The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

If he had just done this to himself, sure, I'd maintain some form of sympathy for him, because it's obvious he has some kind of mental issue.

But because he brought racism and politics into it, that's now going to lead Trump and his MAGAtards to dismiss any past and future events like this as fake news and go full Ace Attorney on the accuser.  And that is why I dont have sympathy for him: he didn't just destroy his reputation and career, he also damaged the credibility of anybody that's a victim of racism and hate.

It's like how women who make false rape accusations hurt actual victims of rape by making them hesitant to step forward, leading to talking heads on the news to ask "Why don't these women come forward right away?"

https://www.theroot.com/ny-school-holds-mock-slave-auction-selling-black-studen-1833205430

"According to WPIX, Rebecca Antinozzi, a white fifth-grade social studies teacher at Chapel School in Bronxville, N.Y., reportedly organized a mock slave auction where the teacher took the black students into the hall, put “imaginary chains” on their necks and wrists and shackled their ankles before parading them in front of their white classmates who posed as wealthy slave owners playing the original version of The Price Is Right’s showcase showdown."

Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

• Guillotine 1

37 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

https://www.theroot.com/ny-school-holds-mock-slave-auction-selling-black-studen-1833205430

"According to WPIX, Rebecca Antinozzi, a white fifth-grade social studies teacher at Chapel School in Bronxville, N.Y., reportedly organized a mock slave auction where the teacher took the black students into the hall, put “imaginary chains” on their necks and wrists and shackled their ankles before parading them in front of their white classmates who posed as wealthy slave owners playing the original version of The Price Is Right’s showcase showdown."

Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

amused jaw drop GIF

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

do many people outside of the people laughing at him getting dragged on the internet time after time really know who he is?

Of course not.

19 hours ago, SimpleG said:

What the fuck?

:dumpster_fire:

On 3/11/2019 at 9:47 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I deal with too much. My compassion reserves are pretty limited these days.

We have this asshole who comes in about once a month because they swallow razor blades. They have borderline personality disorder, but they know what they're doing. They game the system. Instead of just confining this idiot to a mental institution, they get out back out on the street every time to do the same thing over. And each time they come in, we have to sacrifice a patient care tech to sit with them 24/7, when we're desperate for help on the floor. 

It's a damn game to this person and they know it. It keeps them out of jail for other petty crimes, because the police don't want to deal with them. 

Do this every day and it'll wear on you. 

I also work in a hospital, in a state mental health institution. I deal with a patient who does exactly the same thing. Usually upon creating some other kind of legal problem for himself.  They are brought in regularly for evaluation by police. It's the same song and dance every time. 

I still cant figure out how someone swallows damn razor blades. But generally, they are just gaming the system. 

Im an armed guard in a forensics unit, so I don't deal with the constant bullshit nurses and doctors do, but the fuel tank for my care is running on fumes. 

Then I see the people who need real care not getting what they need because resources are wasted on these idiots. 

On 3/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in that suffering.

Nietzsche was an idiot. While it might have been true in the 19th century, it certainly isnt today. I don't know many people middle class and up who have done much suffering. 

Now, if you said poverty is to suffer.... 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:06 PM, SimpleG said:

Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

Jesus christ, i'm about goddamn ready to move back home to the farm and give up on humanity altogether. 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, SimpleG said:

Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

When experiential learning goes too far 

some other teacher a while back did the same shit without the game show and they got heat for it too. People don’t have common sense. 

ACLU: Black man detained while moving into his own home

The ACLU said Thursday that Karle Robinson was held at gunpoint and handcuffed as he moved into a home he had purchased in Tonganoxie, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) west of Kansas City.

Robinson says police harassed him and that Tonganoxie’s police chief stopped him from filing a racial bias complaint.

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd like to know more facts about this story before making any kinds of conclusions about why the charges were dropped, etc.

Anyone making any conclusions or definitive statements on Jussie Smollett and this whole circus now is asking to be wrong about something they'll regret saying later.

Agreed, but incoming hearings.