Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

10 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

Ahh kind of a bummer, she's asking me why I haven't played it yet but been hesitant to open it. Maybe I can have her get a refund or something, maybe get it on PC instead but not sure how my old gaming rig would handle it... haven't really used it much until the last week or so.

It's i5-8600k stock, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB.

6 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

Pro, eventually I'll get the PS5 but probably not for a few years or whenever the first price drop happens... whichever happens first. She got me the physical copy, I believe it says I can swap for a digital copy of the PS5 version or something like that.

Oof, that's kind of rough and disappointing. Damn I was so hyped for this, it's a shame it's such a mess. Now I'm not so sure if I want to risk trying on PC.

So, on the Pro, it’s supposedly not too bad - it’s mostly the launch/base systems that are unplayable. If you switch to the PC version, you could likely run in low-medium settings (PS4 Pro/X1X settings) at a locked 30fps at 1080p.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Well, it is at first. You gotta level up your gun handling skills and get better guns and the handling gets better, because that's the logical RPG progression of gun handling and gun mechanics in the game (as you know).

But it is definitely floaty at first because you aren't supposed to be that good at guns at first. It's intentional since as I leveled up I definitely saw improvement.

I actually put a bunch of points in reflex and pistol during character creation, so I guess maybe I never had to deal with the floaty gunplay.

On 1/1/2021 at 2:22 PM, Greatoneshere said:

I had not so that probably does explain it.

I don't think so. The max you can go up to is 6 in the character creation screen and default is 3. I doubt a lot changes in that with 3 points.

• Thanks 1

Ok,

So quite a bit further into this game now and still I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. I haven't stopped playing it and that does say a lot when your referring to me & gaming. Mainly because even though I hate it, I often won't let a game drag me along very long if im not getting much from it! I stop out of the blue in most games, and almost never look back. I never chase an achievement or a trophy and my Gametags all show just that {HardAct fucking everywhere if interested} 

The gun play has become a bit more fun, and more precise thank goodness. I figured out the hack mechanism as for some reason in the beginning it was flying over my head lol. Easy enough now, though getting all three lines is a bit tricky to say the least. Head scratchers they are often enough! Driving in this game is not fun in any situation. Yes! I know it's not a driving game, but!!! There a shit ton of it in the game so theres reason to say opinion wise it's not gotten any better in that way. I'm over 20 hours in and have done very little of the main quests. This is how I approach most RPG's The game is a looker for sure, I've had but 3 crashes to desktop. More than I've had in any other game in 2020/21.

We know by now there are a shit ton and I mean a SHIT TON of glitches in this games. Is crazy honestly as if you really look in almost any scene there's something not right, ALWAYS! Some as simple as a item marked that you'll never be able to pick up, cars just deciding to be auto piloted, cops appearing the second something deems itself criminal. You absolutely need to save and save often to get through some missions glitching out, or for any other reason you might think of. That's not unique to this game though we know that.

Again I'm running it on a 17 9700k / RTX 2080Ti Extreme Amp Edition Zotec card with 32gigs DDr4 3200 ram and its extremely stable and a rock solid 60 fps @1440p with settings used from PC Gamer. If you have a similar set up there recommendations are really good ones. There's so many settings that I was a bit overwhelmed. I have only bumped up a few here and there, and Two I lowered. It's 70% high&Ultra with a few on medium and 4 options completely off. I did try and up the res to 4k and it was a DRASTIC difference, sure I'd love to be able to play in 4k, but having it pretty much locked to 60fps using DLSS @1440p is still a wonder to look at!

Lastly the temps on my PC. It's winter but you wouldn't know it in my gaming room while playing Cyberpunk 2077. So Far this is the hardest this PC has ever been push in a game. I'm using a Corsair H100i {I think} on CPU and it's running between 60-70 degrees with noticeable fan noise. The GPU is staying between 60-75 degrees, though the fan noise on this card is pretty great. I couldn't believe how much of the noise was the CPU cooler, and the GPU was pretty quiet. I tested it both ways to see what one was the audible culprit. Not a huge deal, but like I said earlier. This PC hasn't yet been pushed like this gaming. This will suck in the summer...lol I'll be done with it long before summer though! For the most part my Zotec card is amazing noise wise gaming, quietest card I've ever owned.

A quick Questions: Do you think that this PC would have much of a difference if I put in a triple fan AIO cooler? Mine is just  two fans obviously, I'm not worried, nor do I need to rush out and upgrade this Gaming PC I was just wondering if you thought it could make quite a bit of difference or just maybe be in the 1-5 degrees difference is all? That wouldn't matter to me, but 10 degrees would right? It's not even the temps, just the Noise, this caught me a bit of guard as I've been proud and a bit wowed kind of as to how silent this 1yr old PC is.

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - CDPR releases vague CP207 "roadmap", next-gen update in second half of 2021 (maybe)

I find the complete lack of detail in that roadmap repugnant. What the fuck do these patches fix/add? Specifically? Been waiting to play this more since I figure it'll be much better after the patches, but they continue to be so fucking vague. By now they have to have an idea of what the goal of each patch is, but here we are, 10 or fewer days away (which will be a month since the last patch) and just "1.1" motherfucker I don't care what the patch number is, tell me what you're doing!

29 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I find the complete lack of detail in that roadmap repugnant. What the fuck do these patches fix/add? Specifically? Been waiting to play this more since I figure it'll be much better after the patches, but they continue to be so fucking vague. By now they have to have an idea of what the goal of each patch is, but here we are, 10 or fewer days away (which will be a month since the last patch) and just "1.1" motherfucker I don't care what the patch number is, tell me what you're doing!

From my standpoint this game is still indefinitely delayed. I bought it day one but my plan was always to wait for the next gen patch. I thought it would be out early this year... But now I guess I'm waiting for fall. It's honestly not hard to wait with all the bad press. Hopefully it's a good game someday. 

These are the first two needed DLCs.

"Expanded Life Paths" DLC. The DLC adds a multi mission life path prologue and further life path options in the main game and updated endings that at least mention your life path and how you got to the ending. The Corpo life path needs major work and should prolly just be entirely remade with this DLC. 

"New Beginnings" DLC that covers the 6 month period after the life path ends. At least 6 missions, one for each month. Increases the level cap by 10. The DLC's main focus should be to show V's growing relationship with people in the Merc biz and stuff with like Jackie's mom. The combat parts probably just feel like a standard gig seeing as gigs were what V and Jackie were doing. 

Having just obtained 7 of the 8 endings (couldn't get the "secret" ending) I'm surprised people had issues with the ending. I enjoyed all of them in different ways, and was surprised by the entirely different end paths to get to the endings. That was cool. Wrapping up on achievements now, but I really enjoyed the game, when all is said and done. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - CDPR releases vague 2021 development "roadmap", next-gen update in second half of 2021 (maybe)

CDPR started issuing refunds today for those who requested one and filled out the form by the required date of January 10th.  When filling it out, if you requested a monetary refund for your physical copy, you had to agree to mail it back to them with a prepaid label they'd issue you.  CDPR then sent out a follow-up email asking how'd you like to receive the refund for your physical copy which gave you the option of a digital copy or PayPal.  Today, people randomly received refunds from CDPR in their PayPal account without ever receiving a prepaid shipping label.  Seems they just decided to allow people to keep their physical copy for free.  Have to wonder if they weren't able to find anybody willing to purchase the used copies and make it profitable.  You certainly can look at it as an act of goodwill to attempt to drum up positive PR, but still surprising none the less.  Kinda curious now how many people with physical copies even filled it out.  

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Interviews with more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff, most of whom requested anonymity so as not to risk their careers, depict a development process marred by unchecked ambition, poor planning and technical shortcomings. Employees, discussing the game’s creation for the first time, described a company that focused on marketing at the expense of development, and an unrealistic timeline that pressured some into working extensive overtime long before the final push. CD Projekt declined to comment on the process or provide interviews for this story.

Some damning stuff in this article...

Cyberpunk 2077 was an ambitious project by any standard. CD Projekt’s previous success, The Witcher, was set in a medieval fantasy world full of swords and spells. But everything in Cyberpunk was a departure from that framework. Cyberpunk was sci-fi rather than fantasy. Instead of a third-person camera in which the player’s character appeared on screen, Cyberpunk used a first-person view. Making Cyberpunk would require CD Projekt to invest in new technology, new staff and new techniques they hadn’t explored before.

Another indication of how CD Projekt stretched things too far was that it tried to develop the engine technology behind Cyberpunk 2077, most of which was brand new, simultaneously with the game, which slowed down production. One member of the team compared the process to trying to drive a train while the tracks are being laid in front of you at the same time. It might have gone more smoothly if the track-layers had a few months head start.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:54 PM, number305 said:

From my standpoint this game is still indefinitely delayed. I bought it day one but my plan was always to wait for the next gen patch. I thought it would be out early this year... But now I guess I'm waiting for fall. It's honestly not hard to wait with all the bad press. Hopefully it's a good game someday. 

It's already a great game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
Some damning stuff in this article...

Yep that's how it is these days. The majority of a game's budget goes into marketing not development. That's why when people try to justify higher game prices because they will go to the developers, nope, more marketing and high level CEOs. Sorry boys!

39 minutes ago, Chris- said:

So is it worth even trying to play it on PS5, or is it just too damn buggy still?

I played and finished it on my PS4 Slim, and while the numerous bugs, glitches and performance issues were definitely annoying I still really enjoyed it. But YMMV as I have a high tolerance for Eurojank games. :p