Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

16 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I know a lot of people like them but I can’t fucking stand the majority of Polygons write ups. They come off like they’re just hunting for an angle to take

I feel like it comes off like that because almost every other word written about games might as well come from the developer’s marketing arm at worst, or at best just pretend that games exist in a political vacuum and spring up fully formed. It’s way less about Polygon looking for an angle as it is the whole industry being willfully ignorant of the politics of stuff like Call of Duty except when they derp with shit like making you press F to show respects. 

It wouldn’t be an issue if games criticism was actually criticism instead of just telling gamers where to spend money. 

Game Information

Game Title: Cyberpunk 2077

Platforms:

• PC (Dec 10, 2020)
  • Google Stadia (Dec 10, 2020)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Dec 10, 2020)
  • PlayStation 5 (Dec 10, 2020)
  • Xbox One (Dec 10, 2020)
  • PlayStation 4 (Dec 10, 2020)

Developer: CD PROJEKT RED

Publisher: WB Games

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 86 average - 87% recommended

Critic Reviews

Daily Mirror - 5 / 5 stars

The game may not be perfect but given CD project Red's reputation for fixing and updating games Cyberpunk has a bright neon-lit future. It can proudly sit among its influences of Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner and Neuromancer (as well as games like Deus Ex, System Shock) with its augmented head held high.

It's been a long wait, but the end result is a massive sprawling RPG with an incredible story, heart-pounding action, solid mechanics and customisation, offering you unparalleled player choice in a deep, atmospheric world that I can't wait to plug myself back into.

Digital Spy - 5 / 5 stars

We could wax lyrical about how good this game is for another ten years, and we still think the conversation would be relevant - so yes, we think Cyberpunk 2077 is the game of the decade. This is an event, and a big moment in gaming, because the brilliant Cyberpunk 2077 is laying down the stepping stones for greater feats in the future.

GameSpew - 10 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t perfect, but it is ambitious. It marries a gripping story with a huge open world absolutely dripping with atmosphere; one in which, after fifty hours of gameplay, I still feel like I’ve only scratched its surface. Even now I’m itching to jump back in and complete yet more side jobs, not only because they’re enjoyable, but also just in case they offer V more options when it comes to ending their story.

Gamerheadquarters - 10 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is the cyberpunk game of my dreams, it provides one of the most highly detailed environments I’ve ever seen, with an incredibly expansive and immersive narrative.

GamesRadar+ - 5 / 5 stars

What Cyberpunk 2077 lacks in core campaign length, it makes up for with depth and soul, offering a world of intrigue and violence unlike any other.

God is a Geek - 10 / 10

Despite a few flaws, Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most consistently astounding pieces of media I've ever had the pleasure of consuming.

INDIANTVCZ - Czech - 10 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 offers a great sci-fi experience in which you can get lost for hours. It is not a revolutionary title in its genre, but it brings fresh changes. Whether it's new tasks, well-written dialogues, and characters, good stylized graphics, or very pleasant controls. Decision-making constructions leave you free where you need them. Conversely, they bind you in places where it is important. Everything fits together thanks to that. And if you were afraid that Cyberpunk 2077 would be a debacle. Throw this worry behind your head. Enjoy Night City to the fullest!

M3 - Swedish - 5 / 5 stars

A more emotive and engaging title is hard to find.

PowerUp! - 10 / 10

Frankly, Cyberpunk 2077 is the best video game I've ever played

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 10 / 10

Absolutely stunning action game with a lot of content, deep RPG progres and dialogue. Another master-piece from CD Projekt Red!

The Digital Fix - 10 / 10

CD Projekt Red has set a new standard for what can be achieved in this sandbox. Cyberpunk 2077 is taking open-world gaming to the next generation.

TheGamer - 5 / 5 stars

I’m V and the game is Silverhand - I can’t get Cyberpunk 2077 out of my head. I’ve had it a week and played 70 hours, which is probably about as healthy as scooping out my face and replacing it with electronics, but it didn’t feel like work. Like a digital personality loaded onto a biochip, it felt like stepping into another life for a while. It’s a life I can’t wait to relive.

VG247 - 5 / 5 stars

In the midst of such intense anticipation and scrutiny, it’s easy to get carried away with what Cyberpunk 2077 could have been. The final experience might be more familiar than many predicted, with plenty of elements that aren’t perfect, but it’s dripping with detail and engaging stories. With so much to see and do, Cyberpunk 2077 is the kind of RPG where you blink and hours go by, which is just what we need to finish off 2020.

Windows Central - 5 / 5 stars

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world masterpiece that features some of the most immersive and liberating storytelling this industry has to offer. With full freedom to choose V's personality, looks, and gameplay style, Cyberpunk 2077 gives the player an unrelenting amount of control in a world that delivers dozens upon dozens of hours of high-quality content. Cyberpunk 2077 is a mammoth achievement and solidifies CD Projekt RED's place at the top of the pile.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 98 / 100

Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the greatest RPGs of the generation. We love Night City, its characters and great writing for every mission. It is also one of the best looking games out there (if your PC is powerful enough).

Areajugones - Spanish - 9.5 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is the ultimate power fantasy. A video game that takes the best of modern RPG, first-person shooter, stealth, and the open world and masterfully blends it into a single product. If Skyrim and GTA V marked a before and after for their genres at the beginning of the 2010s, Cyberpunk 2077 is called to do the same from this 2020.

Enternity.gr - Greek - 9.5 / 10

CD Projekt RED is willing to take an even bigger risk and dare something very different, combining elements that they have proven to know well and elements which they have no previous experience in.

PPE.pl - Polish - 9.5 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is huge, steeped in sex, satisfying shooting, and the expansion of individual elements delights. It's one of those productions you want to get ing into to get to know its charms and enjoy every moment in Night City.

Spaziogames - Italian - 9.5 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 traces a new path for the open-world RPGs, telling a thought-provoking story about the dangerous drifts of humankind.

Stevivor - 9.5 / 10

The most important thing that everyone needs to know about Cyberpunk 2077 is that while it’s imperfect, it is without a doubt a superb game.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9.5 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is a wild journey within an incredibly fascinating setting; some technical uncertainties  destined to disappear and a partial repetitiveness limit its glory, but overall it is an adventure worthy of William Gibson himself. Cyberpunk 2077 allowed me to finally feel immersed in that pen & paper RPG I discovered in 1988, pouring rain clouding my view in a kaleidoscope of neon signs, just as I had imagined while leafing through those pages. Some may not consider it a perfect game, but I do.

IGN Italy - Italian - 9.3 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is like an addictive, huge, impressive braindance, where the feelings are real, while sometimes you see the puppet strings. It's an ambitious RPG, where narration, decisions and dialogue are far more important than combat, wrapped around a lot of fun, but usual and not always perfect, action mechanics. Engaging and marvellous to play, Night City on high-end PCs is stunning to see and super stylish. Cyberpunk 2077 is worth the wait, because the adventure of V and Johnny Silverhand is greater than the sum of its parts.

Gamersky - Chinese - 9.1 / 10

Although there still exist a lot of technical glitches, Cyberpunk 2077 stands out in terms of cyberpunk concept, story-telling, characters, level-design, combat, and so forth. It's a pleasure to spend hundreds of hours in the Night City, and I believe it would be one of the greatest open-world RPGs in the next decade.

Geek Culture - 9.1 / 10

The dark future certainly looks promising, thanks to the collective imagination of the team at CD Projekt Red, which seems to know no bounds. Cyberpunk 2077 certainly took a while to come to our hands, but be glad it’s finally here, for it is here to stay for a long time to come. And it certainly did not disappoint.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 9 / 10

And it is precisely for this reason that, despite all the technical problems of the production, we cannot in any way fail to assign a vote of excellence to the work of CDPR: the defects will disappear over time, but already now Cyberpunk 2077 is a title which undoubtedly deserves a place of honor in all players' library.

GRYOnline.pl - Polish - 9 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 proves that the developers have improved their skills since fantastic The Witcher 3. It is an excellent action RPG that would benefit from a longer delay to polish the various issues. However, no amount of bugs can diminish the immense pleasure of exploring this world.

Game Informer - 9 / 10

An open world you can get lost in and continue finding new things to do

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

It's definitely feels like with Cyberpunk 2077 CD Projekt RED tried to tell a really meaningful story, while using as a backdrop truly a unique setting. And all the while the developers made sure that the game still feels approachable by all kind of people, and that it presents itself with insane graphical fidelity painting an image of an eerily realistic world of tommorow. We doubt there's too many people who don't believe in CD Projekt RED, but in case you're one of them, be warned - Cyberpunk 2077 is something that will change the way you look at the gaming industry as a whole.

GameWatcher - 9 / 10

A remarkably well-executed open world game whose greatest heights exceed its deepest failings.

IGN - 9 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 throws you into a beautiful, dense cityscape and offers a staggering amount of flexibility in how you choose to take it from there.

PC Invasion - 9 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 has some glaring flaws and missed opportunities. Its open-world sandbox suffers from poor NPC and police AI, and it lacks customization and transmogrification features to help your character stand out. Still, the pros outweigh the cons owing to a brilliant narrative, memorable missions, strong supporting cast of characters, well-integrated combat and hacking mechanics, and jaw-dropping visuals.

PCGamesN - 9 / 10

Groundbreaking, but not quite as much as you're hoping it is. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't surpass its brilliant influences, but in Night City, Johnny Silverhand, and its chilling vision of hyper-capitalism, it claims territory of its own.

Press Start - 9 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is staggering, overwhelming, and even surprising at times in its spectacle. Although my first dozen hours with the game has been marred by easy-to-fix problems, Nighty City, along with all it offers and all that call it home, makes for an intoxicating escape. Here's hoping the next one hundred hours are as utterly compelling.

RPG Site - 9 / 10

When Cyberpunk's grim setting and mix of gameplay systems land, it is a powerfully impressive experience - sprawling, dense, clever, witty, and most importantly damn good fun. Other times, it has all the charm of a moody, edgy teenager.

TrueAchievements - 4.5 / 5 stars

It might not reinvent the genre in every aspect, but for a fantastic story, an insanely detailed word, and brilliant dialogue, you’ve got to try it.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 9 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely a technological wonder in the world of video games proving that CDPR has reached unprecedented heights that we could never imagine. They went above and beyond everything they have ever created in the Witcher series.

GAMES.CH - German - 88 / 100

Measured against the extreme expectations, Cyberpunk 2077 can't fulfill any of them. But all in all, despite the countless small weaknesses and inconsequences, with interesting characters, great story and dialogues or the freedom concerning gameplay, CD Projekt delivers a unique and great RPG that every fan of the genre needs to play.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Turkish - 85 / 100

Cyberpunk 2077 offers an experience that players who love the genre should definitely try despite the bugs and big problems it contains.

GamePro - German - 83 / 100

Cyberpunk fascinates with its story and characters, but presents itself in a partially desolate state on consoles.

Daily Star - 4 / 5 stars

If you’re willing to loose yourself in Cyberpunk for the long term you’ll definitely get your money’s worth out of a strong role-player that’s flowing with action missions.

GameCrate - 8 / 10

I want to recognize how ambitious and fun this game is while simultaneously warning people about how incomplete and sloppy it is. Whether or not this is a worthwhile purchase will be entirely up to whether or not you want to brave the bugs, glitches, and general half-baked feel in order to get to the core roleplaying game underneath.

GameHaunt - 4 / 5 stars

Cyberpunk 2077 is of massive ambition, and the characters in it are brilliantly written and performed.

Metro GameCentral - 8 / 10

A stunning achievement in open world gameplay but one whose tonal inconsistencies and weak narrative undermines what could have been an all-time classic.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

An ambitious, maybe over ambitious, thrilling ride that falters when it comes to execution. The developer's strength shines through the world building and production, resulting in a unique mix that is let down by a myriad list of technical and AI problems.

Screen Rant - 4 / 5 stars

Ultimately, it feels like Cyberpunk 2077 is a fitting bookend for the previous generation of games and a strong starting point for current-gen. Now it's time to start innovating again.

TrustedReviews - 4 / 5 stars

CD Projekt Red has created a triumphant RPG experience with Cyberpunk 2077, yet it often falters under the weight of its own ambition thanks to inconsistent writing and narrative

PC Gamer - 78 / 100

Some nice characters and stories nested in an astounding open world, undercut by jarring bugs at every turn.

Critical Hit - 7.5 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 tells a compelling story with an excellent assortment of characters but fails to deliver on the promises of a living, breathing open-world. All of these faults are amplified by a messy user interface, unengaging combat, and shoddy performance across multiple platforms.

Destructoid - 7.5 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is a victim of bloat, but you can choose to ignore a lot of it and take in the sights. That's where Night City is at its best, and I sincerely suggest that you take your time going through it, as rushing will only lead to disappointment. Even just strolling through though though, you'll probably be left wanting more.

But Why Tho? - 7 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 offers players an interesting world to explore, great storytelling, and loveable and deep characters. But the main story is light on cyberpunk themes, and the bugs and bad graphics really hinder the playability. Once the technical bugs are hammered out, Cyberpunk 2077 will be a game I would recommend.

GameSpot - 7 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 has standout side quests and strong main characters, though its buggy, superficial world and lack of purpose bring it down.

Gameblog - French - 7 / 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is a new masterpiece from CD Projekt RED, a huge, dense, vibrant, colorfoul and dark Sci-Fi RPG that any fan of the genre should step in. First because it will provide the sensation that the story really depends on you choices and that you have everything you need for your playstyle. Then because streets, stores, buildings, inhabitants of Night City won't get out of your head easily. You'll be happy to interact with Keanu Reeves, but the real star is this city and all it provides in terms of atmosphere, game mechanics and stories.

[OpenCritic note: Gianni Molinaro separately reviewed the next-gen (10) and current-gen (4) versions. The scores have been averaged.]

PCMag - 3.5 / 5 stars

I fell in love with Night City, warts and all. If its many bugs can get ironed out, Cyberpunk 2077 is a potential Game of the Year candidate. Here’s hoping that CD Projekt Red can quickly push out fixes.

Twisted Voxel - 7 / 10

Too ambitious for its own good, Cyberpunk 2077 attempts to do too much and falters in its execution as a result. Despite its issues, it’s better than the sum of its parts and might be worth checking out for fans of action RPGs.

Worth Playing - 6.5 / 10

It may not sound like it, but I enjoyed many aspects of Cyberpunk 2077. It doesn't hit the highs of The Witcher 3, but it still has a lot going for it. However, it was released in such an unfinished state that it's hard to give it a positive review. It's an 8.0 game hiding in a 4.0 game wrapper.

Gamers Heroes - 60 / 100

Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game, but it could have been an incredible game that defined a generation. Instead, it falls victim to its own ambition and the industry's constant desire to push, push, push it out. In its current state, it's not for the faint of heart, and even hardcore Cyberpunk fans may struggle to stay interested amidst all the crashes and issues. If you have yet to pick it up, wait a few months and you could very well be treated to the experience we were all hoping for at launch.

GamesBeat - 3 / 5 stars

It’s fine to make a game like that — for many, that’s the promise of Cyberpunk 2077. It just wasn’t the promise to me.

IGN - 4 / 10

Please don't play Cyberpunk 2077 on a base Xbox One or PS4. It is a shockingly bad way to experience what is a fantastic RPG on better hardware.

Gadgets 360 - 3 / 10

The era of the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X has arrived, but Cyberpunk 2077 is currently running on those next-gen platforms via backwards compatibility. A true next-gen update isn't due until sometime in 2021. That means CD Projekt Red developed a game for three platforms, and it's running on an acceptable level on just one (PC), provided you have the hardware. That is just plain ridiculous.

ACG - Unscored

Easy Allies - Unscored

Eurogamer - Recommended

Exceptional characters, heartfelt storytelling and enjoyable action threaten to be engulfed by endless bugs and hasty, uneven design.

GameOnAUS - Essential

This is an outstanding and highly enjoyable game, but take your time with it, do all the side missions (think of them as extensions of the main quest, in fact) and don’t rush the main storyline. 

You should absolutely take the earliest available opportunity to explore Night City and everything it has to offer. From the visuals to the music to the vibe, it’s a superb experience and one I am looking forward to spending a lot more time with.

Giant Bomb - Unscored

Early Impressions Discussion: They should have delayed this game even more

One word: undercooked

Kotaku - Unscored

I haven’t fallen in love with playing Cyberpunk 2077, but I haven’t loathed it either. Some moments have been exciting or moving, while others have just felt like stuff to do.

Polygon - Unscored

Cyberpunk 2077 is dad rock, not new wave

Pure Xbox - Unscored

Cyberpunk 2077, in its current form on consoles, is a hard game to recommend getting involved with. There's a strong narrative here, brilliantly written characters, some excellent side missions, fun combat and an astonishing setting but, as things stand right now, it's an experience that's in need of some serious TLC. The Series X version may well perform better than the frankly shocking last-gen console efforts but this is a game that we had constant problems with and one that doesn't feel or play like a fully finished product. We'll return to Night City once it's been patched and upgraded.

Push Square - Unscored

We're still playing Cyberpunk 2077 in order to bring you a finished review, but it's impossible to recommend picking this game up at launch on PS4 or PS4 Pro. On PS5 via backwards compatibility, there's still fun to be had - a glimpse of the game's excellent potential - but even then, it's crippled by bugs and crashing issues. There's something truly special at the core of Cyberpunk 2077, but in its current state, it's simply not good enough. So far, a colossal disappointment.

Skill Up - Unscored

Cyberpunk 2077 is as uneven and unfinished as it is captivating and brilliant. As an RPG it fizzles, but as an open world action game it shines with the brightness of a million neon signs. Even with its glaring flaws, Cyberpunk absolutely delivers.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Information Thread (10 December 2020?), update - reviews from OpenCritic posted (will be updated as more are released)

Reviews that aren't part  of the OpenCritic database:

Screenshot-143-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

20 hours in, Night City is a majestic masterpiece with a lot of rough edges.

'Cyberpunk 2077' is worth the wait (Engadget)

In my playthrough, the Cyberpunk 2077 title card didn’t show up until I was about six hours in, signaling the end of the prologue. During this time, I built believable relationships with a handful of characters, became acquainted with Night City, and completed a few main missions. And then Keanu Reeves showed up, and the real game started.

Despite some world-building and consistency issues, the acting and writing in Cyberpunk 2077 is outstanding, and gameplay is endlessly entertaining. So far, Cyberpunk 2077 is worth the wait.

1607354781927-cbp-1.jpeg?image-resize-op
WWW.VICE.COM

Despite the cynical, transgressive edge Cyberpunk 2077 tries to pull off, it's a very straight and strait-laced game.

Not looking forward to the discourse incoming from the community in regards to the less than glowing reviews because of the troubling trans representation. 

Is Poland all that progressive as a country? Don't they pretty much have a Nazi as their Prime Minister or President? 

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Is Poland all that progressive as a country? Don't they pretty much have a Nazi as their Prime Minister or President? 

Poland -- like all Central/Eastern European nations -- is not all that "progressive" at all, but they're not governed by a "Nazi".  The ruling Law and Justice Party is a very conservative Catholic party.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Poland -- like all Eastern European nations -- is not all that "progressive" at all, but they're not governed by a "Nazi".  The ruling Law and Justice Party is a very conservative Catholic party.

Well Nazi being an exaggeration, just a very, very far right, and regressive leader. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
H3M7wByM3hXWSxQkHgxUZH-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A wider look at the technical issues reviewers are reporting so far.

See, my issues with reviews are things like "you can't show off gameplay until the game is in player hands" and 50GB day zero patches that still okay to buggy ass games.

Games this big always worry me because they come with so much momentum it's hard to know how to read reviews. I mean, it's probably good, but is it great like RDR2 good? Game reviewers really tend to look past bugs when reviewing pre-release games because the devs tell them that'll all be patched out by release.

That doesn't even begin to go into what kind of monstrous hours there forcing on their employees if the mess on Monday is supposed to be mostly sorted out by Friday.

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:
untitled_design.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

For those excited about Cyberpunk 2077 but are vulnerable to epileptic episodes, here are a few things you need to know.

A game featuring am in-game device that simulates red / white flashing in front of the character’s eyes is just wildly irresponsible.

I'm not even invested in this one and I somehow have this Heaven's Gate reaction to it. I see what these AAAA mega-ultra-epic Life Replacement type of video games are reaching for but they seem to buckle under their own self-imposed weight. I mean, how much more dev time, endless crunch and budget can humanly be pumped into an entertainment product for it to not be released in a state like this with seemingly only mediocre gunplay and other gameplay mechanics (based on some of these reviews obviously) to boot? 

My personal reaction to reading stuff like "I'm 60 hours in and barely scratched the surface! I'm 6 hours in and only saw the credits roll!" is honestly more like holy bloated shit, how much More = Better do video games need? 

I know a lot of you are looking forward to this one so I'm not trying to come in here and just shit on the game randomly, those are just my kneejerk reactions to reading, and skimming over, several reviews this morning.

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

This complicates reviews even more, because if it's "RDR2 good" then count me the fuck out and give me my money back.

That's my worry. RDR2 was an amazing accomplishment with a fully believable world that was lovingly created...with mostly mediocre gameplay. I didn't care for it at all. I'm very self-conscious of the fact that I worry my love for the aesthetic and the world created may cause me to overlook middling gameplay that may honestly just not be very fun. I have two weeks off this month. This was supposed to be the game I play while my son looks on.

36 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I'm not even invested in this one and I somehow have this Heaven's Gate reaction to it. I see what these AAAA mega-ultra-epic Life Replacement type of video games are reaching for but they seem to buckle under their own self-imposed weight. I mean, how much more dev time, endless crunch and budget can humanly be pumped into an entertainment product for it to not be released in a state like this with seemingly only mediocre gunplay and other gameplay mechanics (based on some of these reviews obviously) to boot? 

My personal reaction to reading stuff like "I'm 60 hours in and barely scratched the surface! I'm 6 hours in and only saw the credits roll!" is honestly more like holy bloated shit, how much More = Better do video games need? 

I know a lot of you are looking forward to this one so I'm not trying to come in here and just shit on the game randomly, those are just my kneejerk reactions to reading, and skimming over, several reviews this morning.

Crunch doesn't help. Crunch only helps management that has a vested interest in games releasing on time. Too much crunch leads to unhappy workers and, frankly, shit work. Nobody does their best work on the wrong side of a 90hr week. The only reason to crunch is because management did a shitty job planning things and then didn't want to risk their bonuses by delaying the game outside of their fiscal.

After looking more into the issues surrounding the company and the game itself (regarding the trans community, etc), I'll be passing on the game. The excuse that "they are from Poland, they don't see it as a big issue" isn't valid since they are primarily designing the game for much more secular and progressive western nations. They know what modern values are and they are choosing to be edgelords anyway.

Yeah, honestly, as badly as I'd love to get lost in a videogame with Keanu Reeves, fuck this game and the culture surrounding it.

We're way past the point of diminishing returns in regard to graphics, detail, and complexity in games.  These AAA behemoths that are made under appalling conditions and marketed to the scum of the earth can only chase "next gen" photo realism for so long, given that actual game design has remained stagnant for at least a decade.  In a medium where literally anything is possible, we seem to have settled on "looks and sounds like a movie, but it's YOU getting to do the murder!".

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Quoting again because gamers are some of the worst people. 

The entire culture is toxic and every one of these people sending these emails should be up on assault charges. However, she likely won't go down that path because gamers suck and she'll likely become an even larger target.

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

After looking more into the issues surrounding the company and the game itself (regarding the trans community, etc), I'll be passing on the game. The excuse that "they are from Poland, they don't see it as a big issue" isn't valid since they are primarily designing the game for much more secular and progressive western nations. They know what modern values are and they are choosing to be edgelords anyway.

what's the TLDR on the controversy? I haven't really read up on it. I know they released that one image of an in-game ad of a girl with a huge bulging dick. But when I saw it, it didnt strike me as offensive. I thought people were being overly sensitive about it.

Did they do something else truly offensive?  

11 minutes ago, atom631 said:

what's the TLDR on the controversy? I haven't really read up on it. I know they released that one image of an in-game ad of a girl with a huge bulging dick. But when I saw it, it didnt strike me as offensive. I thought people were being overly sensitive about it.

Did they do something else truly offensive?  

No, people are still triggered that they let you customize your genitals. If you skim the GS review or the multitude of articles from polygon they all complain about lack of representation and/or cultural stereotyping/appropriation.