DOOM Eternal OT - Raze Hell, update: "Official GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 4K Ray Tracing Gameplay" trailer

It might be strange, but I'm equally looking forward to the port of Doom 64.  I've been playing through the campaigns + add-ons for Doom and Doom II and it's remarkable how well these games hold up and how immediately fun they are.  Some of the levels are confusing, but most everything about the design of these games is brilliant.

I went to play DOOM 64 last night only to discover that both of my Xbox One Controllers have now been broken by my children. I knew one was broken (bad analog stick drift, which is now so bad I consider it completely unusable...) and one that looks like it was in a car accident with the right bumper hanging off like someone kicked it down a flight of metal stairs or something.

Amazon doesn't have controllers in stock until next week and now is a really really really bad time to be spending any money on anything frivolous like an Xbox controller. Ugh. I could go to Best Buy, but that also seems frivolous and it will cost $15 bucks more than at Amazon.

I might try to order replacement bumpers. I think that's the prudent thing to do, but that's also a next week solution. I hate literally everything about everything in the fucking world right now. The entire fucking world is ending, I'm pretty sure there is at least a 50% chance that I may end up losing my job because of all of this nonsense... and I'm going on like 8 straight days of being home alone with crazy restless kids who are literally fighting like 90% of the waking day... my wife is in a terrible rotten mood every single days because of work shit... and all I want to do is play fucking doom. That's all I want. That's it. One small nice thing that's happening in this giant shitball, and nope.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ort said:

I went to play DOOM 64 last night only to discover that both of my Xbox One Controllers have now been broken by my children. I knew one was broken (bad analog stick drift, which is now so bad I consider it completely unusable...) and one that looks like it was in a car accident with the right bumper hanging off like someone kicked it down a flight of metal stairs or something.

Amazon doesn't have controllers in stock until next week and now is a really really really bad time to be spending any money on anything frivolous like an Xbox controller. Ugh. I could go to Best Buy, but that also seems frivolous and it will cost $15 bucks more than at Amazon.

I might try to order replacement bumpers. I think that's the prudent thing to do, but that's also a next week solution. I hate literally everything about everything in the fucking world right now. The entire fucking world is ending, I'm pretty sure there is at least a 50% chance that I may end up losing my job because of all of this nonsense... and I'm going on like 8 straight days of being home alone with crazy restless kids who are literally fighting like 90% of the waking day... my wife is in a terrible rotten mood every single days because of work shit... and all I want to do is play fucking doom. That's all I want. That's it. One small nice thing that's happening in this giant shitball, and nope.

There is only one solution: drive your children to a heavily wooded area and leave them there.

Bethesda apparently broke its own Denuvo protection for Doom Eternal

When Bethesda announced that Doom Eternal would be using Denuvo protection for its digital rights management, industry watchers assumed it would buy the game at least a short period of retail availability without a piratable "cracked" version showing up on the Internet. When the game launched, though, users quickly discovered the Bethesda Launcher version apparently included a DRM-free copy of the game's executable sitting in plain sight amid the download package.

new girl facepalm GIF by Fox TV