Watch Dogs: Legion (29 October 2020) - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

I don't live in a castle like some people with enough room to fit 2 PS 5s! 

They actually lock into place when connected to each other thanks to the side flaps. This will turn them into one of the giant drones you can fly in Legion.

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am getting ton of freezes while playing on the X. It’s pretty frustrating at this point. I am not really enjoying the story or the gameplay loop so I might just return this to Gamelfy and rent SackBoy instead. 

I'm getting freezes too. I actually DO enjoy the game but it crashes on me at least once a session.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:02 PM, crispy4000 said:

Interesting that DF's optimized settings bring the game's benchmark to 30fps+ @ 1440p on a 2060 Super, sans DLSS.  Meanwhile, the scenes shown in the Series X video allegedly show nighttime drops up to 1440p, hovering closer to 1512p on average.

It's certainly plausible the next-gen consoles can do the 2060 Super one better at native res.  Or they could be relying on reconstruction techniques found on the Pro/X1X (bumping some settings higher?).  Or maybe the PC port is weak all around.  

We'll find out soon enough.

If DLSS looks better than native rez, who cares what a RTX card can do at native rez?  From the DF videos I have seen, DLSS looks BETTER than native rez.

Shouldn't we care about what similar graphics on an RTX card look like vs the best a SeX could do? (As a consumer?)

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Shouldn't we care about what similar graphics on an RTX card look like vs the best a SeX could do? (As a consumer?)

If your main concern is fidelity, then sure.  RTX will punch well above its weight class in relativity, especially early in the gen.

I'm a bit more interested in how far the consoles can be pushed, since that could hold back how crazy devs get with RT in general.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Watch Dogs: Legion (29 October 2020) - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

If they couldn't get the game to not crash every 5 minutes before for launch, hard to imagine they spent a whole lot of time actually doing a ton of platform specific optimizing prior to launch.

Hopefully we see a patch similar to Valhalla that also gives us a 60fps performance mode soon.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

If they couldn't get the game to not crash every 5 minutes before for launch, hard to imagine they spent a whole lot of time actually doing a ton of platform specific optimizing prior to launch.

Hopefully we see a patch similar to Valhalla that also gives us a 60fps performance mode soon.

There was a patch today but I'm not sure what it was for.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@best3444

Besides these, you can come across skilled recruits just wandering the open world. Remember you can recruit pretty much ANYONE in the open world. Just pay attention to their occupation and skills. Anyone with a military or law enforcement background will have lethal weapons. Not just the non lethal stuff. 

THANK YOU!!!

• Halal 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

The game is so unoptimized it makes me sad. Three DRMs, Ubisoft. THREE. 

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It’s one of those I couldn’t find a performance profile I was super happy with. Maybe I’ll try it in Nov with a 4080 and brute force it lol.

I’ve never really been a fan of this series because I like my urban open world games to be more action, and less espionage, hacking and stealth. I also didn’t really like the main protagonists that you had to play as in the first two games. I still got Watch Dogs: Legion since the concept of playing as any NPC in the world seemed appealing, but when I actually played it I found the concept to be better on paper than in actual execution. It was still ok, just not as cool as I thought that it was going to be. While I liked it more than the first two games, it still failed to really pull me in so I quit playing it. However, I do plan on giving it another go at some point because I think that it could be fun when I’m in the right mood for it.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@best3444they also added a bunch of modes to it. There's a co-op zombie mode that you can play on line and make your way through a zombie infested London. I only played a little bit of it. There's also a bunch of competetive multiplayer modes in addition to the DLC I told you about which i myself need to finish.

Thanks for the heads up but I'm no longer a multiplayer gamer anymore. However, I did read the DLC is really good so I'll probably check that out. 

22 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@best3444

Besides these, you can come across skilled recruits just wandering the open world. Remember you can recruit pretty much ANYONE in the open world. Just pay attention to their occupation and skills. Anyone with a military or law enforcement background will have lethal weapons. Not just the non lethal stuff. 

I recruited a hitman finally so now I'm packin. I didn't look anything up on how to do it. When you zoom out the map entirely each region tells you what awards you get by completing small missions in that section of the map. One mission was extremely difficult because you had to navigate in complete darkness with the help of a drone. It look me over an hour to complete the mission. 

So I completed the region and one of the rewards was a Hitman recruitment. I really enjoy this game. The city is fully alive and really impressive visually. 

• Halal 1

Played some streaming from my desktop to deck last night and appreciate the dense crowds in this and pop-up is really good, and generally an impressive game especially with RT but the lighting in Ubi games is something I think I’m kinda over, ready for them to get better tech there, hopefully in time for the next AC. Especially in day light, Ubi games always look flat in regular broad daylight. Can’t think of anyone who could use RTGI more than Ubi.

The lighting and post processing in Saints Row makes it actually look more appealing to me, despite being a much less demanding game and less impressive in most technical ways.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

The lighting and post processing in Saints Row makes it actually look more appealing to me, despite being a much less demanding game and less impressive in most technical ways.

I agree. The lighting is beautiful and much more prevalent in Saints Row compared to Watch Dogs Legion. 

• True 1