Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Extended Gameplay Trailer, update - 18 minutes of E3 demo gameplay

Bloodlines 2’s vampires are scrappy fighters and goofy dancers (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)

As action-packed as it was, there was sometimes something a little floaty about the melee combat, at least from a viewer’s perspective. This has often been a curse for studios, because first-person face-smashing is difficult to get right. It reminded me of the panicked streetfights you sometimes get into in the Dishonored games, but I’ll have to reserve judgement, since it was hard to get a sense of our vamp’s misty magic powers or skull-crunching hammerfists without actually laying hands on the controls myself.

I'm still just not sure on this one. It looks pretty, seems to want to do right by the universe/series its joining BUT something is a little off with what I've seen so far. Can't quite put my finger on the "off-ness" though. 

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm still just not sure on this one. It looks pretty, seems to want to do right by the universe/series its joining BUT something is a little off with what I've seen so far. Can't quite put my finger on the "off-ness" though. 

I can answer for you: the actual combat quality is roughly on par with the original game :p