Ghostwire: Tokyo (Tango Gameworks) - update: Xbox Series/Game Pass release on April 12 including free "Spider's Thread" update (new areas, more cutscenes, new skills, etc.) for all platforms

The game's Creative Director (the cool Japanese lady on stage at Bethesda's E3 show) has departed Tango Gameworks.

In a surprise announcement via Twitter, creative director of the upcoming game Ghostwire: Tokyo, Ikumi Nakamura, stated that she is leaving Tango Gameworks and Bethesda/Zenimax. She made a huge splash at E3 2019 when she gave a presentation for the reveal of Ghostwire: Tokyo and charmed everyone with her own charisma. She spent nine years with the studio and was a lead art designer for both The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2. She also worked on Bayonetta with Platinum Games and Okami with Capcom.

• Sad 2

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I think this looks really cool one of my favorite ones from the presentation... What's everyone's problem with it?

I don't think it looks awful or anything just based on the credentials and the initial impression I was expecting some sort of Survival Horror-ish direction I guess. It looks...really not like that and I'm not really sure what's happening in the gameplay other than some extremely boring looking FPS-ish shenanigans. I reserve full judgment until I see more as always but I don't get it I guess. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghostwire: Tokyo (Tango Gameworks) - update: release delayed to early 2022
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghostwire: Tokyo (Tango Gameworks) - update: "Hannya" Official Gameplay Trailer
  • 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghostwire: Tokyo (Tango Gameworks, 25 March 2022) - update: "February 2022 Official Showcase" video, March 25 release announced
35 minutes ago, HardAct said:

This just looked so bad to me. I loved the Evil within 1 & 2, this is so odd! Odd isn't a bad thing but seems like they are trying to do everything to hard. I do gott'a say, those face masks are ummmm, not popular here lol

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel after watching that. Looks like a game I would definitely have to get a feel for. 

And yeah, what's up with those face masks they are wearing lol. They look like a half spit guard or something. 

I think this Kotaku article really does nail what this game is supposed to be:

4e98becb19f6684993a955146f18b6d2.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Tango Gameworks' paranormal immersive sim also gives off some Jujutsu Kaisen and Scarlet Nexus vibes

or maybe this comparison:

Screenshot-171-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Long-awaited peek at PS5-console exclusive finally looks like captivating horror.

14 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I think this Kotaku article really does nail what this game is supposed to be:

4e98becb19f6684993a955146f18b6d2.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Tango Gameworks' paranormal immersive sim also gives off some Jujutsu Kaisen and Scarlet Nexus vibes

or maybe this comparison:

Screenshot-171-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Long-awaited peek at PS5-console exclusive finally looks like captivating horror.

But Dishonored is all about movement and slick play. The videos they're showing is the player strolling around window shopoing and then spamming attacks at seemingly almost stationary enemies. I really dig the whole vibe of it and like that they're doing something else but the gameplay is a huge ???? to me.

Of course it was. I still want the Evil Within 3. The "big map" (not quite open world but also not linear) nature of 2 was extremely intriguing to me, and I liked it far more than the first game.

The first game did have a few more stylistic and visually arresting moments, but nowhere near enough to make up for the jank.