DOOM Eternal OT - Raze Hell, update: "Official GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 4K Ray Tracing Gameplay" trailer

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Doom trilogy on Switch since it was heavily discounted, and I'm having a blast with Doom I and II.  I didn't realize how well they hold up, and the add ons are all really fun.  I'm also working my way through Doom 2016 again and it's way better than I remembered.  I'm really excited for this one now.

4 minutes ago, Moa said:

I just immediately went from replaying the game in anticipation of eternal to replaying on Nightmare. Once you kind of know the levels and strategy it's a pretty fast play-through.

Do you unlock Nightmare once you beat the game?  I think Ultra-Violence is the highest difficulty available for me right now.

24 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Do you unlock Nightmare once you beat the game?  I think Ultra-Violence is the highest difficulty available for me right now.

Yeah, I initially was struggling with it but I feel like as you progress through the game and get the more critical upgrades you outscale the demons pretty quickly.

PC requirements:

Minimum Settings:

CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better / AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) / AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), Radeon R9 290 (4GB), RX 470 (4GB)
HDD: 50GB available space

Recommended Settings:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K or better / AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) / AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB); for 1080p/60fps: GTX 1060 (6GB), GeForce 970 (4GB) / AMD RX 480 (8GB)

Ultra-Nightmare Settings:

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K or better / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080Ti (11GB) / AMD Radeon VII (16GB)

I only have an i7-9700K, but I do have 32GB of RAM. @Mr.Vic20 think your three RTX Titan's can run it? :p

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Moa said:

Yeah, this is the most excited I've been for a game in quite a while and the first time I've preordered a game in years.

Have you ever played Doom 64?  I saw that it's a bonus for preordering.  Playing 64 feels like a no brainer, but I've been holding off on pre-ordering the game so far.

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Have you ever played Doom 64?  I saw that it's a bonus for preordering.  Playing 64 feels like a no brainer, but I've been holding off on pre-ordering the game so far.

Apparently the DOOM 64 port doesn't come out until the game does. I just wanted the doots even though I will probably play two rounds of the multiplayer total.

Awwwww :(

We wanted to share an update from Bethesda Softworks about your DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition pre-order. The DOOM Eternal Official Game Soundtrack, which forms part of the DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition, will not be available on March 20, 2020 as originally intended.

Collector's Edition owners will receive all other items in the edition, including the ultra-high quality, lossless, digital version of the DOOM (2016) Official Game Soundtrack, on March 20, 2020. Bethesda will provide a digital ultra-high quality, lossless version of the new soundtrack to all fans who purchase the Collector's Edition, and is working on plans to deliver the soundtrack as soon as possible after the release date. Bethesda will notify all Collector's Edition owners who redeem their soundtrack code and will update its official channels as soon as the DOOM Eternal Soundtrack is available. There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support.

• Sad 1

Game Information

Game Title: DOOM Eternal

Platforms:

• PC (Mar 20, 2020)
  • PlayStation 4 (Mar 20, 2020)
  • Xbox One (Mar 20, 2020)
  • Nintendo Switch (Dec 31, 2020)

Developer: id Software

Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 89 average - 96% recommended

Critic Reviews

Cubed3 - 10 / 10

The concept of "push-forward combat" is even better this time around, forcing you to be in the moment every moment.

Cultured Vultures - 10 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a bloody masterpiece of glorious violence that may well be the best the series has ever been.

Daily Mirror - 5 / 5 stars

By placing the Doomslayer, and by extension, the player, into the centre of a blood-spattered heavy metal symphony and encouraging them to conduct with a chainsaw, id and Bethesda have conjured a game of the year contender.

Daily Star - 5 / 5 stars

id Software’s magnum opus, an epic of the video game world that’ll be talked about for years to come, Doom Eternal is a triumph.

Game Revolution - 5 / 5 stars

The Doom Slayer has faced many nightmarish opponents and toppled them all, yet his greatest victory might be slaying the impossibly high expectations set by his genre-defining precursors.

GamePitt - 10 / 10

DOOM Eternal is one of the most intense, satisfying, and brutal first-person shooters I’ve played this generation – I love it! id Software and Bethesda have taken everything which was great about DOOM (2016) and built upon the foundations in order to deliver a truly outstanding game which both looks and plays like perfection. The wide range of easy-to-understand upgrades, returning and new foes to slaughter, simply gorgeous visuals, disgusting death-blows, and adrenaline-pumping combat, all come together to create one hell of an amazing game. The only thing that could make this game any better would be more cowbell!

GameSpew - 10 / 10

As the credits rolled after a final boss fight to remember, all we had in our minds was “that was epic”. And that’s exactly what DOOM Eternal is: epic.

Generación Xbox - Spanish - 10 / 10

If you like shooters, do not hesitate, if you like good graphics, do not hesitate, even if the first was somewhat tedious, do not hesitate, because they have solved it.

Guardian - 5 / 5 stars

The latest addition to the demon-slaying franchise is a gorgeously designed gore fest that delivers relentless fun

Nexus - 10 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a hyper-violent, loud, and menacing masterpiece that has, yet again, reclaimed its throne as the king of the shooter.

PowerUp! - 10 / 10

New mechanics, incredible movement and verticality and brutal gunplay combine with flawless level design, top-notch pacing, a spectacular soundtrack and immaculate visuals to make DOOM Eternal essentially perfect.

Press Start - 10 / 10

Doom Eternal is a bigger and better sequel in practically every way.

Tech Advisor - 5 / 5 stars

DOOM was one of the best games of 2016. DOOM Eternal is better. Only the truly puritanical will find anything to dislike in ripping and tearing through the hordes of Hell once again.

TheSixthAxis - 10 / 10

Doom Eternal doesn't just set the bar, it breaks it. Many of the best games of the FPS genre do what has already been done, and can do it really, really well, but Doom Eternal does what no other game has done before, crafting a fast-paced power fantasy that sets your brain cells on fire. It's an addictive exploration of the mythic Doomslayer character that delivers hours of blood-drenched fun, dozens of memorable collectibles, and a fan-pleasing story book-ended with gorgeous worlds and unforgettable music. Doom Eternal is a ripping, tearing masterpiece.

WayTooManyGames - 10 / 10

To sum things up, Id Software had a colossal challenge trying to improve upon what was already perfect, but Cacodemons be praised, they did it. Doom Eternal is one of the most technically advanced games from this entire generation, a masterful achievement in graphics, framerates, gameplay, and sound. It is a game that is hell-bent on giving you a gigantic smile at all times, making you feel like a brutal god of destruction, a force to be reckoned with, someone to be feared.

SomHráč.sk - Czech - 99 / 100

Doom Eternal is a simply amazing pure action game. Once it grabs you, it won't let you go until the very end.

COGconnected - 96 / 100

Doom Eternal is a phenomenal game.

Atomix - Spanish - 95 / 100

Doom Eternal is the perfect evolution of the classic FPS series from id Software. Finally, Bethesda is delivering a game that we deserved. We have a GOTY contender.

AusGamers - 9.5 / 10

Eternal is as much a statement of renewed intent as it is a brilliant slice of first-person action from id. A studio that has taken the simplicity and peerless feel of DOOM 2016, Quake III Arena, and other past glories and expanded that into an experience that also captures the wonder of exploring new alien worlds and locations. To ‘Rip and Tear’ through.

BaziCenter - Persian - 9.5 / 10

Doom Eternal is not only a superb shooter, but carries the DNA of some of the best works by Id Software, and takes the studio back to the good old days of the 90s.

Critical Hit - 9.5 / 10

DOOM Eternal is the most metal game in all of creation. It is rage and fire, the purity of armed combat dialled up to eleven and unleashed on a horde of eyeballs that simply aren't ready for the retina-searing action that's about to burn a new circle of hellish good fun into those ocular organs. Long live the Doom Slayer, long live the king of first-person shooters.

Explosion Network - 9.5 / 10

DOOM Eternal is easily one of this generation's best FPS’s as it rips and tears its way to outdo the first game in every way possible.

Gaming Boulevard - 9.5 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a near perfect game.

Glitched Africa - 9.5 / 10

After hours upon hours of exploring epic locations and fighting deadly demons, DOOM Eternal was done and I had a little warm feeling inside. It is one of the best shooters I have played in a very long time. Its emphasis on exploration and unrivalled fast-paced combat has branched out on its own to deliver an experience like no other. I cannot wait to progress through more weekly challenges, go back and collect the missing items and of course, play the Battlemode. DOOM Eternal has a bright future ahead.

God is a Geek - 9.5 / 10

Doom Eternal is loud, brash, hellishly violent, and 100% entertainment. It might not be the perfect video game, but it absolutely is the perfect Doom game.

IGN - 9.5 / 10

Vaster, magnetic and brutal than ever, DOOM Eternal is a hymn to the frenzy that perfects the reboot formula, extending it beyond measure. Unmissable.

MSPoweruser - 9.5 / 10

Doom Eternal is the true return of id Software’s iconic first-person shooter series. If you thought that Doom 2016 was the ultimate return of classic FPS gameplay, look again. Compared to Eternal, 2016’s hardcore combat was just baby steps. This is the return of Doom: Long Live Doom Eternal!

PPE.pl - Polish - 9.5 / 10

The joy accompanied me from the first grasp of the controller in the paw, because DOOM Eternal is a masterful combination of gameplay and dynamics with content, sound and setting.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 9.5 / 10

DOOM Eternal is simply a really good game. It provides players with a brutal and extreme power fantasy while also presenting a challenge, a tightrope act of balancing that few games can ever accomplish with a masterful hand.

PlayStation Universe - 9.5 / 10

A triumphant celebration of blood, sweat and fury, DOOM Eternal is a genre and generation defining FPS that through some occult ritual, somehow manages to comprehensively blow its 2016 GOTY contending predecessor completely out of the water with remarkable ease.  This one is for the Slayers.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 9.5 / 10

DOOM Eternal came to be one of the best if not the best FPS of the generation, its visually stunning and increasingly challenging, not to mention the possessive soundtracks that pushes you to smile while you Rip and Tear.

PC Gamer - 94 / 100

Doom Eternal is a ceaseless, panicked nightmare that pushes you to point and click with more skill and style than ever before.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9.4 / 10

It doesn't matter who you are, when you play Doom Eternal you will feel as badass as his Doom Slayer. With a fast paced and gory gameplay, this incredible FPS is a must buy to anyone old enough to hold a Shotgun in hand and shoot demons in the face!

Game Informer - 9.3 / 10

The 2016 game now looks like a primer for a much more elaborate battle against the forces of hell

PushStartPlay - 9.3 / 10

This is one of the most fun and oddly therapeutic games that I’ve played.  Simply put, Doom Eternal is a clear game of the year contender

Everyeye.it - Italian - 9.2 / 10

In short, Doom Eternal is confirmed as the worthy heir of its predecessor, as well as an absolute must have for first-person shooter enthusiasts.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 92 / 100

DOOM Eternal is an example of how to make a great sequel. Doesn't break with the 2016 game and allows us to embody a character that is a demon killer. It makes us feel powerful and is one of the most brutal games we've enjoyed in a long time.

Worth Playing - 9.2 / 10

Doom Eternal is a hellishly frantic shooter that puts me closer to heart attack levels than I care to admit — and I love every second of it.

Xbox Achievements - 92 / 100

A proper thrill-ride, DOOM Eternal is the sequel to DOOM 2016 that we wanted, and then some. Going to hell has never been so damn heavenly.

Spaziogames - Italian - 9.1 / 10

Doom Eternal is a mad and frantic trip to hell, the best game in the series and a new height of excellence for the FPS genre.

CGMagazine - 9 / 10

Ultimately, Doom Eternal is a violent and visceral tribute to single-player shooters, one that rewards skilled players and punishes those who may think they already know everything there is to know about the first-person shooter genre.

DualShockers - 9 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a drastic improvement over its predecessor in every way and sees the Doom Slayer reclaiming his throne in the shooter genre.

Game Debate - 9 / 10

DOOM Eternal is an absolutely insane roller coaster ride of emotions, and is a truly fantastic game.

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

Doom Eternal is all about luxury fights, incredible graphics, gorgeous landscapes, interesting levels, a powerful soundtrack and a complex lore that will really surprise the fans. id Software reminded us of what a proper single-player shooter is. The project only lacks an interconnected world and a variety of real bosses. May be we can get this in the next game?

GamePro - German - 90 / 100

Doom Eternal is a brutal shooter gem that requires a lot of comprehension, but never takes itself too seriously.

GameSkinny - 9 / 10 stars

Doom Eternal absolutely delivers on all-fronts by blasting us with one of the most intense and satisfying single-player shooter campaigns in years.

Gamers Heroes - 90 / 100

Doom Eternal is completely badass. The soundtrack, the level design, the combat – it all comes together to create a package of adrenaline-fueled rage and destruction. Put simply, it's the best first-person shooter of this generation.

GamesBeat - 90 / 100

Just when you thought power fantasies couldn’t get any better, Doom Eternal comes along with its universe of blood and gore to put you in a state of flow.

GamingBolt - 9 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a worthy sequel to a storied franchise, a celebration of all things DOOM, and one of the finest single-player first-person shooters ever made. Rip and tear, Slayers.

IGN - 9 / 10

Doom Eternal is one of the best first-person shooter campaigns in years. Its brand of fun remains unmatched in FPSes.

Jump Dash Roll - 9 / 10

Gory and gorgeous, Doom Eternal has upped the ante with a more thoughtful approach to its fast-paced combat.

Just Push Start - 4.5 / 5

The best praise I can give DOOM Eternal is that it feels exactly the way I thought it would be based on the trailers. It's fast, crazy and you can go from slicing demons head off to chainsawing an enemy in half in the span of four seconds. The campaign does a good job of highlighting these mechanics, with Battlemode offering plenty of replayability, making DOOM Eternal an easy choice for anyone looking for an action-packed adventure or something to unwind with during this stressful time.

Oyungezer Online - Turkish - 9 / 10

I don't think I'd exaggerate if I say 'the game with the best FPS mechanics ever

PCGamesN - 9 / 10

Id stumbles very occasionally in its ambition to expand on 2016, but you won’t care when you’re enjoying the best combat in shooters. Pure, animalistic catharsis.

PCWorld - 4.5 / 5 stars

Doom Eternal kicks ass. It's smarter than it looks, faster than it looks, and somehow even more fun than it looks. A triumph—except for the platforming.

PSX Extreme - 9 / 10

Supremely difficult, extremely rewarding and, above all else, absolutely unrelenting, id Software has once again set the bar for the hyper-violent twitch shooter genre with Doom Eternal.

Pure Xbox - 9 / 10

DOOM Eternal takes the hugely solid foundations laid down in 2016's excellent franchise reboot and adds more of absolutely everything. This is a bigger, faster, funnier, more relentless and endlessly replayable game than its predecessor and it's one that gives you a ton more variety in how you go about dishing out death to the hordes of hell that await you across its meaty single player campaign. It looks stunning, plays beautifully and is quite simply one of the most strategic, intense and hugely satisfying first-person shooters we've ever played.

Push Square - 9 / 10

DOOM Eternal delivers one of the best FPS campaigns of all time.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 9 / 10

Doom Eternal will rip and tear your expectations, because this is one of the best FPS games in a long time.

Screen Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

DOOM Eternal is a fantastic game, taking all of the elements which made DOOM 2016 such a surprisingly enjoyable reboot of the franchise and implementing dozens of new concepts in a way which makes the entire experience feel fresh all over again.

SomosXbox - Spanish - 9 / 10

Zero doubts if you think about acquiring DOOM Eternal on Xbox One. Tear apart and tear apart.

Stevivor - 9 / 10

I can’t emphasise how much fun Doom Eternal is to play and that’s what really counts.

TechRaptor - 9 / 10

Doom Eternal is pure, unadulterated mayhem that indulges in its own brutality, creating a sinfully fun first-person shooter. The multiplayer may be nothing to write home about, but the campaign deserves your undivided attention.

The Digital Fix - 9 / 10

Despite its rather lacklustre story, and irritating platforming mechanics, Doom Eternal takes all the best elements from its prequel, polishes, refines and adds a mixture of new strategy, combat and gunplay elements to produce one of the most enjoyable FPS on the market today.

Twinfinite - 4.5 / 5

Doom Eternal is far more than gore, double jumps, and brutal executions. It’s an impeccably designed game that perfectly balances every single aspect of its action to create one of the most challenging, exhausting, and consistently fun shooters in years.

WellPlayed - 9 / 10

A technical marvel that continues the DOOM franchise's reinvigoration of the modern FPS

Windows Central - 4.5 / 5 stars

DOOM marches back to the gates of hell with confidence, but some of its attempts to try new things fall flat. Literally.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 8.7 / 10

Despite not being very convinced by its triple system of obtaining combat resources, Doom Eternal is as frantic as you might expect. A long campaign with inspired arenas... not accompanied by an interesting story despite the narrative efforts.

Bazimag - Persian - 8.5 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a worthy sequel for Doom 2016; Even though its evolution is not as It should have been. Despite all the improvements, the game has a few flaws that don't let the game be a completely flawless shooter. That being said, DOOM Eternal is not only one of the best first-person shooters of 8th generation, but is one of the best first-person shooters ever created and just like the previous installment is different than other titles in its genre. Fast and delightful gameplay alongside eye-catching visuals and great soundtrack, have brought an immensely thrilling experience that you can't find anywhere else.

Destructoid - 8.5 / 10

Doom Eternal keeps the strong foundation built back in 2016 intact, while adding some of its own panache in the process. I think we can officially declare that the last iteration wasn't just a lone fluke, and that Doom is back in the shooter spotlight where it belongs.

Flickering Myth - 8.5 / 10

Doom Eternal is just about everything fans could want a Doom sequel to be; muscular, intense, and compulsively addictive, complete with one of the best single-player FPS campaigns in years.

GameGrin - 8.5 / 10

A great, if disjointed, continuation of the demon killing franchise. Visually stunning, tight controls and satisfying combat make for an exciting and enjoyable experience.

GameWatcher - 8.5 / 10

Hell hath no fury like a Doom Slayer pissed off

Gamersky - Chinese - 8.5 / 10

Overall Doom Eternal looks gorgeous, shoots sweetly and contains tremendous fun when played against other bloodthirsty players. But it is still lack of some polish on multiplayer gameplay contents.

LevelUp - Spanish - 8.5 / 10

Doom Eternal is one of the best FPS that exists today. We can even say that it far exceeds the original. However, not everything shines with the same intensity; the story is confusing and unnecessary, the platform sections are tedious, the new visual identity is generic. In general, you can notice a change of direction towards a game as a service for the wrong reasons. Doom Eternal finds himself caught in the eternal conflict of finding his own identity.

3DNews - Russian - 8 / 10

DOOM Eternal is, probably, the fastest and most brutal shooter on the market. But reworked combat system, a lot of (not so fluent) platforming elements and some other small issues here and there are keeping the sequel from beating the almost perfect DOOM 2016.

Areajugones - Spanish - 8 / 10

DOOM returns to offer us another installment loaded with wonderful and vertical battles full of rawness and to rhythm of heavy metal. Although they have impressed us again in the shooter aspect, DOOM Eternal adds more content to the game, as well as parts of the platform, which we do not see clearly its contribution and make us miss the simplicity of this franchise.

Cerealkillerz - German - 8 / 10

Doom Eternal enters the FPS-Arena with lots of gameplay/enemy variety und a lot more fast paced action. Sadly that is everything good the game brings to the table. The game doesn't do much to overtrump its predecessor and the game could live without a lot of the new features better, especially the battlemode multiplayer. If you looking for just some more Doom, you'll still get some fun out of it.

EGM - 8 / 10

As long as Doom Eternal didn't stray too far from its predecessor, it was going to be a good game. But id Software comes surprisingly close to muddying everything with new mechanics. The flamethrower and rechargeable chainsaw give you more options during battle, but they can also feel like unnecessary additions. Still, a deeper lore, a banging soundtrack, and plenty of demons to gib leave Doom Eternal in a happy place—relatively speaking.

GameSpot - 8 / 10

Doom Eternal intensifies the battles with Hell's hordes by requiring you to constantly calculate the best ways to rip, tear, and stay alive.

Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

DOOM Eternal is a good sequel to the 2016 game, and adds interesting platform phases.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

When everything comes together, Doom Eternal’s combat, mobility and levels combine to create one of the most satisfying gameplay loops and FPS campaigns in years. The Doom Slayer came, he sawed and he lived up to his reputation.

Metro GameCentral - 8 / 10

A significant improvement on the reboot and while there are still a few flaws the core combat is some of the best in any first person shooter this generation.

Niche Gamer - 8 / 10

The annoying self-aware memes can be ignored, and if you don’t care for Doom guy depicted in third person cutscenes, they are easily skipped. Doom Eternal lives up to its name in proving that it is going to be here for a long time.

NoobFeed - 80 / 100

DOOM Eternal takes everyone players loved about DOOM and gives us more. With the Doom Slayer ripping and tearing through hordes of demons in various closed arenas. DOOM Eternal provides classic FPS action for the modern age that demands precision and mobility as the demons of Hell try to tear the flesh from your bones. But despite the strong campaign issues with how the lore is delivered and lacking multiplayer options hinder this incredible title.

OnlySP - 4 / 5 stars

DOOM Eternal is as much of a benchmark in design for id Software and Bethesda as it is the entire genre of FPS games as a whole.

Paste Magazine - 8 / 10

I ran, I jumped, I killed. And I died. A lot. And these days, that's enough.

Post Arcade (National Post) - 8 / 10

Id Software's latest shooter is truly a gamer's game, fully focused on glorified violence and addictive action

Shacknews - 8 / 10

As a whole, Doom Eternal is a solid game, and a great sequel.

TrustedReviews - 4 / 5 stars

Doom (2016) turns things up to 11 for the beloved demon-mulching shooter series. With Doom Eternal, id Software cranks the volume up to 20. There’s a booming soundtrack, pulse-raising action and stunning hellish landscapes aplenty, but the sequel still isn’t without its flaws.

USgamer - 4 / 5 stars

Doom Eternal mostly manages to avoid the bloat that plagues other sequels, but it also roughs up that perfect pacing with more lore, sometimes muddy platforming, and more collectibles to find.

VG247 - 4 / 5 stars

This is the strongest Doom has ever been.

VideoGamer - 8 / 10

It's only when you stop playing, feeling somehow frazzled, energised, and jittery, that you realise the game has as much in common with the audiovisual arts as it does with a double-shot of espresso.

GameZone - 7.5 / 10

Doom Eternal's issues feel like a victim of ambition. They wanted to double down on the balls to the walls craziness and instead of saying no to some ideas, it feels like they crammed absolutely everything into the game. While Eternal manages to still be very fun and a worthy entry in this legendary franchise, it needs to realize there is such a thing as too much of a good thing sometimes.

Cheat Code Central - 3.5 / 5

It’s weird to feel so disappointed by something so awesome. DOOM Eternal is a constant state of whiplash between being in absolute awe at the game’s mechanical brilliance, only to be snatched in the extreme opposite direction by stale storytelling and environmental padding.

GamesRadar+ - 3.5 / 5 stars

Doom Eternal is a smart iteration of what came before it that occasionally stumbles under its own desire to evolve

Slant Magazine - 3.5 / 5 stars

There's something primal and thrilling to id Software's further embrace of video-gamey conventions.

Thumbsticks - 3 / 5 stars

Doom Eternal features all the raw, raucous action of the 2016 reboot, but for reasons we can’t comprehend, is dragged out to an interminable length. Technically solid, blistering in parts, but lacking in soul.

ACG - Buy

Fast paced with a unique combination of combat and platforming. While not perfect, it is a fantastic ride.

Ars Technica - Unscored

Doom Eternal is a thrilling return to form and a high-water mark for fast-paced twitch shooting. Buy it.

Eurogamer - No Recommendation / Blank

An even faster and bloodier but slightly wayward follow-up to a thunderous shooter reboot.

Expansive - Loved

Just thinking about the game’s rip-roaring heavy metal soundtrack, hordes of enemies, killer arsenal set, and speedy action is making my heart pump. DOOM Eternal takes what you loved about the 2016 reboot, and makes it louder, faster, more graphic, intense and involving.

GameXplain - Loved

Video Review - Quote not available

Player2.net.au - B+

A far more brutal experience than its predecessor, Doom Eternal isn’t for the weak, but master the ruleset and you’re in for a hell of a time.

Polygon - Polygon Recommends

Doom Eternal’s power fantasy is funny, playful, and a welcome break

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - RPS Bestest Bests

Doom Eternal is a lot like the last game, but better.

Wccftech - Unscored

Until then, I'll just keep it simple. Doom Eternal is a brilliant game, one that is a worthy successor to the previous release. While the game does stumble here and there, trying to be something that it really shouldn't be, the outstanding gameplay more than makes up for any issues. Going by the campaign alone, Doom Eternal is well worth your time and money, particularly so if you liked Doom.

On 6/10/2019 at 4:21 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

I think this is my 1 must-buy this year. 

Absolutely!!

Just bought this from CD keys. Deluxe Edition 71.95 it's a Bethesda key but oh well. Plus it's all ready preinstalled. Love that. Cant wait to rip hell a new one, Again!!