Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

Despite CDPR giving me a refund for my PS4, and me now owning the game for free as a result, I still just do not have any ambition to play this one at this point.  I feel like waiting for the PS5 upgrade as the game still sounds like a terrible experience on consoles.

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Will this game ever get a proper upgrade for the new consoles? Like improved visuals, higher framerate, more NPC's on screen etc? As in getting it closer to the high end PC specs.

Supposedly later this year but I wouldn’t be surprised for 2022 at this point.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

There’s currently a debate going on among Cyberpunk 2077 players about whether yesterday’s 1.23 patch actually did anything to improve the PS4 version of the game, ahead of the re-instatement of the game on the Pla...

Makes you almost wonder if they forgot consoles existed while developing the game.

21 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
cp77-refund-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Version 1.23 approaches 30 fps on base PS4—but still isn't quite enough for PSN.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

There’s currently a debate going on among Cyberpunk 2077 players about whether yesterday’s 1.23 patch actually did anything to improve the PS4 version of the game, ahead of the re-instatement of the game on the Pla...

Lol the embarrassment continues!

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Will this game ever get a proper upgrade for the new consoles? Like improved visuals, higher framerate, more NPC's on screen etc? As in getting it closer to the high end PC specs.

I still want to try the game out but i don't even want to touch it before the PS5 upgrade comes out. They've said later 2021. Even then, I'm wondering if it will be worth the wait. General impression I get is the main game is cool, everything is only so so. Not sure if a next gen upgrade will matter in the end. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I still want to try the game out but i don't even want to touch it before the PS5 upgrade comes out. They've said later 2021. Even then, I'm wondering if it will be worth the wait. General impression I get is the main game is cool, everything is only so so. Not sure if a next gen upgrade will matter in the end. 

SPOILER ALERT: It won't.

5 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

You're correct here. I don't think even a next gen upgrade can save this pos game. So fucking disappointing because prior to release I thought this game was going to be the next Witcher 3. A game you could play for years. :(

"Satisfactory level" of stability :rofl: :rofl::rofl:  

My God - that's quite the admission to have to relay about what was easily one of the most anticipated games of all time!

53364516.jpg

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - CDPR CEO claims that the game has reached a "satisfactory level of stability"
18 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Satisfactory level" of stability :rofl: :rofl::rofl:  

My God - that's quite the admission to have to relay about what was easily one of the most anticipated games of all time!

53364516.jpg

And kind of a stretch to even say!

• 1 month later...

So I’m finally playing this for realz and am somewhere probably past 1/3rd maybe coming up on half way through?

Anyway, took me way too long playing it to even realize blades were a thing and that you could just go that route instead of shooting. And it fucking rules. Man this is so much more fun running around and and vaulting and jumping and sliding and dodging and slicing. Some nice NG2 style kills with the blades too. It’s fun as shit. I still like shooting sometimes but my primary thing to do now is just run in and fuck shit UP.

Story is definitely getting interesting now as well and some of the locations I never drove off to I’m seeing now like the desert and Japan town are breathtaking riding around on my motorcycle.

There is like a really great game here already if you have the pc for it. It’s still a little buggy, but haven’t had anything game breaking and it astonishes more than it disappoints, so far.

The thing that bothers me the most are the large amount of buildings that you can’t enter, like almost all of them, I don’t know why but I had thought until release that it would be more like a Fallout type of thing with being able to enter more buildings. If they still get a chance for expansions I’d love them to not expand the city or add a new area or anything but just add as many new exploitable buildings as possible, the city is enough as is.

I hope they are able to relaunch this proper for current gen consoles and let everyone get the real experience, would be a shame if it stayed a pc exclusive.

Like, why do all the buildings have an open option and then just say can’t open? It’s weird as shit, just don’t prompt at all then. I’m assuming it’s because the plan was you could enter more buildings at first? Maybe that means there is hope for that to be a thing through expansions but idk especially now.

Just now, stepee said:

So I’m finally playing this for realz and am somewhere probably past 1/3rd maybe coming up on half way through?

Anyway, took me way too long playing it to even realize blades were a thing and that you could just go that route instead of shooting. And it fucking rules. Man this is so much more fun running around and and vaulting and jumping and sliding and dodging and slicing. Some nice NG2 style kills with the blades too. It’s fun as shit. I still like shooting sometimes but my primary thing to do now is just run in and fuck shit UP.

Story is definitely getting interesting now as well and some of the locations I never drove off to I’m seeing now like the desert and Japan town are breathtaking riding around on my motorcycle.

There is like a really great game here already if you have the pc for it. It’s still a little buggy, but haven’t had anything game breaking and it astonishes more than it disappoints, so far.

The thing that bothers me the most are the large amount of buildings that you can’t enter, like almost all of them, I don’t know why but I had thought until release that it would be more like a Fallout type of thing with being able to enter more buildings. If they still get a chance for expansions I’d love them to not expand the city or add a new area or anything but just add as many new exploitable buildings as possible, the city is enough as is.

I hope they are able to relaunch this proper for current gen consoles and let everyone get the real experience, would be a shame if it stayed a pc exclusive.

Yeah I highly recommend the speedy blade build! So much fun. And motorcycles in first person at maximum speed in dense traffic.

Oh but I will say, some of the sniper rifles are really satisfying, so I did enjoy mixing it up between snipers and blades.

The game on a high end PC is very solid. Just seems like not much elsewhere :p 

7 minutes ago, legend said:

Yeah I highly recommend the speedy blade build! So much fun. And motorcycles in first person at maximum speed in dense traffic.

Oh but I will say, some of the sniper rifles are really satisfying, so I did enjoy mixing it up between snipers and blades.

The game on a high end PC is very solid. Just seems like not much elsewhere :p 

I was just surprised for this kind of game and I guess since mostly I only hear (deserved) negative things about the game, how well done the action gameplay with the blades is. It’s really fantastic! I also like the precision rifle because it just looks really cool when shooting up dense areas with it.

Also still trying to find out if Keanu phoned in his performance or is really just that bad at voice acting.

Edit: And yeah, speedy blade build, that’s what I’m doing, maximizing athletics, really seems the way to go.

• Like 1

Digital Foundry published a "State of the Game" for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles today:

Cyberpunk 2077: the state of play for PS5 and Xbox Series consoles

As things stand, there's a lot that needs changing with Series X and PS5 versions, just for different reasons. The more consistent 60fps delivery on PS5 is a strong point, but the loading times and low NPC counts are noticeable drawbacks. Meanwhile, with Series X, CDPR clearly needs to tighten up performance.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - Digital Foundry examines latest PS5 and Xbox Series X|S performance
16 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Yeah, still going to wait for the fully baked PS5 version (assuming it ever comes out). 

It really does make you wonder. The game is feature complete. Are they really having that hard of a time adapting the PC version to the PS5 and Series S/X? It's literally been almost a year. I get that they're (we guess) still trying to fix the previous gen versions, but if I had to bet, my money would be on them just dragging it out until people just forget or move on. I doubt they have many people on that.

38 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It really does make you wonder. The game is feature complete. Are they really having that hard of a time adapting the PC version to the PS5 and Series S/X? It's literally been almost a year. I get that they're (we guess) still trying to fix the previous gen versions, but if I had to bet, my money would be on them just dragging it out until people just forget or move on. I doubt they have many people on that.

I think they are waiting for people to sort of forget about the launch, but waiting for that to re-launch on current gen, not just to abandon it.

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Even on midrange pc's it's a good experience, after tinkering with settings it's not bad just not very well optimized. I've got it running pretty much on a mix of medium/high settings and get 60fps on average. A few weird glitches here and there but a simple reload of your most recent save file will quickly fix them.

NPC's, traffic etc there or is it a wasteland? lol

Just now, best3444 said:

NPC's, traffic etc there or is it a wasteland? lol

That stuff should be ok on pc at a medium/high mix, it’s really the cpus more than anything that can’t handle Cyberpunk. The current gen versions are bad because they are just the scaled down shit console versions with fps unlocked. It’ll run great on current gen if/when they release a sku. And yeah you’re gonna love this shit lol.

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

That stuff should be ok on pc at a medium/high mix, it’s really the cpus more than anything that can’t handle Cyberpunk. The current gen versions are bad because they are just the scaled down shit console versions with fps unlocked. It’ll run great on current gen if/when they release a sku. And yeah you’re gonna love this shit lol.

Gotcha. I did play like 3-4 hours on my X when it launched. It was immersive and had my interest but obviously it was unplayable.

I hope to play a fully updated version on the PS5 or XSX some day.