Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn low end graphics cards holding err thing back... Or something something.

Right? 😂

my ass bought a GTX 780 at launch back in what? 2013? Somehow you can play cyberpunk with it?! Sure it’ll be low/med settings at 720p or whatever. Still. 

I bought bought a GTX1070 from a board member here couple years ago. Truly haven’t felt the need to upgrade, mainly because I only use a 1440p 60hz monitor and most games run at near high as is. 

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Recommended used to mean you'd get like, high settings at 60ish FPS. At least on most games. Nowadays it just means it won't crash I guess.

Isn’t that minimum? To me minimum means low settings at 30fps.

Recommended means 1080p/30 or 1080p/60 at medium settings in my book. Least that’s how it’s always been. 

7 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Isn’t that minimum? To me minimum means low settings at 30fps.

Recommended means 1080p/30 or 1080p/60 at medium settings in my book. Least that’s how it’s always been. 

This is why it's good when games specify what their recommendations can realistically achieve. "Recommended for 1080p/30FPS" for example. A lot more games are doing it nowadays.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

This is why it's good when games specify what their recommendations can realistically achieve. "Recommended for 1080p/30FPS" for example. A lot more games are doing it nowadays.

Agreed. We’re at a point where it needs to be said what performance you’ll get with “minimum” and “recommended”. 

wasnt always the case. Didn’t always matter like it does now. But it matters. They do need to specify what settings/frame rate/resolution you can expect 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Information Thread (19 November 2020?), update - "Gangs of Night City" and "Postcards from Night City" trailers, PC system requirements
20 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Cool, so maybe he could pretend to be a real journalist for once and get another interview with them to ask about it. What changed, why did they have to change their stance? I hate that douche. 

Schreier is so insufferable that I almost hope video game companies continue to be terrible for the sole purpose of raising his blood pressure. 

• Haha 1

One of the things I read from a developer recently said something along the lines of - games of this size are never finished... they just eventually get released.

I'm not sure that delaying this game another 6 months would prevent them from having a rush to finish up their current bug fixes immediately before release.  From my understanding the game is done but they are trying to polish like crazy.  And that could be a never ending push for perfection.  

The forced overtime sucks for them.  Hopefully they actually get fat profit sharing checks.  Sometimes it is better to not know how the sausage is made.

6 hours ago, number305 said:

One of the things I read from a developer recently said something along the lines of - games of this size are never finished... they just eventually get released.

"Works of art are never finished, they're abandoned." I forgot who said that but it's very true in the film and literary worlds. Probably even more true in game development.