Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - Sony to offer "full refunds", game delisted from PSN
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - Sony to offer "full refunds" for PlayStation Store purchases, game delisted from PSN

I might try to get a refund, mostly because fuck them for rushing this game out in this state. 

But also, the game is not really grabbing me. I’ve had to load a save twice and it’s crashed twice and each time I was like “meh, I’ll go do something else”. It might be better to just come back to it when it’s all fixed. 

1 hour ago, heydude93 said:

How does this game have an 8.5+ on metacritic right now?  Is the PC version that much better than on console? Is it actually good?

Yes the PC version is that much better and is actually a pretty great game, there are still quite a few bugs but nothing game breaking, a lot have been ironed out.

13 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

How about Sony adopt a refund policy like every other store for fucks sake

Like I said earlier regarding the matter: CDPR is absolutely to blame for this debacle but it might end up being the straw the broke the camels back in regards to the shitty PSN refund policy that frankly should be illegal (same goes for Nintendo). 

This might actually end up being a good thing for gamers, hopefully some reform will come to the refund process due to this unprecedented type of situation. 

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The CDPR CEO said that the PS4 version ran "amazingly well" a few months ago and then admitted in the investor's call yesterday that they "didn't pay enough attention" to it.

That sounds a helluva lot like fraud to me.

There has been over 114 million PS4's sold to date. Not paying enough attention to that version isn't a good move. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So this is bad news for Bethesda games or any game that runs bad at launch on consoles. I mean, they have to do the same thing otherwise it's just hypocritical.

In the case of Bethesda, the only console they have to be concerned about going forward is the one from the company that actually owns them!

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did Bethesda ever purposefully hide a version of the game from reviewers? 

I'm pretty sure that the PS3 version of Skyrim didn't exactly see the light of day too much, but I don't recall it being nearly as egregious as what CDPR pulled with the console versions of this game.

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Skyrim or Oblivion? I remember the Sony version of Oblivion being pretty janky at the time.

Skyrim had a SERIOUS memory issue on the PS3 that could never truly be fixed due to the the console's split memory pool RAM structure:

The story has hit the "mainstream" press:

?m=02&d=20201218&t=2&i=1544985635&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Sony Corp said on Friday it is pulling CD Projekt SA's Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation Store and offering full refunds after gamers complained that the flagship title was rife with bugs.

The backlash against the repeatedly delayed game has led to handwringing over the hype that surrounds new titles, the complicity of reviewers in driving that hype and the work environment for rank-and-file developers ahead of release dates.

Not pulling any punches, I see!