The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Improper Exhibition of a Firearm

Under Florida Statute Section 790.10, the charge of improper exhibition of a firearm or other dangerous weapon is a first degree misdemeanor which is punishable by up to 12 months in the county jail and a $1,000 fine.

The charge of improper exhibition of a firearm or other weapon requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt of the following elements:

1. The Defendant carried a weapon;
  2. The Defendant exhibited the weapon in a threatening, careless, angry or rude manner;
  3. The Defendant did so in the presence of at least one other person.

The first degree misdemeanor offense of improper exhibition applies to any dangerous weapon including a sword, firearm or electric device such as a taser. Several important defenses can exist when you brandished the wepaon in self-defense, defense of others, or defense of property.

Star of "Empire" TV series attacked in Chicago hate crime

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?" 

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country." 

55 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when shortly after he walked out on his way home, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?" 

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country." 

Now hang on, we need to hear the side of the story from the two men.  How do we know they weren't provoked?

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

This story seems fishy. 

22 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

This story seems fishy. 

I just don’t believe the sort of people who would shout “This is MAGA country” would also be able to identify a supporting actor from a Fox TV series out on the street. Feels like some extra seasoning was added.

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The “MAGA Land” shouting appears to be in significant doubt, based on the official record. Story is still developing. 

At the end of the episode, they're gonna rip off the mask and reveal it was Nathan Phillips all along! 

7 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

As boyle has taught us–MAGA means many things, but must of all it means nothing...

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live-news/jussie-smollett-attack/h_6d713a17d77438add630981fac20ac70

The police have been scouring the cameras in the area and have yet to find anything but this guy walking by himself.

???

This is a repugnant response by you. It’s not cute or clever to mock this situation. This man was allegedly this-close to being murdered in the most horrific way possible and you want to joke. Real life isn’t like CSI where they will have the tape or dna results before the next commercial break.

disappointing...

I wouldn't go as far as @sblfilms but I did originally say the story seems fishy and I'm sticking to that. You're right that this isn't CSI but at the same time we can look at the story and make some inferences. 

Edit: Personally,  I don't think the "I'm kicking my own ass" explanation covers it, I think he did get assaulted but the background likely involves something that he, for some reason, doesn't want to admit to. Or I could be completely wrong and it did go down as he said it, but I personally find it unlikely. 

10 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

I wouldn't go as far as @sblfilms but I did originally say the story seems fishy and I'm sticking to that. You're right that this isn't CSI but at the same time we can look at the story and make some inferences. 

Edit: Personally,  I don't think the "I'm kicking my own ass" explanation covers it, I think he did get assaulted but the background likely involves something that he, for some reason, doesn't want to admit to. Or I could be completely wrong and it did go down as he said it, but I personally find it unlikely. 

Oh, I agree with your edit. I think he got into some physical altercation and there is some reason he is crafting this false narrative about it. Could be something else terrible like a domestic violence case. But as it currently stands, it seems as though the guy is lying about what happened to him. There are some local journalists who have been reporting on the case and it does not look good for the guy’s claims turning out to be true.

I could be wrong though.

I recognize that the evidence is still developing and that it casts doubt on the original reporting but I don't see where it helps to so eagerly give credence to the reports that raise that doubt.

For one thing, I agree that the report saying there's trouble finding video of the incident really doesn't indicate anything -- I haven't seen where we'd be assured of a video and the latest I've seen has persons of interest being developed out of what videos they do have.

For another thing I don't see pressure to wholly fake an attack like this. We didn't need this one to see MAGA choads are committing violence in the name of trump, it's happened enough already. It's not like when that dummy carved a backwards B into her face because she was desperate to prove violence on the part of Obama supporters. There's no need. 

So yeah, in my estimation the attack likely did happen and likely happened closer to the original reporting than not because a different explanation strains credulity more. Maybe there are significantly different facts but even if there are, again, we don't need this incident to see the racist, sexist, and homophobic violence that's committed in the name of trump. The only thing I can think of that would begin to make real sense is that he is using a couple MAGA fucks to cover for the real reason he was attacked. 

What get's me is everyone presumes that EVERY accusation made by certain segments of the population should not only be taken seriously,  but believed except for a black man's? Be doubley skeptical if he's gay? I myself had to check my skepticism and ask myself why I had a hard time taking the young brother at his word despite not being able to come up with reason for him to lie that didn't include mental illness or substance abuse problems. He has far more to lose by lying and making this up. I really hope for his sake he isn't.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

What PR-firm backed lie did Sandmann make?

Also, what a bunch of revisionism. We all believed Nathan Phillips story, even as kids including Sandmann said it didn’t happen that way. Then we got to see dozens of videos that don’t depict what Phillips said happened.

Smollett certainly could be telling the truth about every bit of his claim. It seems unlikely at this point based on what police are saying the the local reporters.

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

This was posted on our Discord - I have no idea where it's from so take it for what it's worth which is probably nothing:

1548856187152.png

Did that hit all the gay stereotypes?

1. “Saddidy”

2. hooking up with someone else partner aka promiscuity and bad moral character

3. Sissy boy got justifiably “whooped”

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's a shame the old boards got deleted because I'm pretty sure the people saying "this story doesn't add up" are some of the same people who were jumping down my throat for saying that about the Franken accusers.

The *police* are telling reporters the story doesn’t add up. Not just your hunch that womens be lying :p