Remnant: From the Ashes - Official Thread, update - Next Gen Upgrade trailer

Really not too much in the stream, a lot on balancing and their philosophy.  Promise of lots of future conent and support for the game.

Stream Notes -

Focus is on balance and bugs.  Dont want to nerf, but also dont want to have very obvious and OP items.  Looking to get everything to be close to offer a lot of viable build diversity, rather than a few must have equipped items.  

New Adventure Mode should be coming in next few weeks.  Basically allows you to replay a certain world and play through rather than rerolling the entire campaign.  It has no story elements.  Would be at most like an hour long to run through.  

Other Quality of Life updates coming.  

Plan to support this game for a long time.  Lots of ideas but dont want to share too early in case they can't deliver.  

Started it last night with a friend. He took some convincing, but I saw enough on YouTube to know we’d like it. Mainly because if the fact there isn’t a death penalty other than “restart from checkpoint”. 

First boss we beat felt like a such a win. We were already liking the game. We loved it after that. We’ve beaten a couple more bosses. Only just now went to the tower. 

Last boss we we fought was scorch. My friend died in the fight. Non-revivable kind of death. I managed to finish the boss off. My friend got all the rewards except the achievement. 

I think only the host player gets the achievements as it’s their world.  Also some traits seem to be tied to hosting as well.  There is a trait to revive players faster that you earn if you revive enough people.  Also one that revives you with more health or something.  I haven’t got them cause I’ve only run solo in my world.  So make sure to host friend at some point. 

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I think only the host player gets the achievements as it’s their world.  Also some traits seem to be tied to hosting as well.  There is a trait to revive players faster that you earn if you revive enough people.  Also one that revives you with more health or something.  I haven’t got them cause I’ve only run solo in my world.  So make sure to host friend at some point. 

I was the host yesterday. Probably should let me friend host. Essentially he has not made any progress on his world since the tutorial. 

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I was the host yesterday. Probably should let me friend host. Essentially he has not made any progress on his world since the tutorial. 

You can jump back and forth after you run each world.  You’ll get different bosses quests and gear so it’s worth it.  It’ll make the runs a little easier too.  Enemies scale to highest level player so you should’ve ever get too OP.

13 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

You can jump back and forth after you run each world.  You’ll get different bosses quests and gear so it’s worth it.  It’ll make the runs a little easier too.  Enemies scale to highest level player so you should’ve ever get too OP.

Does the game work like Diablo where even if enemies scale the lower lvl player gets higher Xp, kind of like power leveling the player until they get closer in lvl to the higher lvl player?

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That seems to just cover solo play level scaling. One of the edits says they are waiting to comment on coop scaling. Though some may be similar. 

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Oh shit so the enemies don’t keep scaling up once you’ve spawned that world area.  Never knew that.  I was wrong. 

From reading it,  it is not the world, but zone. From one glowing entrance to another. Meaning you could power level in one area, then when you go down into a sewer dungeon, the sewer dungeon is now spawned and your level. 

Essentially you can over power and are, but you will not over power the rest of the game. If you could hit max level in the first area (which you can’t) that would make you lvl 21, every new zone would spawn at lvl 22. At least that is how it reads. 

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That seems to just cover solo play level scaling. One of the edits says they are waiting to comment on coop scaling. Though some may be similar. 

From reading it,  it is not the world, but zone. From one glowing entrance to another. Meaning you could power level in one area, then when you go down into a sewer dungeon, the sewer dungeon is now spawned and your level. 

Essentially you can over power and are, but you will not over power the rest of the game. If you could hit max level in the first area (which you can’t) that would make you lvl 21, every new zone would spawn at lvl 22. At least that is how it reads. 

I meant moreso, that if I went back to World 1 after beating the game, I assumed enemies would still be semi tough, not spawn as level 1/5 still.  

Spoiler

One Trait Challenge is get 100 kills with 10 different guns in one playthrough.  So knowing this it'll be pretty easy to go back and just clean up on easy enemies

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Time for me to start playing with some of the other guns. I've been using the same two guns my whole one and a half playthroughs so far.

If those guns are the beam rifle, Ruin, or particular accelerator, then you're good to go! If not, yup, it's time to expand your arsenal!  

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

If those guns are the beam rifle, Ruin, or particular accelerator, then you're good to go! If not, yup, it's time to expand your arsenal!  

Lol nope... I've been rocking the plain old Magnum and The plain old shotgun the whole game. They've been been getting the job done.  I got used to the feel of both and I like the amount of damage they do. I'm a medium to close range player right now but I want to start playing with some different builds.

• Haha 1

It really feels like you should play alone or with three people. Proportionally it seems the game throws more at two people. 

Was doing a Boss fight where if you play solo there are two mobs that spawn. With two people it is 5-6 that spawn from all around and rush you. With three people it is still 5-6 mobs. So with three people it is much more manageable.