Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Where you been?

For some reason I didn't think there was anything tonight :p I was playing Gris after finishing Katana Zero (both great games). I think I'm happy with that distraction, but I do love to see anything on Cyberpunk!

Disappointed with the April release date.  I try to scale by my gaming back come april and spend more time outside. This game hits literally as the weather starts to get nice and now Im gonna be glued to my TV for a month or more. Sucks. I was hoping for a holiday 19 release or worst case Feb 20 release (which probably wouldve been ideal). 

Articles and Videos:

We've seen another 50 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay - is it cyberpunk yet? (Eurogamer)

There's still no availability for an actual hands on with the gameplay here but, at least, there is another near fifty-minute demo we were able to see behind closed doors. It was played live by someone from CD Projekt Red, and much of what we've come to know about Cyberpunk 2077 already is clearly evident. It's still beautiful and vast, still a technological marvel, at least to my layperson eyes, still extraordinarily detailed.

You can finish Cyberpunk 2077 without killing anyone (PC Gamer)

During the lastest hands-off demo of Cyberpunk 2077 at this year's E3, it was confirmed that you'll be able to finish the entire game without killing anyone. CD Projekt Red tells us that this is a change the team made based on fan feedback and survey cards handed out at E3 last year. 

Cyberpunk 2077: Thoughts After Seeing 50 Minutes of New Gameplay - E3 2019 (IGN)

This vertical slice was entirely new gameplay, with no overlap with what we saw at E3 2018 (that demo eventually went public after Gamescom), but it was also incredibly similar in structure and presentation: Establish V as the main character, have them walk around talking to folk a bit, assault a facility full of baddies, end with a big story moment.

Check Out Cyberpunk 2077's Crazy Cool E3 Booth (IGN)

Last year, Cyberpunk 2077's E3 demo had us visit (IRL) a hip nightclub overlooking Night City. This year, it takes us down into a grungy underground dive covered wall-to-wall with awesome references to CD Projekt Red's dystopian future.

Keanu Reeves Was ‘Blown Away’ By Fan Reaction to E3 Appearance (Variety)

Keanu Reeves clearly didn’t know what he was getting himself into.  Plans for the star of “John Wick 3” to make a guest appearance in the middle of Microsoft’s Xbox press conference during the annual E3 show in LA this week was a closely held secret.

Cyberpunk 2077: NVIDIA Partnership Brings Ray Tracing To Hugely-Anticipated Game (NVIDIA)

For Cyberpunk 2077, we’ve partnered with CD PROJEKT RED as an official technology partner to bring real-time ray tracing to the game.

Keanu Reeves Is More Than A Cameo In Cyberpunk 2077 (Game Informer) - WARNING: kinda spoiler-y

CD Projekt Red won over the E3 crowd at the Microsoft Press Conference by bringing actor Keanu Reeves on stage to announce his involvement in the project. It’s been one of the most talked about moments from the show so far. While we saw Reeves’ likeness in the game in a brief scene, we didn’t get much more on his role or the extent of it in the game. Today at E3, I was able to get more clarity on his involvement, and it’s much more than a cameo.

E3 2019: How Cyberpunk 2077 Got Keanu Reeves (Gamespot)

Everyone had their breath taken away when prolific action star Keanu Reeves revealed Cyberpunk 2077's release date on Microsoft's E3 2019 stage. We know Reeves will play the "legendary rockerboy" Johnny Silverhand, but how CD Projekt Red got the Canadian-American actor to be involved with the upcoming first-person shooter has remained a mystery--until now. We sat down with senior level designer Miles Tost to talk about how the Polish developer recruited Reeves.

CD Projekt Red Shares More On Size And Scope Of Cyberpunk 2077 (Game Informer)

Previously, CD Projekt Red confirmed Cyberpunk 2077 would have six districts, but the information was light on specifics. Today, Tomaszkiewicz shed more light on the sheer amount of things and people you'll encounter in them, and it's much more plentiful than we anticipated. 

In Cyberpunk 2077, Keanu Reeves is the key to immortality (Techradar)

Cyberpunk 2077 has always been a game full of surprises. From its initial debut, to the trailer that showed completely destructible environments, to Microsoft’s press conference that had Keanu Reeves on-stage to talk about the game  – Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the strangest, most interesting games we’ve seen in the last few years.   And it’s about to get even weirder. 

Cyberpunk 2077 First Look: Demo Shows Playing Style Options, Keanu (Tom's Hardware)

Cyberpunk 2077 was displayed here at E3 in a hands-off, behind-closed-doors demo. Developer CD Projekt Red warned that the game is a work in project before showing about 50 minutes of some actual gameplay. Unfortunately, no photos, videos or even audio recording was allowed.

This year's Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demo is staggering in scope and detail (PC Gamer)

Cyberpunk 2077 feels like Deus Ex with an obscene budget and Keanu Reeves. Like a thing that we will conceivably play and finish in April of 2020. It exists. The demo wasn't a revelation in game design, even if the technology and art direction is staggering in scope and detail. This is CD Projekt pulling back the curtain and tamping down the cumulative years of excitement to remind everyone that it's made a very large role-playing game and that it looks very nice and that it's coming out soon. Here's what I saw and what I thought about it.

Cyberpunk 2077's E3 demo has weak gunplay and unimaginative stereotypes (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)

At some point, Cyberpunk 2077 has to evolve from a visually impressive – yes Keanu, even breathtaking – world and into something more interesting. I want more than meat and gun oil: I want moral dilemmas and a thoughtful exploration of transhumanism. More importantly, I want the game not to lean on racial stereotypes. After CD Projekt Red’s latest E3 demo, I’m concerned on both fronts.  I have seen the face of Cyberpunk, and it’s got blemishes

We Saw Even More Cyberpunk 2077 | E3 2019 (Gamespot)

Cyberpunk 2077: Our Thoughts On 50 Minutes of New Gameplay - E3 2019 (IGN)

Secret message from CDPR included in Collector's Edition Unboxing video:

Finally, after months of preparation, we can share with you two big things we have been hard at work on — CP2077's cinematic story trailer and a brand new gameplay demo! Yes, yes, we know — for now, the demo is only available to the lucky ones who managed to get tickets to E3 and the rest of you will have to wait until gamescom or the public dev Q&A unveiling stream at PAX in August. Yeah, we can already feel the bashing you're gonna give us online :(. "Why are you not treating us fair", "why is the gameplay not being released right away?". The reason is we want to make the most out of the months of work we put into the demo and first showcase gameplay live at E3 and gamescom. Releasing gameplay right away would make the gamescom presentations pointless and would significantly limit our chance to build hype. Why do we need to build hype? To get more gamers interested in CP2077 and, hopefully, convince them to give it a go. We are putting our hearts and souls into making CP2077 a great game and we would like as many gamers as possible to find out about it and experience its amazing story. Also, hype can turn into sales (after all, we are not a charity), and good sales allow us to grow, take creative risks and deliver new, great games for you to enjoy.

And let’s not forget about one more super important announcement — the release date. Less than a year from now, on April 16th, 2020, you’ll finally be able to sink your teeth into Cyberpunk 2077.

As you probably noticed, we prepared 2 editions of the game. Why only two? Because when we pre-order ourselves, we don’t like to go to Wikipedia to compare content. We have a simple deal: there’s the standard edition, the one we think most gamers will choose, and a limited Collector’s Edition. While we're pretty proud of the CE, we'd like to turn your attention to that first one. Why? Because we have really maxed out the physical capacity of the box with goodies. We think this raises the bar for "standard" and we hope you'll think so, too. Also, since pre-orders are live, you might be wondering if there’s any point in placing an order now. Yes, if you want to give us some extra support. Pre-orders help us build anticipation — the more copies you pre-order, the more likely it is for us to get retail (both digital and physical) behind the game. Therefore, if you like what you see, we will appreciate you "voting yes" for CP2077 with a pre-order. If you are still hesitating though, we would rather you wait for more materials or reviews. Our goal is for you to truly enjoy CP2077 and not regret a pre-order.

Take care and looking forward to seeing you in Night City! CD PROJEKT RED team

• Jason changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 2019 Information Thread, update - multiple demo impressions posted [RIP people with stingy mobile data caps]

Not sure I saw RPS, but they were not enthused:

Cyberpunk 2077's E3 demo has weak gunplay and unimaginative stereotypes

We’re soon face to face with Placide, a burly Haitian man decked out in dreadlocks and an uncompromising attitude. He’s got the info we need, but he’s also got a job for us – and first he wants to plug into us. Not in a saucy way, but a potentially disastrous one. The developer walking us through the demo says that most people in Cyberpunk have a personal link – a wriggly extendable cable in their wrist. “Handing that over to a skilled netrunner is like handing over the keys to your brain to someone”, he says. V goes ahead and offers up his arm anyway.

Now Placide is in our head too. He tells us we have to go check out a van that’s being guarded by some hired muscle: meatheads, he calls them. “Animals”, he calls them next. It’s their faction name, it turns out, and they’re obsessed with juice. The nature of the juice was not specified.

I’d later ask quest director Mateusz Tomaskiewicz if the factions are more nuanced than they appear. So far, they’ve all been defined by one fixation: juice for the Animals, uploading themselves for the Voodoo Boys. He told me that nuance would appear over the course of the game, and that the Animals would appear again under different circumstances. He didn’t give me any examples of that nuance, mind.

We’re playing as a Netrunner, which means we can hack turrets. It’s a little disappointing that the first example of hacking is so mundane, but soon we’re tapping into robot boxing trainers and gym weights. The robot punches someone’s face off, and a poor fella who’s working out gets his neck crushed. It’s neat, but very Watch Dogs – you’re not being creative, you’re just walking up and pressing a contextual hack button.

Last year’s Gamescom demo drew criticism for its clumsy and inauthentic presentation of a Latino character, and I’m not convinced the Voodoo Boys are a step in the right direction. At one point V, the player character, mockingly says “and who are dem” in response to Placide’s pronunciation.

On a very different note, the shooting looks limp. Bullets pile into people as their healthbars tick down, each shot lacking impact despite goon after goon tumbling to the floor. I’m hoping I won’t need to resort to my gun too often, though: abilities like that turret manhandling spice up what looks like piddly gunplay.

When the demo later switches away from the strong character type and back to controlling the Netrunner, we get up to some more interesting hacking. We use that wrist cable – now in glowing orange “Nanowire” form – to hack someone from a distance. This opens up a menu where we can overload their cyberware, jam their targeting systems, track their squad’s movements, or deploy a handful of other tricks.