~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
2user1cup

The Official Thread of Existing While Black

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2019/02/15/jussie-smollett-suspects-arrested-battery-nigerian-brothers-empire-extras-actors/

Smollett’s suspected attackers are two Nigerian men who previously worked as extras on Empire.

Hey, black Nigerian dudes can be MAGA believers too.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Hey, black Nigerian dudes can be MAGA believers too.

True! They can’t be white though, which is what Smollett claimed.

Well, Governor Northam might have some ideas about that :p

More odd stuff: Smollett follows about 600 people on Instagram, and the one of the two brothers Insta account is one of those 600 accounts he follows.

39 minutes ago, johnny said:

This dude just killed his career over this half-naked plan 

This is either a hilarious joke or the best typo of all time.

Yet another twist...

Edit: Theory I read on reddit, which I guess makes sense, is that the two Nigerians flipped on Smollett and were therefore released, and now the cops are building a case against Smollett. 

On 2/1/2019 at 8:11 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Cops reported that someone sent white powder to the set of Empire BEFORE Smollett was allegedly attacked and they were investigating.  Turns out it was aspirin,  but it indicates a level of harassment that the public wasn't aware of.

Maybe THIS is enough for some folks to give the dude the benefit of the doubt

and ask themselves why they were so skeptical of this story from the beginning,  myself included.

This post has not aged well :p

On 1/29/2019 at 11:07 PM, outsida said:

As boyle has taught us–MAGA means many things, but must of all it means nothing...

This one, however, is how people can be so uncharitable on the CEB. 

Black 6th grader was arrested for refusing to stand for pledge of allegiance and calling the flag racist

https://www.essence.com/news/black-6th-grader-arrested-stand-pledge-of-allegiance-flag-racist/

The Lawton Chiles Middle Academy student was taken to a juvenile detention center, and charged with disrupting a school function and resisting arrest without violence, Bay News9 reports.

He was also suspended from the school for three days.

The incident began when the boy was asked by a substitute teacher to stand during the pledge, and he refused. His reasons were that the flag was racist and the national anthem was offensive to Black people.

I remember being an edgy teen during the Iraq War and sitting for the pledge. I also went full RedSoxFan and had a Che sticker in my locker like a fucking shithead.

17 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I remember being an edgy teen during the Iraq War and sitting for the pledge. I also went full RedSoxFan and had a Che sticker in my locker like a fucking shithead.

The best part of sitting for the pledge is seeing people freak out about the fact that you're sitting for the pledge. :daydream:

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The best part of sitting for the pledge is seeing people freak out about the fact that you're sitting for the pledge. :daydream:

I honestly don't remember getting much grief about it; a couple stares and a 'tsk tsk' from a teacher, but nothing particularly crazy. Even though it was a Catholic high school, as long as you were in dress code and didn't violate academic probation (i.e. go to an after-school program if you had a C or lower in a class), the administration basically left you alone.

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I honestly don't remember getting much grief about it; a couple stares and a 'tsk tsk' from a teacher, but nothing particularly crazy. Even though it was a Catholic high school, as long as you were in dress code and didn't violate academic probation (i.e. go to an after-school program if you had a C or lower in a class), the administration basically left you alone.

The first time I did it, there was a visible panic on the part of the teachers that seemed to be in the vein of "what do you do in this situation? We have no idea because we've never had to deal with this before." It stopped being a huge deal after that first time.