Remnant: From the Ashes - Official Thread, update - Next Gen Upgrade trailer

I’m really enjoying it.  Played with ARZ to the first mini boss and died twice.  Not easy.  You don’t respawn with the consumables you used, so use those wisely.  

Im really looking forward to digging into this farther,  I have it on Xbox but may double dip as I could see it playing real nice on PC.  

The random generation also hit me quick as I played for a bit then joined @ARZand the area was drastically different.  I also think the area keeps the same layout until you manually reroll it.  The fact it’ll randomly generated different areas will keep the replay value pretty high.

Yeah I can't beat the first boss alone. Too much going on for me to handle it by myself. It doesn't help that the bosses attacks go through walls. I've been hit on the other side of a wall, not even near a door or window and died because of it.

Really seems to help alternating between the ground and second floor as to give you a second to deal with the ads, but they respawn so quickly and if the boss wants, he will just constantly charge you until he gets an attack off.

I did notice when you warp into a world there’s an option to Reroll the run. Otherwise when you die the world just resets as it was. Same enemy placement as before and everyone respawns. 

I didnt notice any punishment when you die other than time lost either. 

Now I’m nervous to get to this boss haha

You can definitely tell this was made by the same folks that made the very atmospheric Chronos (Oculus VR)! I only had 20 minutes to try it this morning before heading to work so my exposure to the mechanics is quire limited, but I like the weight and movement of the character. I didn't notice any "lock on" option for melee though? I just got to the part where you select your class and took the melee option. Its hammer time!  :p

So last night I joined ARZ and was in his world, and it felt relatively easy to get through up until the boss.

I just started up again on my own world.  I'm not sure if it scaled up already cause I leveled up, or because I upgraded my weapons, but I've run into 2 new enemy types, 1 that has been wrecking me.  Also a new mini boss I ran into as well.  

I love the difficulty, I think it's gonna require a lot of leveling up gear to be able to complete areas.  Also def need some co-op cause its so easy to get overrun by all the little adds.

Anyone interested in checking it out and asking any questions.

https://mixer.com/JPDunks4

The mini boss/boss this time is not the same as last night.  

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

how solo friendly is this?

It's def tougher solo it seems, just due to the sheer amount of adds they throw at you during fights.  It's hard to track everything, and enemies randomly spawn around, so its easy to get overrun quick. 

That being said, I'm sure its possible.

8 hours ago, Nokt said:

Yeah I can't beat the first boss alone. Too much going on for me to handle it by myself. It doesn't help that the bosses attacks go through walls. I've been hit on the other side of a wall, not even near a door or window and died because of it.

Really seems to help alternating between the ground and second floor as to give you a second to deal with the ads, but they respawn so quickly and if the boss wants, he will just constantly charge you until he gets an attack off.

The first boss won’t be the same for everyone.  The mini bosses seem to be a variant of a regular enemy with an extra attack.  

I managed to kill Shroud earlier solo he wasn't too bad.  The mini boss last night with ARZ seemed much tougher.

Just best the part that seems to come from a Game of Thrones reference. Had to completely change my loadout and items to pull it off. 

Been really liking it so far.  I think I’m Trait Lvl 48 or something.  

Ive solo’d every boss in my world so far.  It’s definitely difficult and I’ve died a lot to some bosses, but they are doable.

The way the gear upgrades work is that you are limited on maxing your gear per world.  You can’t find the proper materials to upgrade past a certain point, so it’ll be nearly impossible to get overpowered, as most of your characters strength comes from gear.  Traits can continue being earned but it slows so much.  

Its been fun jumping in coop and seeing the different areas , gear, and quests that are in friends worlds that weren’t in mine.  

Def gonna be fun to run more playthroughs at higher difficulty settings.

I double dipped and got it on PC but haven’t played past tutorial yet if anyone’s ever looking to coop. 

So myself and Skillz are playing with ARZ, and his game world seems to be a far higher difficulty. 

It's great though cause the Boss's we've fought have given us some pretty cool loot. 

Just got a new SMG Gun that turns into a Flamethrower....  Its so badass.

Really loving it 

Just posted in their Discord

"We are currently recommending that you save a back copy of your save if you are on PC. Here is where you can find it!
To find your current save:
-  Choose the drive you installed Remnant on in File Explorer and select 'View'. 
- Check the box that reads "Hidden items.
-  From there, navigate to  Users > AppData > Local > Remnant > Saved > SaveGames - Copy the 'profile.sav' & any save files to your desktop 'save_#.sav'."

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

So myself and Skillz are playing with ARZ, and his game world seems to be a far higher difficulty. 

It's great though cause the Boss's we've fought have given us some pretty cool loot. 

Just got a new SMG Gun that turns into a Flamethrower....  Its so badass.

Really loving it 

Yeah that boss we fought in his world wasn't in either of ours and it's not on the boss lists I've seen. We may be one of the first groups to fight it.

This game's gooooood. Bought me a new mod that allows me to lock on to enemies and fire radiation blobs at them. I feel like the amount of items that are just "here's some boring ass stats" is WAY lower than other games like this. Everything seems to be designed to change how you play, right down to set bonuses for armor activating starting with just one piece rather than needing multiple (obviously stronger if you have more) so you can mix and match. This is the kind of shit I never got out of Borderlands, and that Destiny only reserves for their bullshit exotic setup where you can only equip a couple, drastically limiting the amount of possible variations.

Also the environments have been dramatically different so far. Story has gotten way weirder than I thought it would. Answers to questions come out of nowhere and it's great. They don't have some half-baked premise, some single thread of mystery they dangle in front of you for 40 hours before giving you some BS pseudo-answer. Things get weird fast and it's great.

Unless this game falls apart entirely or starts getting super repetitive (there's no way to tell the quantity of loot, but the quality has been great so far, but a great loot game has both!) then I think it might go into one of my favorites for the genre. Simple, but not stupid. Lower budget, but not visible seams low budget. Controls like butter, runs like butter. Not telling terrible jokes every 20 seconds. I approve.

I already wasn't too impressed with what I've seen of Borderlands, now I'm even less confident that it can be anything but the same old, tired bullshit I was bored of in Borderlands 2. A loot game without exciting loot is just a sad hamster wheel.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I love the little details... how enemies can hurt each other or themselves with environmental hazards, how damage is location specific... and yes the loot is awesome. Great game here.

Yeah I was really noticing last that last night. How the enemy AI is just tricky enough to make it that much harder. Despite basically just walking right at you, the way some of them dodge their heads at the last second made me miss plenty of times. The fact that the enemies can take friendly fire is great. The fact that you can shoot some enemies in their “legs” and they’ll. Trip and fall. All of that is 100% unexpected for me. 

Leveling is fun, the trait system is great. Everything is just so fun and clever. 

What’s everyone’s Trait level.  I’m 57 and just entered the 3rd World.

im probably higher cause I’ve helped other a lot on my playthrough.  Enemies do scale so it’s impossible to over level an area.  And if you play with friends they scale to the highest level character.  

Some history of this game:

The game started life as Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age at Crytek USA which was founded by David Adams and former Vigil Games developers after the bankruptcy of THQ and the dissolution of the Vigil Games studio (Adams was CEO of Vigil Games).  Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age was actually shown at E3 2014:

As you can see, there is a LOT of the DNA of that game in Remnant and the reason for that is when things went badly at Crytek USA, David Adams and other ex-Vigil developers jumped ship and formed Gunfire Games.  Now, Crytek parent company didn't entirely abandon the actual setting for Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age as it became the basis for the first-person game Hunt: Showdown which is actually coming out of Early Access for a full release on August 27 a week after the official release of Remnant, a game that it actually shares a "parent" with.

To summarize:

Remnant: From the Ashes - keeps the third-person perspective and other gameplay elements of Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age, changes the setting.

Hunt: Showdown - keeps the setting of Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded age, changes the perspective to first-person.