The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

12 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Wait... What happened? I get the idiot with the gun but what happened before?

I believe there was some sort of demonstration and the couple got pissed that the demonstrators were blocking traffic.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also that Aziz Ansari should have been charged with sexual assault.

I think only @SFLUFANsaid such, and it might have only been that he thought it was enough to warrant a criminal investigation if the woman made a complaint.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Video of him walking into the lobby with the rope around his neck... yes. He called the cops and hospital from his place.

The reports are his friend called the cops around 40 minutes after the attack, and that he went to the hospital for a cut on his face. Apparently he didn’t make his hospital records available to police, so currently no independent corroboration of his claims about the severity of injuries.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The *police* are telling reporters the story doesn’t add up. Not just your hunch that womens be lying :p

You didn't wait for that, though. You went directly to your hunch that the guy wasn't being completely honest. 

On 1/29/2019 at 6:34 PM, sblfilms said:

I just don’t believe the sort of people who would shout “This is MAGA country” would also be able to identify a supporting actor from a Fox TV series out on the street. Feels like some extra seasoning was added.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

You didn't wait for that, though. You went directly to your hunch that the guy wasn't being completely honest. 

The first place I heard about it was on twitter when a local Fox station reporter said that police were having difficulty corroborating his story because he wasn’t cooperating. These journos have only received more claims from police that aspects of the story don’t add up. D1P isn’t the only news source ;) 

19 minutes ago, outsida said:

I was wondering why my mention notifications increased and decreased suddenly and without an alert popping up. Bro, I’ve had you blocked for a year. I have no desire to engage in conversation with you or read what you have to say. 

Cops reported that someone sent white powder to the set of Empire BEFORE Smollett was allegedly attacked and they were investigating.  Turns out it was aspirin,  but it indicates a level of harassment that the public wasn't aware of.

Maybe THIS is enough for some folks to give the dude the benefit of the doubt

and ask themselves why they were so skeptical of this story from the beginning,  myself included.

Does this count for this thread?

https://www.eonline.com/news/1011112/21-savage-arrested-by-ice-and-could-be-deported

21 Savage arrested and could face deportation

ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) said they "arrested unlawfully present United Kingdom national Sha Yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph AKA '21 Savage' during a targeted operation with federal and local law enforcement partners early Sunday in metro Atlanta. Mr. Abraham-Joseph was taken into ICE custody as he is unlawfully present in the U.S. and also a convicted felon."

ICE'S note continued, "Mr. Abraham-Joseph initially entered the U.S. legally in July 2005, but subsequently failed to depart under the terms of his nonimmigrant visa and he became unlawfully present in the U.S. when his visa expired in July 2006. In addition to being in violation of federal immigration law, Mr. Abraham-Joseph was convicted on felony drug charges in October 2014 in Fulton County, Georgia."

It concluded, "Mr. Abraham-Joseph is presently in ICE custody in Georgia and has been placed into removal proceedings before the federal immigration courts. ICE will now await the outcome of his case before a federal immigration judge to determine future actions."

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Bruh, what? Have you been anywhere outside of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia? It's called Pennsyltucky for a reason!

I thought it was called Alabama?

And I still expect better than actual Alabama! :p 

I went to Bucknell University for 4 years and lived in Lewisburg, PA, north of Harrisburg. So I do know the areas haha.