Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

That could be a good thingĀ or a pretty bad thing IMO.

How could it be a bad thing? GTA is (to me) awful. At least in terms of gameplay. It's got some nice, dense open worlds, but not really much going on that matters, at least to me. GTA is exactly what I don't want any open worlds to be like. All style and detail but no substance. Blech.

On the subject of Cyberpunk 2077 being playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X, the company said that the current-gen game will be playable on those consoles at launch with a next-gen patch that adds some improvements based on the horsepower of those consoles. "It will look better on next-generation consoles," the company said. However, a "more robust update" will come later. This next-gen edition will be free for everyone who bought Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 or Xbox One. The full details on the upgrade scheme, however, have not been announced.

Gamespot

1 minute ago, johnny said:

Brain dance or whatever it was called was kinda boring. Iā€™m sure itā€™s fine in game but watching a vid of it was not interesting :PĀ 

Yeah if you're gonna show something like that, show whatever makes it unique and interesting, not literally the tutorial for it.

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

How could it be a bad thing? GTA is (to me) awful. At least in terms of gameplay. It's got some nice, dense open worlds, but not really much going on that matters, at least to me. GTA is exactly what I don't want any open worlds to be like. All style and detail but no substance. Blech.

Cuz it could be worse than what GTA. And until GTAV and RDR2 I really liked those style of games. And like, Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row are like GTA, and both are good games IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Cuz it could be worse than what GTA. And until GTAV and RDR2 I really liked those style of games. And like, Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row are like GTA, and both are good games IMO.

Ah, I think I see what you're saying now. There's a problem with how vague "not like GTA" is. Which parts of GTA isn't it like?

Damn those screenshots look good. I'm playing The Last of Us Part II right now that it's a very good looking game, but this one looks even better. I wonder what the system requirements will be, because I looked but I don't see any official ones. Even the Steam page doesn't list them.Ā 

22 minutes ago, Brick said:

Damn those screenshots look good. I'm playing The Last of Us Part II right now that it's a very good looking game, but this one looks even better. I wonder what the system requirements will be, because I looked but I don't see any official ones. Even the Steam page doesn't list them.Ā 

Let's just say if you want to enjoy the game in its full splendor (or as close to it as we can get at launch) you're likely gonna wanna pick up a 3080 Ti.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ā 

Ps5 is equivalent to pc medium settings?

I was half joking, but traditionally speaking that's usually what happens, yes. Sometimes high, almost never higher than that.

Ā 

I'd expect the Series X to come much closer, unless Sony is hiding a tiny second GPU in that SSD.

Ā 

I'm also very much doubting even a 3080 Ti hitting a solid 60 at max settings and raytracing, even considering DLSS 2.0. The scope and fidelity of the game just seems too high unless they've got some insanely serious optimization going on.

5 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Let's just say if you want to enjoy the game in its full splendor (or as close to it as we can get at launch) you're likely gonna wanna pick up a 3080 Ti.

Ā 

I have a 2080Ti, and since there is no 3080Ti yet, I'm sure that'll handle the game just fine.Ā 

28 minutes ago, Brick said:

I have a 2080Ti, and since there is no 3080Ti yet, I'm sure that'll handle the game just fine.Ā 

I'm very much looking forward to how this game performs. Between RT Diffuse illumination, reflections, ambient occlusion, and shadows, on top of what already appears to be a demanding game, it seems like a lot to ask of current cards.

Ā 

I imagine that DLSS is going to help, but I don't think it's going to be enough.

The 2080 Ti currently can't hold 60 FPS at the highest settings on some of the most demanding games we already have, including with DLSS. I am certain this will be a step above that in terms of demanding a lot out of a system. Unless you plan to keep raytracing off and crank down some settings, in which case that's a completely different goal than the entire point I was making.

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The 2080 Ti currently can't hold 60 FPS at the highest settings on some of the most demanding games we already have, including with DLSS. I am certain this will be a step above that in terms of demanding a lot out of a system. Unless you plan to keep raytracing off and crank down some settings, in which case that's a completely different goal than the entire point I was making.

Ā 

Just for reference, the demo that the press played via GeForce Now was running on an RTX 2080 Ti with ray tracing/DLSS at 1080p.

7 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Ā 

Ā 

Just for reference, the demo that the press played via GeForce Now was running on an RTX 2080 Ti with ray tracing/DLSS at 1080p.

Looking into this, it looks like I might be pretty wrong here, assuming they didn't do any massive overclocking or anything, reports are about 60-80 FPS with whatever settings they had it at. Dunno if everything was maxed out/enabled, but if so, that's mighty impressive! Based on the fidelity we've been seeing, that's not at all in line with other games that don't even look as good with less raytracing effects enabled... which makes me kind of suspicious, to be honest.