Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 hour ago, legend said:

DLSS renders at a lower resolution and then upscales the low res image to your target resolution for less of a performance cost than rendering at that target resolution natively.

So if you're using DLSS, you might as a consequence aim for a higher resolution than you would normally but 4K DLSS is less compute intensive than regular 4K, for example.

Ah, okay, I follow you and see what you mean - much thanks. 

This fixes the save corruption bug

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

• Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update

26 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I think they already did, but it only helped with AMD CPUs with less than 8 cores, IIRC.

Yeah that was just an error they had they fixed, I want just a bit of a boost on my 4790k here, once I put on ray tracing the cpu buckles up and cant hit 60 no matter what res or anything. :(

And now for the class-action lawsuit:

Firm_Logo_November_2020.jpg
WWW.BUSINESSWIRE.COM

Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces it has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of purchasers of the securities of CD Proje

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sounds to me like they have a case.

I think so as well.

The claim from the CDPR CEO from a few months ago that the game ran "surprisingly well" on the last-generation consoles could be construed as a "material misrepresentation of fact" that was used to mislead investors.  Especially since he subsequently stated during the emergency investor conference call the other day that they should have "paid more attention" to those versions of the game.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I think so as well.

The claim from the CDPR CEO from a few months ago that the game ran "surprisingly well" on the last-generation consoles could be construed as a "material misrepresentation of fact" that was used to mislead investors.  Especially since he subsequently stated during the emergency investor conference call the other day that they should have "paid more attention" to those versions of the game.

Those are the exact quotes I was thinking of.

On 12/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, legend said:

I feel ya. I would stick with it since you're playing on PC though. I was fine with the intro as it was, but it's absolutely worth pushing a little further because it really explodes.

I'm reminded that back in 2000 my best friend and I both got the original Deus Ex, played a little and were kind of bored. Then one day my friend decided to just push through further and then was calling me on the phone telling me I have to keep going because it got so good. I did, and the original Deus Ex is still one of my favorite games ever made :p 

Exactly what happened to me with Deus Ex! 2x I tried and I just couldn't get into it.

One day well over 2 years later I built a new pc, one that could really push newer graphics not that it's my main focus. Pushed through about 6 hour into it from a brand new save a Holy Shit moment. I FRIKK'IN LOVE DEUS EX! way up there in my short list of must plays.

After all the back and forth, I couldn't hold off any longer and bought Cyberpunk 2077. Personally I really need to see how well it will run on my aging Gaming PC. I've decided to hold off on not only the new consoles (availability was a huge factor in the early days)  until the inevitable 1-1/2 - 2 year refresh ala: ps4 to PS4Pro & Xbox 1 to Xbox 1 X. But to also not get a 30series video card no matter when or if they become available. 

Trust me, I frikk'in love tech, but I'm planning on building a brand new beast gaming rig in later 2022 or 2023 when ever nvidias 40series launches. I have to get some more mileage out of my 2000 dollar rig. This will suck, but it's worth it, we know there will be a super up version of these new consoles. 

Back to CP2077. I own it, its installed and hoping Monday to put some hours onto it. I feel my card should run it very well @1440p looking forward to seeing some eye candy. I will knowingly have to push past the beginning, I struggle in many games in the beginnings.

My 2080ti, i79700k, 32gigs ddr4 3200 better be good to me.....lol

• Like 1

Ok.....

Stop now if your easily bored reading any of my needlessly long replays or topics. I never know how to shorten any opinion, experience, or advise. I apologize far ahead of time.  Also upfront I ask for help if anyone can simplify and help my better understand what is probably an easy hacking minigame for the greater gaming public, it just flies over my head for some reason.

Ok, here goes...

So I'm now 10 hours into CP2077 on PC and liking it so far for the most part. I was a bit worried how the performance would be, but they were unfounded worries. This game runs wonderfully @1440p with DLSS on and a few tweaks obviously. I'm using word for word the recommended setting ( HERE ) from PCGamer.com. scroll down a bit to get to their summary of recommended settings and tweak from there if you have better or worse than my 2080Ti. I haven't seen a dip at all, from 60fps. It maintains 55-60 constant with Vsync on (playing on a Samsung Q8fn 65" Qled TV) 

Gotta say I'm completely baffled on the hacking minigame! I just feel stupid and completely do not understand it. Makes me feel stupid. Also the inventory, the upgrading system, skill tree and weapon comparison screen also are needlessly complicated.  This game reminds me so much of Deus Ex and for the most part that's a good thing. Thst said it's not a very smooth experience at least for me.

One thing I really do not like is how anywhere for the most part you can just grab shit. Jump over a counter in a resturant grab everything and anything useful walk away! Same with people houses, and enemy hideouts too. Just grab what you like and your good. No need to have anyones back turned, unless you fighting already noones gonna mind that your taking there everything! ...lol Just weird and odd. This isnt a realistic game I know, but really? 

Also gunplay is a bit sway'yee? Just not very tight. Again, this is an RPG first I know, FPS second but just feels off. Driving to is just off, not really very good. Not a racer I know, but it's just not right! I always seem to go just over side to side when aiming, driving, etc.

The graphics we all know by now are very impressive and you'll stop many times to just stop and enjoy your environment.

Looking forward to just exploring tonight and not be influenced by a mission or anything. Lots to see, the map is already crammed with shit to do, see, and plenty already to get you into trouble I've found.

BUGGS: At just under 10 hours into it, I've had 3 hard crash to desktop! Two were in a row from a certain spot. Had to load a save earlier on that one and was able to proceed. The other was just driving minding my own business and CRASH! Haven't had any bugs really but one. Once I had a gun hovering in the air shooting me out in the open, slowly killing me yet I couldn't do anything to it. I've been saving often because of the shit I've read mostly so only had to reload a save from 5 minutes before and it was fixed.

In closing: If you scored games by 10 hours of gameplay and that it  I give the experience so far a 7 / 10. Better performance then I expected, thank goodness!!! I feel stupid for feeling my Gaming PC was out of date already. It was litterly my dream PC just 1 1/2 years ago...lol I'm feeling good about being able to hold off now for another GPU series to be released to build my next Dream Gaming PC. Looking forward to the gaming really opening up and showing it's crazy world and story to me. On my way to meeting Johnny sooner or later

Happy holidays my fellow gaming community, I fucking hope your next year is so much better than this year has been. I know at least for our family bit just cant get much worse than the last 2.....

8 hours ago, HardAct said:

Ok.....

Stop now if your easily bored reading any of my needlessly long replays or topics. I never know how to shorten any opinion, experience, or advise. I apologize far ahead of time.  Also upfront I ask for help if anyone can simplify and help my better understand what is probably an easy hacking minigame for the greater gaming public, it just flies over my head for some reason.

Ok, here goes...

So I'm now 10 hours into CP2077 on PC and liking it so far for the most part. I was a bit worried how the performance would be, but they were unfounded worries. This game runs wonderfully @1440p with DLSS on and a few tweaks obviously. I'm using word for word the recommended setting ( HERE ) from PCGamer.com. scroll down a bit to get to their summary of recommended settings and tweak from there if you have better or worse than my 2080Ti. I haven't seen a dip at all, from 60fps. It maintains 55-60 constant with Vsync on (playing on a Samsung Q8fn 65" Qled TV) 

Gotta say I'm completely baffled on the hacking minigame! I just feel stupid and completely do not understand it. Makes me feel stupid. Also the inventory, the upgrading system, skill tree and weapon comparison screen also are needlessly complicated.  This game reminds me so much of Deus Ex and for the most part that's a good thing. Thst said it's not a very smooth experience at least for me.

One thing I really do not like is how anywhere for the most part you can just grab shit. Jump over a counter in a resturant grab everything and anything useful walk away! Same with people houses, and enemy hideouts too. Just grab what you like and your good. No need to have anyones back turned, unless you fighting already noones gonna mind that your taking there everything! ...lol Just weird and odd. This isnt a realistic game I know, but really? 

Also gunplay is a bit sway'yee? Just not very tight. Again, this is an RPG first I know, FPS second but just feels off. Driving to is just off, not really very good. Not a racer I know, but it's just not right! I always seem to go just over side to side when aiming, driving, etc.

The graphics we all know by now are very impressive and you'll stop many times to just stop and enjoy your environment.

Looking forward to just exploring tonight and not be influenced by a mission or anything. Lots to see, the map is already crammed with shit to do, see, and plenty already to get you into trouble I've found.

BUGGS: At just under 10 hours into it, I've had 3 hard crash to desktop! Two were in a row from a certain spot. Had to load a save earlier on that one and was able to proceed. The other was just driving minding my own business and CRASH! Haven't had any bugs really but one. Once I had a gun hovering in the air shooting me out in the open, slowly killing me yet I couldn't do anything to it. I've been saving often because of the shit I've read mostly so only had to reload a save from 5 minutes before and it was fixed.

In closing: If you scored games by 10 hours of gameplay and that it  I give the experience so far a 7 / 10. Better performance then I expected, thank goodness!!! I feel stupid for feeling my Gaming PC was out of date already. It was litterly my dream PC just 1 1/2 years ago...lol I'm feeling good about being able to hold off now for another GPU series to be released to build my next Dream Gaming PC. Looking forward to the gaming really opening up and showing it's crazy world and story to me. On my way to meeting Johnny sooner or later

Happy holidays my fellow gaming community, I fucking hope your next year is so much better than this year has been. I know at least for our family bit just cant get much worse than the last 2.....

I just don't get how anyone can call the gunplay floaty.

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I just don't get how anyone can call the gunplay floaty.

Well, it is at first. You gotta level up your gun handling skills and get better guns and the handling gets better, because that's the logical RPG progression of gun handling and gun mechanics in the game (as you know).

But it is definitely floaty at first because you aren't supposed to be that good at guns at first. It's intentional since as I leveled up I definitely saw improvement.

Ok, here goes...

27 minutes ago, Joestradamus said:

My wife got me this game for Christmas on the PS4. Is this still a mess on the PS4 or is it stable now?

While it looks and runs a little better now on the PS4 compared to how it was at launch, it still has a lot of bugs, glitches and jank. Nothing that I’ve experienced so far has been game breaking, but its performance problems are still annoying and frustrating at times. I’m personally enjoying the game enough to put up with a lot of its technical issues, but YMMV.

Ahh kind of a bummer, she's asking me why I haven't played it yet but been hesitant to open it. Maybe I can have her get a refund or something, maybe get it on PC instead but not sure how my old gaming rig would handle it... haven't really used it much until the last week or so.

It's i5-8600k stock, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB.

14 minutes ago, Joestradamus said:

Ahh kind of a bummer, she's asking me why I haven't played it yet but been hesitant to open it. Maybe I can have her get a refund or something, maybe get it on PC instead but not sure how my old gaming rig would handle it... haven't really used it much until the last week or so.

Do you have a Pro or a base PS4? Do you plan on getting a PS5?

37 minutes ago, Joestradamus said:

Prolly not. Here are my specs. 

i7-6700k

16GB RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

I am running on medium preset at 1440p. I also have my resolution scale set to 75(%?). That is the only way For me get get 45-60 frames, but at times I still drop to 30 or lower when driving or in a bustling market area. I don't know the difference between our processors but with my graphics card my system should be slightly better than yours and thus you should get even worse performance than I do.

If I was playing on 1080p I could use the high preset, but with a rez scale of 80/85 to get the same frames. Getting a stable 30 is pretty possible on my system, but it just feels so bad. Like, 30 in this game just feels so much worse than the 30fps games when playing on console. 

Edit: I mean, you could prolly get it running better than on a PS4 tho. Or at least I'd assume so. 

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Do you have a Pro or a base PS4? Do you plan on getting a PS5?

Pro, eventually I'll get the PS5 but probably not for a few years or whenever the first price drop happens... whichever happens first. She got me the physical copy, I believe it says I can swap for a digital copy of the PS5 version or something like that.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

Prolly not. Here are my specs. 

i7-6700k

16GB RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

I am running on medium preset at 1440p. I also have my resolution scale set to 75(%?). That is the only way For me get get 45-60 frames, but at times I still drop to 30 or lower when driving or in a bustling market area. I don't know the difference between our processors but with my graphics card my system should be slightly better than yours and thus you should get even worse performance than I do.

If I was playing on 1080p I could use the high preset, but with a rez scale of 80/85 to get the same frames. Getting a stable 30 is pretty possible on my system, but it just feels so bad. Like, 30 in this game just feels so much worse than the 30fps games when playing on console. 

Edit: I mean, you could prolly get it running better than on a PS4 tho. Or at least I'd assume so. 

Oof, that's kind of rough and disappointing. Damn I was so hyped for this, it's a shame it's such a mess. Now I'm not so sure if I want to risk trying on PC.