the US saw drops in gun violence in the same time frame, even though we expanded gun rights while other countries restricted them.

4 hours ago, Chadatog said:

What's crazy about this story is that even if the police did announce themselves, the guy with the gun that shot at them made it out fine while the unarmed woman was shot eight times and killed.

So it seems that there was a reason Ahmaud Arbery and the other unnamed black person may have been on the property and this comes from the homeowner. Apparently there's a water source on the property and that both may have been stopping for a drink of water. There's a lot of info flying around this case that is coming to light.

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So it seems that there was a reason Ahmaud Arbery and the other unnamed black person may have been on the property and this comes from the homeowner. Apparently there's a water source on the property and that both may have been stopping for a drink of water. There's a lot of info flying around this case that is coming to light.

At this point it feels like there has been a bigger better investigation in to what the victim was doing then the what the killers were.