Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: new-gen versions possibly to be revealed tomorrow (February 15)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: new-gen gameplay videos for Xbox Series consoles and PlayStation 5
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: Patch 1.5 & New-Generation Update - List of Changes
29 minutes ago, Biggie said:

after watching that.......it seems sort of the same?

The game is still going to be the same. The patch has a lot of QOL features that make it better to play, however.

Improved rain visual effects on vehicle windows. Raindrops are no longer afraid of falling.

Now that is a patch note!

• Haha 1

The chart only mentions RT shadows but the description in the patch notes says RT mode includes reflections, I hope the latter is true! It’s a shame they couldn’t get RT lighting in at all even if obviously not the psycho setting. I thought that could have been better optimized to include unlike DL2 which only had one RT lighting setting that is equivalent to psycho.

But yeah DL2 honestly tempered my expectations for what they could do here on current gen lol. Stuff that looks amazing because of pc grade ray tracing just won’t translate this gen. Stuff like Horizon shows that things can look just as amazing in other areas like geometry, texture work, modeling, but there’s going to be a different kind of gap this gen with anything that gives pc a full RT suite.

Amazing game though imo, I bet the 60fps mode is the one to play, curious to read more impressions.

Also wonder if pc got any performance related anything in 1.5. I also really want some news on a story expansion.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Ima wait for impressions before I re-download this shit

I'll check it out at some point. Besides the technical stuff, I found the actual game itself to be okay. I wasn't interested enough in the story to replay it again and make different choices to see how they play out. I honestly just didn't give a shit at the end. V wasn't that interesting a character to play to want to spend that much time with them again. Maybe female V is better? When I do replay, I think I'm gonna go female Corp and focus on Melee and bladed weapons. I never even used The mantis blades my first playthrough.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll check it out at some point. Besides the technical stuff, I found the actual game itself to be okay. I wasn't interested enough in the story to replay it again and make different choices to see how they play out. I honestly just didn't give a shit at the end. V wasn't that interesting a character to play to want to spend that much time with them again. Maybe female V is better? When I do replay, I think I'm gonna go female Corp and focus on Melee and bladed weapons. I never even used The mantis blades my first playthrough.

I caved and I'm downloading it.  Not getting my hopes up for anything amazing but we will see........

• Shocked 1
  • Sicko 1

Over the last week or so I had just started playing Cyberpunk, and in a lot of ways it's the exact opposite of how I felt about Halo Infinite. In Halo, it really felt to me like they nailed the fundamentals, but in any number of ways the huge budget and dev time didn't show. In Cyberpunk, it's the exact opposite. Every inch of this game screams how much it cost and how long they spent making it, but so far I just haven't been having fun with it. After ~9 hours I'm playing more out of curiosity than I am out of genuine enjoyment.

Maybe that changes once I get some better weapons and start to unlock more of the skill trees. I feel like I've barely gotten into the meat of the game, but I also feel like I've been playing long enough that I should have some sense of the game. Doesn't seem like this patch will change my experience, but I'll give it a try, at least until Horizon gets here on Friday.

28 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

$30 is tempting but with Elden Ring, Horizon, Dying Light 2, Kirby, Pokemon, and Ghostwire, I doubt I will have time to play it soon. I think I will wait for a bigger sale or Game Pass

Smart. No way would I recommend this game for $30 even with the fixes. 

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

$30 is tempting but with Elden Ring, Horizon, Dying Light 2, Kirby, Pokemon, and Ghostwire, I doubt I will have time to play it soon. I think I will wait for a bigger sale or Game Pass

It's better then atleast 3 of the games you mentioned.