Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It runs better sure, but the game still uderdelivers on what was promised :shrug:

Yet its also one of the best games I played last year. 

I mean, I don't care that patches are delayed a few weeks, and I have full confidence that the game will be fixed.

I had one excellent playthrough with a lot of bugs. When the game is complete and DLC finished, ill do another playthrough for sure.

Yes, the game should have been delayed a year, but a patch delayed a couple of weeks isn't a big deal. Most people are done with it for now, let the team take their time and fix the game. 

If they fix the major complaints (ai, bugs, etc), and get the promised free dlc packs out, along with free next gen upgrades, the game will be every bit as good as Witcher 3. Its certainly a much more interesting world.

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yet its also one of the best games I played last year. 

I mean, I don't care that patches are delayed a few weeks, and I have full confidence that the game will be fixed.

I had one excellent playthrough with a lot of bugs. When the game is complete and DLC finished, ill do another playthrough for sure.

Yes, the game should have been delayed a year, but a patch delayed a couple of weeks isn't a big deal. Most people are done with it for now, let the team take their time and fix the game. 

If they fix the major complaints (ai, bugs, etc), and get the promised free dlc packs out, along with free next gen upgrades, the game will be every bit as good as Witcher 3. Its certainly a much more interesting world.

Great post and it sounds awesome. Hopefully the next gen patch arrives this year. 

P.s. I played a few hours on the Xbox one x and actually did see quality hidden behind the garbage. It was just too buggy and the framerate barely hit 30.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - lead gameplay designer departs CDPR

I uninstalled a month or so ago. When there was some kind of hacker backdoor problem with mods. I didn't have any mods but I kinda felt like CP77 was dead from that point. I just felt like there was no reason to keep it installed anymore. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - Patch 1.2 details released
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They JUST got rid of the T-posing??? :|

So I’m on a fresh install of Windows and currently am running stock and freshly downloaded the new version. Not intentionally, but it’s just what I was doing when I saw this came out. Anyway, my initial impressions aren’t great, so far I clicked on the game and it gave an error and failed to launch, steam found two files that didn’t validate after I scanned and now it’s downloading 9gb more. So far so good.

edit: that did fix it at least lol

I had beaten the game a few days before 1.2, but having been popping back in to mess around. I feel like I'm getting a lot of texture pop-in or sometimes no textures at all with this patch.

Regardless, I still actually really liked the game and have been debating whether doing another playthrough or waiting until some DLC drops.

It definitely feels like the goal now is to get the game back on PlayStation, finish up the next gen versions and call it a day. I don’t think we will see any significant DLC for this game. This game will be on Game Pass in 2021. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would like the AI to be less jank, the characters kind of look glitchy still how they move around. 

I was pleasantly surprised last night though when I turned it on to check it out in a post Rachet world, and tried using dlss ultra performance with psycho ray tracing, and the iq actually isn’t bad! Maybe because I’ve been playing so much ps5 and I’m getting that AF boost on pc along with dlss ultra performance against 1440pish reconstructed which I guess holds up nicely. Just maxed everything out and locked to 60 even in crowded areas like that.

Probably can’t use it on a monitor, but sitting back from a tv 4k ultra performance is worth a try!

I just finished this last night on PC.  Enjoyed it overall, but still a let down when putting it up against Witcher 3.  And a lot of its issues I'm not sure are fixable.

A lot of the Missions and side missions were done pretty well, but everything else, along with some of the pacing, just felt off to me.

• Thanks 1

cp77-refund-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Version 1.23 approaches 30 fps on base PS4—but still isn't quite enough for PSN.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

There’s currently a debate going on among Cyberpunk 2077 players about whether yesterday’s 1.23 patch actually did anything to improve the PS4 version of the game, ahead of the re-instatement of the game on the Pla...

• Shocked 2