The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

• Jason changed the title to Neighbors call police on 12-year-old mowing lawn

It's a shame that this story hasn't gotten more traction, because it would be fun to hear Fox News try to convince their viewers that it's a real threat that this kid might hold someone up with a lawnmower.

Can't you just see Tucker Carlson explaing the logistics of raising the mower onto its back wheels and pointing it menacingly at soneone.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

It's a shame that this story hasn't gotten more traction, because it would be fun to hear Fox News try to convince their viewers that it's a real threat that this kid might hold someone up with a lawnmower.

Can't you just see Tucker Carlson explaing the logistics of raising the mower onto its back wheels and pointing it menacingly at soneone.

tucker.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-say-woman-screamed-racial-slurs-and-smacked-a-black-teen-at-a-pool-she-lost-her-job/ar-AAzuKCt?ocid=AMZN

DJ RocQuemore Simmons and his friend hadn’t even managed to dip their toes in the pool before a screaming Stephanie Sebby-Strempel was out of the water and in their faces, shoving DJ in the chest, telling the boys they “didn’t belong” and ordering them to leave.

“Get out! Get out! Get out! Now!” she yelled before threatening to involve the authorities. “There’s three numbers I can call: 9-1-1.”

There was no time for them to tell her or anyone else that they were guests of a neighborhood resident, no time to phone parents. But the 15-year-old did manage to pull out a cellphone camera, recording the belligerent woman and the poolside encounter that turned him into the latest victim of #LivingWhileBlack.

But the lens in Sebby-Strempel’s face seemed to anger her more. She struck the 15-year-old in the chest, then at least twice in the face as he walked toward the exit, police say. She called them “little punks” and used racial slurs.

The boys left without retaliating — even saying “Yes, Ma’am” to Sebby-Strempel, who could not immediately be reached for comment Monday. But DJ’s parents were incensed when they saw the video. Family members posted it on Facebook, where it became instantly viral. Then they called the Dorchester County, South Carolina, sheriff’s office.

Investigators think the video and the witness statements were enough to charge the woman with third-degree assault. The police report deems it an “unprovoked assault” and says that Sebby-Strempel “is clearly the aggressor in the assault even going as far as to continue to assault the victim as he was walking away from her.”

Investigators say the woman was also the aggressor when they attempted to put her in handcuffs. She became “physically aggressive” when officers showed up at her home to arrest her. She pushed one into a wall, injuring his knees, the report says. Then she bit the other detective’s arm, breaking the skin.

She was ultimately arrested and released on $65,000 bail, the beginning of a court process that could stretch on for weeks or months.

13 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I honestly just don't know what to say anymore. It's absolutely mind blowing to me that there are so many people this fucked up. When people are this far gone, how the fuck do you fix the situation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, legend said:

I honestly just don't know what to say anymore. It's absolutely mind blowing to me that there are so many people this fucked up. When people are this far gone, how the fuck do you fix the situation?

It's truly mind-boggling and disheartening, isn't it? It seems to me that so much of this hate is based on ignorance and fear, which to me suggests that the solution lies in education. Unfortunately, the process of education and changing mindsets takes such a tremendous amount of time and effort, and when such a low priority is placed on education in the United States, I fear it may get worse before it gets better. :/ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, legend said:

THE question every sane American has been asking themselves since other Americans have been taking Trump seriously (so, since 2015?). I never knew a portion of America was this dumb. It's been quite the wake up call for me these past 2+ years. I should have known after we elected Bush again in 2004 that, yep, Americans are this dumb.

• Like 1