Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crispy4000

(Nintendo aside) There's never been a worse E3 for current year games

Recommended Posts

Almost everything is 2020.  With the exception of Gears, Star Wars, Death Stranding, Doom, Borderlands and CoD.  Maybe a few other minor properties and DLC?

The industry really couldn't spread itself out this year. Maybe they got scared of the holidays after RDR2 stole so much attention the last time.  They could also be gearing up to delay their Q1-Q2 games to be cross platform releases.

I'm really looking forward to Nintendo tomorrow, hopefully to give us more to look forward to in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I'm the minority on here, but I have so many games that are carried over from 2017/18 to play, not counting the few releases from this year I'm interested in (and help me if I end up buying a Switch for either my birthday or Christmas this year). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I'm sure I'm the minority on here, but I have so many games that are carried over from 2017/18 to play, not counting the few releases from this year I'm interested in (and help me if I end up buying a Switch for either my birthday or Christmas this year). 

 

The point still stands though.  As great of a year as 2018 was, the second half of 2019 isn't nearly as promising as we've come to expect.

 

Get on that Switch though.  There's so much good stuff there, even from its first year line-up.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay with 2019 being an off year. I got more games than I can get to anyway. I'm actually trying to just come to grips with the idea that I may have to finally write some of them off as games I'll never play/go back to, and just move on with my life. And doing that is harder than it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Almost everything is 2020.  With the exception of Gears, Star Wars, Death Stranding, Doom, Borderlands and CoD.  Maybe a few other minor properties and DLC?

The industry really couldn't spread itself out this year. Maybe they got scared of the holidays after RDR2 stole so much attention the last time.  They could also be gearing up to delay their Q1-Q2 games to be cross platform releases.

I'm really looking forward to Nintendo tomorrow, hopefully to give us more to look forward to in the near future.

 

I disagree there are many games you overlooked some minor properties like Control but also some larger ones like Ghost Recon. There is still a lot coming out this year but I a ton of stuff that was intended to come out this year slipped into Q1 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

 

I disagree there are many games you overlooked some minor properties like Control but also some larger ones like Ghost Recon. There is still a lot coming out this year but I a ton of stuff that was intended to come out this year slipped into Q1 2020.

 

Maybe I’m crazy, but Control looks kind of by the book?  I like what I hear about it, and the action looked alright, but Quantum Break was a bit more interesting to me by this point in the media cycle.  Outside of the TV stuff, granted.

 

Forgot about Ghost Recon, but it’s also been that kind of E3.  The celebrity cameo was the most tangible thing I took away from Ubisoft’s show.  Why no gameplay demo?  They did it with Wildlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst E3 in a very very long time.  I've only seen one game that I'm actually interested in.  DeathLoop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched a single conference this year. I read up on them afterwards, and I haven't missed a thing by skipping them except that sweet Keanu reeves moment, but I saw the gif after, so I'm good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have about 8 games to clear from last year + this list is still coming this year! I'd say we could all use a 6-9 month breather!

 

 

 

The Sinking City - June 27 

Hellpoint - pre-ordered-July

Control - August 27th

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries - Sept 10 

Borderlands 3 - Sept 13

The Surge 2 - Sept 24

Code Vien - Sept 28

Greedfall- Sept

Encased - Q3 

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - Oct 4

Gears of War 5 - Oct 10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare -Oct 25

The Outer Worlds -RPG from Obsidian -Oct 25

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Nov 15

Shenmue 3 - Nov 19

Doom Eternal - Nov 22

Dolmen - Nov

Those who remain - ???

Dungeonhaven - Souls like game-???

Witchfire - ???

Bio Mutant - ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m editing this thread title to exclude Nintendo.  Geez, their 2019 lineup is delivering.  Pretty much only Animal Crossing and the BotW sequel aren’t this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a rule where if you show a game that’s already been announced it has to be gameplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johnny said:

There should be a rule where if you show a game that’s already been announced it has to be gameplay

 

Make it apply to all new IP too at first showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A good year to chip away at that backlog

That's what I've been doing. I wonder if 2019 is so bad because we are ending a console generation and launching into a new gen next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play maybe 2 games from the current year in their year of release. I usually buy games a year or two later when the whole thing including DKC is under $20, so there is always some great content out there I haven’t played yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There hasn't been much that truly excites me, although  FF7R does. Also looking forward to CP2077 even though we've seen no gameplay yet. But thanks to Games Pass, my list of games I want to get around to playing will never end. There just isn't anywhere near enough time to play all the stuff I want to get to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I’m editing this thread title to exclude Nintendo.  Geez, their 2019 lineup is delivering.  Pretty much only Animal Crossing and the BotW sequel aren’t this year.

I haven't watched the direct.  What are they bringing this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I haven't watched the direct.  What are they bringing this year?

Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, Mana Collection, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, the definitive version of Dragon Quest XI, a new Contra, possibly Panzer Dragoon.

 

I'm sure you'll say you're not interested in most or any of those, but that's a killer lineup for a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, Mana Collection, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, the definitive version of Dragon Quest XI, a new Contra, possibly Panzer Dragoon.

 

I'm sure you'll say you're not interested in most or none of those, but that's a killer lineup for a lot of people.

I started to watch the Fire Emblem trailer -- could only make it half way through.  You were right about me not being interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

 

I started to watch the Fire Emblem trailer -- could only make it half way through.  You were right about me not being interested.

I kinda feel bad for you, but whatevs! The rest of us are thrilled!

 

Why even ask, though, lol. Trolling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I kinda feel bad for you, but whatevs! The rest of us are thrilled!

 

Why even ask, though, lol. Trolling?

I really had no idea what the excitement was about

 

Nintendo has made some great games -- Mario Kart, Mario Maker and BotW leap to mind.  So I really didn't know.  I haven't bought a Switch yet, because there hasn't been enough content for me to justify it.  My kids friend's Switches seem to be dedicated Fortnite machines, and since I don't let them play online FPS games, I haven't bought one for them either.

 

However, I was optimistic that there might be 1 or 2 more exclusives that would justify me buying one.  While I would love to play another Contra game, it would have to be REALLY good to justify a console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I really had no idea what the excitement was about

 

Nintendo has made some great games -- Mario Kart, Mario Maker and BotW leap to mind.  So I really didn't know.  I haven't bought a Switch yet, because there hasn't been enough content for me to justify it.  My kids friend's Switches seem to be dedicated Fortnite machines, and since I don't let them play online FPS games, I haven't bought one for them either.

 

However, I was optimistic that there might be 1 or 2 more exclusives that would justify me buying one.  While I would love to play another Contra game, it would have to be REALLY good to justify a console.

I've just seen you sneer at Nintendo stuff before, so I figured you'd do the same here and I wasn't surprised. Sucks you don't like a lot of awesome games, because for most people there's plenty out to justify the system. 

 

BotW2 was announced, maybe that'll entice you eventually. 

 

Oh, yeah, Mario Maker 2 is out later this month, too. Pretty killer year by most standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've just seen you sneer at Nintendo stuff before, so I figured you'd do the same here and I wasn't surprised. Sucks you don't like a lot of awesome games, because for most people there's plenty out to justify the system. 

 

BotW2 was announced, maybe that'll entice you eventually. 

 

Oh, yeah, Mario Maker 2 is out later this month, too. Pretty killer year by most standards.

I didn't sneer at Nintendo stuff.  I sneered at the poorly localized dialog of the Fire Emblem trailer.  You would think that someone would be able to translate a script, that made it sound like everyone didn't have a pickle up their ass.

"Still, we have no choice but to eliminate those that cling to unreasonable ideas of justice."  WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luigi looks WAY better than I thought it would.  Link’s Awakening has a rouge-like dungeon maker.  Astral Chain looks really fun and polished.  Even that mech game and Marvel are shaping up.  And of course, there’s Pokémon and Fire Emblem.  A Panzer Dragoon remake too!

 

More of the surprises were 2020, but also it’s surprising enough that so much is slated for the next 6 months.  It’s solid.  

 

And yeah, look into Luigi.  As great as LA will be, that’s the tent pole.  Other than Pokémon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I didn't sneer at Nintendo stuff.  I sneered at the poorly localized dialog of the Fire Emblem trailer.  You would think that someone would be able to translate a script, that made it sound like everyone didn't have a pickle up their ass.

"Still, we have no choice but to eliminate those that cling to unreasonable ideas of justice."  WTF?

Uh, have you never played a Fire Emblem game before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Looked interesting to me and i have barely played the series.

It's up there as one of my favorite series of all time. I even play the imports :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...