The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So it seems that there was a reason Ahmaud Arbery and the other unnamed black person may have been on the property and this comes from the homeowner. Apparently there's a water source on the property and that both may have been stopping for a drink of water. There's a lot of info flying around this case that is coming to light.

Was watching CNN and they were showing more security footage. Tons and tons of people of all ages were stopping and looking inside that house. Naturally the cops were only called when it was a black guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Was watching CNN and they were showing more security footage. Tons and tons of people of all ages were stopping and looking inside that house. Naturally the cops were only called when it was a black guy.

Yeah I've been trying to find that story. There was another black kid that was on the property in that footage too but he never stole anything. The Homeowner maintains that nothing was ever stolen from the property and that one of the reasons people may have been stopping on the property was to "steal" a drink of water. Apparently there are two water  sources on the property, probably running hoses or something. The Lawyer for Arbery's family also said that he has texts that show that the neighborhood was basically told by law enforcement to look to the two shooters as defacto LE in the community :| So no wonder these assholes thought they had a right to stop and question the young brother. 

• Guillotine 2

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has arrested the man who recorded cellphone video of Ahmaud Arbery being shot and killed.

William “Roddie” Bryan, 50, shot the video that showed what appears to be Gregory and Travis McMichael shooting and killing Ahmaud Arbery while he was out jogging in February.

In a news release, the GBI said it charged Bryan with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/gbi-arrests-man-who-shot-video-ahmaud-arbery-being-shot/w2xm7bm2x5cbnpw375pt3rcp4q/

38 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/gbi-arrests-man-who-shot-video-ahmaud-arbery-being-shot/W2XM7BM2X5CBNPW375PT3RCP4Q/%3foutputType=amp

Advertisement

I was coming to post this... According to the two shooters he was with them but he and his lawyer denied that on national TV.

Um...is anyone else seeing ads on the last couple of posts, or is it time for me to run a heavy duty virus scan? I see a lot of extra crap in the HTML source of the original post, so guessing/hoping it's what's causing the ad...

image.png

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Um...is anyone else seeing ads on the last couple of posts, or is it time for me to run a heavy duty virus scan? I see a lot of extra crap in the HTML source of the original post, so guessing/hoping it's what's causing the ad...

image.png

I see them on my phone, so you're not alone.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

This is pretty sickening, the fake cries of anguish while abusing her own dog...

Dude. I had off leash dogs come after my dogs 3 times yesterday. 

First time, dude opens his door as we're walking by and the two dogs run and surround mine. He started growling and was afraid, no shit. I would be too!

Second time, woman opens her garage and her dog runs after my other dog, who snaps at it and it runs away scared. Then the lady yells at her dog as if it's the dogs fault. 

30ft later, the same two dogs + another from the first incident run at my first dog who my wife has. This is 6 hours later from the first incident btw! And a 4th dog runs after the one I'm walking. 

By that moment my dogs lost their shit and went into mad bark mode. I don't blame them! We got them away, treated, calmed them, and went right home.

Next time I'm going to ask that they leash their dogs. I was just so focused on controlling the situation that it wasn't on my mind. 

33 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

Dude. I had off leash dogs come after my dogs 3 times yesterday. 

First time, dude opens his door as we're walking by and the two dogs run and surround mine. He started growling and was afraid, no shit. I would be too!

Second time, woman opens her garage and her dog runs after my other dog, who snaps at it and it runs away scared. Then the lady yells at her dog as if it's the dogs fault. 

30ft later, the same two dogs + another from the first incident run at my first dog who my wife has. This is 6 hours later from the first incident btw! And a 4th dog runs after the one I'm walking. 

By that moment my dogs lost their shit and went into mad bark mode. I don't blame them! We got them away, treated, calmed them, and went right home.

Next time I'm going to ask that they leash their dogs. I was just so focused on controlling the situation that it wasn't on my mind. 

I had a coworker who's little toy dog was maimed to death by an off the leash dog. She was in her yard with a fucking fence and someone's dog who was unleashed jumped over her fence into her yard and attacked her dog. Her dog later died from its injuries. My coworker who was one of the sweetest people I've ever met was heartbroken :|

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

This is pretty sickening, the fake cries of anguish while abusing her own dog...

It's okay guys... she's sorry

A white woman has apologized for calling police on a black man in Central Park on Monday, after the two argued about her unleashed dog. Amy Cooper told CNN she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone." "I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community. She was walking her dog Monday while Christian Cooper was bird watching at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble. They both told CNN the dispute began because Amy Cooper's dog was not on a leash. Dogs are supposed to be leashed at all times in the Ramble, according to the park's website. Christian Cooper recorded video of part of their encounter and posted it on Facebook, where it has since been shared more than 2,000 times. "I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

The New York Police Department told CNN when officers responded, neither Christian Cooper nor Amy Cooper were present. No arrests or summonses were made, according to NYPD.

"I think I was just scared," Amy Cooper said. "When you're alone in the Ramble, you don't know what's happening. It's not excusable, it's not defensible." She told CNN that since the video was posted, her "entire life is being destroyed right now." She has been placed on administrative leave by her employer, investment company Franklin Templeton. "We take these matters very seriously, and we do not condone racism of any kind. While we are in the process of investigating the situation, the employee involved has been put on administrative leave," the company's statement read.

She'll have a job in The White House by the end of the week. If not I'm sure Fox News will welcome her with open arms.

Forget guns... every black person in the country needs a fucking CAMERA.

"I videotaped it because I thought it was important to document things," Christian Cooper said. "Unfortunately we live in an era with things like Ahmaud Arbery, where black men are seen as targets. This woman thought she could exploit that to her advantage, and I wasn't having it." Asked if he'd accept her apology, Christian Cooper told CNN he would "if it's genuine and if she plans on keeping her dog on a leash in the Ramble going forward, then we have no issues with each other."

To be honest, I can imagine THIS being a little creepy...

Christian Cooper, according to his Facebook post, then told the Amy Cooper: "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."

"I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying right?" Amy Cooper said.

... until you read THIS part.

That's when Christian Cooper says he pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes. Christian Cooper said dog owners, in his experience, hate it when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterwards.

:lol: This dude is a wise-ass clearly. He's lucky is funny ass didn't get shot :p

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

The easiest way to get people angry is to ask them to leash their dogs in places where they should absolutely be leashed. I have no idea what about this completely reasonable request turns people into fucking lunatics, but it does.

Fucked up thing is she lost the dog too :lol:

The dog has been surrendered to the shelter he was adopted from days earlier while the dispute is addressed, according to a Facebook post from Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue, Inc. "The dog is now in our rescue's care and he is safe and in good health," the post said.

What a Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The easiest way to get people angry is to ask them to leash their dogs in places where they should absolutely be leashed. I have no idea what about this completely reasonable request turns people into fucking lunatics, but it does.

"It's ok bro my dog is friendly"

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I hate when dogs are off their leashes. Americans are the least responsible people this world has ever seen. Why should I trust that they've trained their dog?

23 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I hate when dogs are off their leashes. Americans are the least responsible people this world has ever seen. Why should I trust that they've trained their dog?

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"It's ok bro my dog is friendly"

I see it all the time. People want to see themselves as expert dog masters and if you tell them to leash their dog you're saying they aren't as good as they think, you don't trust their training, and they're also mad you caught them breaking the rules. It's like if you yell at a car to slow down, they're more likely to speed away. They're doubling down because they need to be right, in that moment you've caught them in a lapse of character. 

When I saw the video yesterday I was livid, self entitled asshole. I'm glad this blew up so much on twitter/facebook that even her employer put her on administrative leave and will probably be firing her, since she is a VP I hope there is some exit in her contract for the company to let her go without severance. Criminal charges would also be nice for making a false report to the police but fat chance of that happening.

I ***king hate these people who let their dogs off leash in public places where it's required. There are dog parks, take them there! My wife is deathly afraid of dogs and has put herself in harms way to get away from them. I'm glad the dog was taken away from her, considering how much she was willing to choak the poor thing she was never going to be a good owner.

Also, I am here to confess my sins to you all. 

I've taken my dog to a park off-leash before. It's an old country club that's being upgraded to a real park. The golf links are all gone and there's tons of pathways going through the area. It's secluded with very low attendance. It's not that popular, so I felt more okay with unleashing my dog so he can roam a little. But the few times I did it, invariably, someone would top a hill or come around a corner and I'd put my dog back on a leash to pass them. Now that I have a newer retractable leash, I don't feel that it's anything I'm going to continue to do. 

21 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I ***king hate these people who let their dogs off leash in public places where it's required. There are dog parks, take them there! My wife is deathly afraid of dogs and has put herself in harms way to get away from them. I'm glad the dog was taken away from her, considering how much she was willing to choak the poor thing she was never going to be a good owner.

This is kind of my thing. Even if you have a well trained dog with perfect recall, there people who are scared of dogs, kids who get aggressive with dogs, etc. You just don’t know how someone is going to react to your dog. And on hiking trails and stuff, when your dog is off leash and out of sight, it’s definitely shitting somewhere and people just don’t pick it up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

Careful with the retractable leashes, they'll teach your dog that pulling is the way to get what they want. 

Yeah, I lock it when he's after something and just stand still til he calms down. We're working on it. 

Our dog is really bad about pulling to the point where he practically chokes himself out.  We ordered a harness to replace his collar, that has the d-ring attachment on the side of the harness (instead of the top above the shoulders.  This should prevent him from pulling because it will force his body sideways, and dogs have no power in this position. 

Sort of like this: