DOOM Eternal OT - Raze Hell, update: "Official GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 4K Ray Tracing Gameplay" trailer

39 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

25% discount at GMG using code E3 at checkout

Oh snap that’s even better!

EDIT: Heads up people with regards to Doom Eternal that is for a Bethesda launcher key on GMG. I didn’t realize that and am now refunding. 

4 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Oh snap that’s even better!

EDIT: Heads up people with regards to Doom Eternal that is for a Bethesda launcher key on GMG. I didn’t realize that and am now refunding. 

You'll get a Bethesda Launcher key on Amazon as well :p

Only purchasing the game  directly on Steam will get you the Steam version.

Doom Eternal hands-on impressions: Dashing good hooks (PC Invasion)

My time with Doom Eternal was short yet sweet. The snippet played inserts the Slayer on Phobos en route to Mars. That said, I didn’t necessarily feel DOOM Eternal was a complete overhaul and improvement over Doom (2016). If anything, it’s somewhat of an incremental improvement, almost a half-step. However, this was only a sliver of gameplay, and the team promised new things will be introduced further into the campaign beyond this demo.

I played Doom Eternal, and now all I want to do is play more Doom Eternal (GamesRadar+)

After first getting my hands-on Doom Eternal at a pre-E3 2019 event, without even thinking, I turned to executive producer Marty Stratton and asked "Can I do it again?" He said "sure," and so I did it again. I finished the Doom Eternal demo much faster and more cleanly the second time around, and then immediately started another run. Sadly, I didn't get to clear the demo a third time, and even more sadly, I haven't been able to play Doom Eternal since - you know, because it's not out yet. And reader, that's a crying shame, because this game is fun as hell.

Doom Eternal lives up to its legacy (Eurogamer)

As it stands, Doom Eternal is more of a good thing - but a good thing you've already had a good helping of. I don't envy the task facing the developers: having to one-up a game like Doom 2016. That task might just be impossible. So Doom Eternal being just as good is probably a miracle.

Doom Eternal Hands-On: How Some New Tricks Impact Doom's Famous Glory Kill Loop (USgamer)

The demo's set about half-way through the game, a group of us in the press are told, with plenty of abilities, guns, and gear already unlocked for us to toy with. A short tutorial exclusively for the demo gets us acclimated, and quite literally, I'm thrown into the action. Admittedly, I struggled with the first encounter, but that's because there's a whole lot more to reckon with than before.

Doom Eternal gameplay preview – an evolution as judicious as it is violent (PCGamesN)

Eventually, as the last demons fall and the red mist fades, I have to remember to breathe again. Doom Eternal is no mindless shooter, but a desperate scramble for survival played out at breakneck speed, a bloody, violent puzzle box where failure might only be one wrong move away, but success is transcendent, calculated carnage.

Hands on: Doom Eternal preview (TechRadar)

Doom Eternal is shaping up to be the same fast-paced, action-packed experience as its 2016 predecessor, based on our E3 2019 demo, though we did not get through the pre-released version of this game without a few hiccups.

Doom Eternal - E3 Impressions (Gamereactor)

Moreso than compared to the last Doom, but certainly building on the fast-paced and visceral approach of the previous game, this Doom is designed around aggressive resource management. The developers described it as a "power fantasy combat puzzle", explaining to us how death is a but a mere part of the challenge - they want you to learn by dying and they plan to school you in the ways of pain by sending in a steady stream of powerful and deadly adversaries to test your mettle.

Doom Eternal impressions — as fun as shooting gets (GamesBeat)

Doom Eternal is also upgrading your movement. You can now run, climb, dash, and jump off of walls. None of this is revolutionary, but it makes traversal in Doom Eternal more interesting that its predecessors. The first-person platforming sections between all of those intense fights can now offer their own thrills.

DOOM Eternal is Better Than its Predecessor in Almost Every Way (Only Single Player)

DOOM Eternal is lean and beefy without losing any of the charm found in the previous game. From the demo, id seems to be defying all odds by bringing fans a game that turns everything players loved about 2016’s DOOM up one notch. Nothing in the demo left unsatisfactory feelings. The only thing left to be desired upon leaving the game was more DOOM.

E3 2019 hands-on: DOOM Eternal builds on an already great formula in intelligent ways (Critical Hit)

If there’s anything succinct to say about DOOM Eternal now, it’s that this sequel hasn’t lost touch with what made the reboot great. It retains the same attitude of the Doomguy and his inherent mythos, while also putting the unrelenting action at the forefront with smart changes to make it feel like a step forward instead of to the side. There are more facets of DOOM to engage with now that it feels like learning it all over again, but without having to forget about lessons learnt in the past. If you didn’t know better you’d say that Eternal was just an immediate continuation of the game before it, with Doomguy not missing a step and simply continuing to grow his arsenal even more.

DOOM Eternal is More Arcade Than Ever And That’s okay – E3 2019 Hands-On (Glitched)

At E3 2019 I was able to sit down with Bethesda’s upcoming DOOM Eternal. I walked away pleasantly surprised. Bethesda has taken a very different approach with DOOM Eternal by focusing on all the “arcady” features that made the reboot so great and improving not only the exploration features but also the overall combat. From the moment I started moving the camera and firing my gun, it was clear I was playing a DOOM game and it was as fast and intense as ever with more blood than I could ever ask for.

Doom Eternal Is A "Fantasy Combat Puzzle", But What Does That Mean? (Gamespot interview)

Doom Eternal, then, is undoubtedly more Doom, albeit with an even more concerted attempt to marry movement with shooting to force players to be more mobile and aggressive. I spoke with id Software creative director Hugo Martin and executive producer Marty Stratton to find out exactly how they wanted to build on the success of the last game, the link between difficulty and "content" with a game, and why they wanted to have their game on Google's new streaming Stadia platform.

Hands-On: The Highs and Lows of DOOM Eternal At E3 2019 (GameCrate)

DOOM Eternal looks and plays like it belongs in 2019, this ridiculously futuristic-sounding year in which we live. It's the kind of videogame that might have been shown in "the future" in some 1980s time travel movie. Just describing it - an ultra-fast, ultra-violent shooter with a heavy metal soundtrack in which you kill aliens and demons across Mars, Hell, and Heaven - sounds like you're coming up with an over-the-top parody videogame for an episode of The Simpsons.

• 1 month later...

This is so bloody stupid that it's absolutely wonderful :lol:

At the Doom Eternal panel at QuakeCon today, we got to watch creative director Hugo Martin play part of the game, which was followed by questions from the Slayers Club (the official Doom fan club). A question about the source of Doomguy's incredible strength was asked, which naturally led to a discussion about the Slayer's workout routine and whether or not he spends a lot of time at the gym.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The DOOM64 news kinda sucks too. I was looking forward to playing that again. It's like a forgotten gem in the DOOM series. I played the crap out of it back in the day.

I still have it on the N64, but my brain can't control a 1st person shooter on with the N64 controller anymore. It's too different from dual stick controls and I just can't do it. I'm sure I could eventually adapt, but meh.

It says it comes with a pre-order, but I pre-ordered on Amazon... so I'm guessing that doesn't include it? Do I need to pre-order it digitally on the Xbox itself? Anyone know?