The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

This movement is so chaotic because there isn't any leadership to it, its purely community based and its everywhere, which is good and bad, theres is a nightly rally in my small upstate NY city from 4-6, i haven't seen it but my wife says the square fills up and it drives her boss crazy cause people honk constantly in support, lol.  

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ummm there are no "Statues of Prophet Mohammad" There aren't any images of him permitted in the religion because Muslims don't actually worship Prophet Mohammad.

That's the point. The woman doesn't realise this, and doesn't realise that if there were any statues of Mohammed that they would be encouraged to be brought down by Muslims themselves. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So have people just gone completely stupid? Mob mentality takeover that means all statues are bad?

Are you really that surprised that people aren't researching who each statue is depicting before tearing them down? This isn't the first incident of a statue being torn down and/or defaced that's actually of someone that is worthy of celebration/honour/symbol of progress, etc. etc. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

Are you really that surprised that people aren't researching who each statue is depicting before tearing them down? This isn't the first incident of a statue being torn down and/or defaced that's actually of someone that is worthy of celebration/honour/symbol of progress, etc. etc. 

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. People are stupid and mob mentality is taking over. People do research? Hah! Most people won't even read a damn book.

31 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm not surprised, just disappointed. People are stupid and mob mentality is taking over. People do research? Hah! Most people won't even read a damn book.

This is true. I know people that are proud that they don't read....

Why is that something you would freely admit?! 

I was talking to my parents tonight and I brought up how my dad has a lot of white friend who like to read his GOP talking points on race issues in particular because it makes them feel better about holding terrible views on race because a black man agrees.

I also noted that he through no fault of his own actually reinforces their narratives about black people because he represents “one of the good ones” and is a model for how blacks ought to be and could be if they just behave right.

Later in the evening on Facebook, one of his idiot white friends responded to me on a post and explicitly called my dad a rare black man for being married to the same woman for 40 years and only having children by her. It was nice to have this perfect example of the way many of his white conservative friends view him on full display.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Later in the evening on Facebook, one of his idiot white friends responded to me on a post and explicitly called my dad a rare black man for being married to the same woman for 40 years and only having children by her.

You'd think they'd love Obama, then.

14 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

These are the types who would say “I said married to the same woman, not dude, lololololol” 

18 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Maybe if we didn't have so many confederate statues then people wouldn't get confused. They're just hunks of rock and metal, they can get put back up. It's fine. 

Mass produced even! In northern factories! There's nothing special about them really.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/rhode-island-name-change-providence-plantations-slavery-connotations/

The state of Rhode Island is moving to change its official name — "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" — due to its connection to slavery.  Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo signed an executive order on Monday to change what appears on government documents, and the state's legislature is moving forward with a bill to alter the name entirely. 

I didn't even know that was the actual name! Seems like a very good idea to change it.

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

They want the "model black man" to be the person they point to that they aren't racist and "why can't they be like this". They certainly don't want that person in a position of power over them.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

As someone who was in a college movie where my character was murdered by being choked to death by a noose, I can safely say that’s a FUCKING NOOSE.

That movie? Downhill. Check it out on YouTube. It’s shit, but it was fun to make.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I was talking to my parents tonight and I brought up how my dad has a lot of white friend who like to read his GOP talking points on race issues in particular because it makes them feel better about holding terrible views on race because a black man agrees.

I also noted that he through no fault of his own actually reinforces their narratives about black people because he represents “one of the good ones” and is a model for how blacks ought to be and could be if they just behave right.

Later in the evening on Facebook, one of his idiot white friends responded to me on a post and explicitly called my dad a rare black man for being married to the same woman for 40 years and only having children by her. It was nice to have this perfect example of the way many of his white conservative friends view him on full display.

Unfortunately that is rare.

I’ve had the same said of me. No offense was taken, I understand I’m part of Dubois’s 10%; it’s how I impact the 90% that matters; not what white people think of me, good or bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/25/entertainment/dixie-chicks-change-name-trnd/index.html

The Dixie Chicks will now be called The Chicks. Winn-Dixie Supermarkets might also be changing names after 95 years. I used to work at one back in 2000 when I lived in Florida. 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/25/southeast-winn-dixie-considers-name-change-george-floyd/

Sources at Winn-Dixie tell TMZ ... the supermarket chain -- billed as a southern heritage brand serving Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi -- is considering changing its name because, just like The Chicks, it deems the term "Dixie" as problematic due to ties to the old south and its way of thinking.

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/25/entertainment/dixie-chicks-change-name-trnd/index.html

The Dixie Chicks will now be called The Chicks. Winn-Dixie Supermarkets might also be changing names after 95 years. I used to work at one back in 2000 when I lived in Florida. 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/25/southeast-winn-dixie-considers-name-change-george-floyd/

While its nice they are changing it , they can also go fuck themselves as its been problematic since the inception .