Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

31 minutes ago, legend said:

Re bugs: it's unfortunate, but expected. However, you can feel pretty confident that CDPR will continue to fix them and make the game better because they always do that. As it is The Witcher 3 is receiving yet another major update for HDR and ray tracing next year.

But it's possibly worth waiting a bit longer if you don't need the game right now, like me :p 

Yup, this is me. I don't need the game right now, though I did want it for my upcoming holiday break. I can play something else. I'll wait a few months or until whenever for some patches to hit. I've got a enough games on my plate to not really want to deal with a game that'll be far more enjoyable later

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yup, this is me. I don't need the game right now, though I did want it for my upcoming holiday break. I can play something else. I'll wait a few months or until whenever for some patches to hit. I've got a enough games on my plate to not really want to deal with a game that'll be far more enjoyable later

I probably probably put the comma in the wrong place. I personally do "need" the game right now :p But I do think waiting a bit makes a lot of sense for maybe even most people. For almost any other game that's usually what I do when it's buggy at launch.

• Haha 1

It's tough because I really "needed" this game to forget about reality for a while over the winter break. That said, I refuse to play a messy version of such an ambitious title until they patch it up. Fortunately for me, Outward is getting DLC on the 15th of December so that will make me want to do my 4th run through that wonderful game! :sun:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It's tough because I really "needed" this game to forget about reality for a while over the winter break. That said, I refuse to play a messy version of such an ambitious title until they patch it up. Fortunately for me, Outward is getting DLC on the 15th of December so that will make me want to do my 4th run through that wonderful game! :sun:

Yeah, I'm a bit torn, but I figure I'll be replaying this game anyway, so bring on the bugs -- until I reach a game breaking one that is :p 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

Read some write ups from Ars and The Verge and it sure sounds like it's a buggy game. It also sounds like the combat is pretty lackluster. Everyone seems to agree the world building is in a league of its own, even it it's not exactly groundbreaking. All in all, it increasingly seems like the game that I expected it to be.

agreed. it was basically impossible for this game to live up to the hype its received. nonetheless - once the bugs are worked out, sounds like it will be a fantastic game. 

I'm trying to NOT buy it immediately (I've been trying to not buy massive open world games until all the DLC is out so I don't end up playing them twice and sinking 300 hours into them), and the bugginess is helping in that capacity.

Stay strong, fizzle. Don't give in. You have hundreds of other games you could play. Wait for the DLC and bugs to be fixed.  You can do it.

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I bought that game last year and played it for 15 minutes... does it get good?

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I bought that game last year and played it for 15 minutes... does it get good?

It's a love it or hate it game, I personally love it! Its brutal,  but just like Dark Souls the early going is far worse than the later portions of the game as you gear up and really learn the lay of the land and the pitfalls therein. 

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is it long? I was always intrigued by the idea of the game.

According to my steam profile I put in 119.5 hours in 3 playthroughs, with each succeeding play through a little shorter than the last as you can inherit your former characters gear as part of the game play, I guess I put around 60 hours or so into the first run through. 

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is it long? I was always intrigued by the idea of the game.

A guy I train with (well trained with fucking 2020) is really into the game but basically described it as lots of interesting ideas with lots of bad shit on top, kind of a weird diamond in the rough. He loves the whole survival aspect so he digs it but according to him that's the major thing he likes about it. 

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Outward has strong eurojank energy, your take on that kind of thing will probably determine how you feel about it.

I always take that on case-by-case basis. Greedfall is awesome. I liked Elex and Vampyr enough to play through them once, but had no interest in a replay. I couldn't get into Mars: War Logs or the Technomancer. I got bored of Bound by Flame probably half way through.

I think your mindset going into games like that matters a lot. Like, when you first play the game, you have to be open to anything. Kind of like a new D&D campaign.

4 hours ago, Amazatron said:

Ok? I just said maybe it could use some more time to iron out the bugs and technical issues. Sorry you took it so personally with the snark...

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m sorry you took me pointing out that an 89/100 score is good personally...? :confused: 

4 hours ago, Amazatron said:

Yeah, you still don't get it.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I get it, you wrote it poorly and got overly angry when someone commented. :twothumbsup:
Happy trails, cowpoke

calm down al pacino GIF

The Washington Post and Vice reviews are excellent reads.  They make the game sound pretty excellent, but maybe not worth playing at launch.

FXSRX4EOJNGXDMP3D7ORMKMZSY.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

These early impressions come with many caveats. For one, the game is boiling over with glitches.

8 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

The Washington Post and Vice reviews are excellent reads.  They make the game sound pretty excellent, but maybe not worth playing at launch.

FXSRX4EOJNGXDMP3D7ORMKMZSY.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

These early impressions come with many caveats. For one, the game is boiling over with glitches.

They're also playing without the day one patch so keep that in mind.

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

So should I wait? Arkham Knight has sunk it's teeth into me and I want to finish TR and it's prequel. Plus Yakuza 0/7. 

Still whaling in WOWS so i's rather wait and whale on that for now. Also I assume this game is getting DLC? 

I hate having to go back to a game to play DLC (SP titles) so I might just wait for all the DLC to release to go in all at once.

49 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I always take that on case-by-case basis. Greedfall is awesome. I liked Elex and Vampyr enough to play through them once, but had no interest in a replay. I couldn't get into Mars: War Logs or the Technomancer. I got bored of Bound by Flame probably half way through.

I think your mindset going into games like that matters a lot. Like, when you first play the game, you have to be open to anything. Kind of like a new D&D campaign.

Haven't played any of the other games listed, but I thoroughly enjoyed Vampyr once I got used to its combat.  Solid story and an excellent soundtrack too.  I'll admit, I did look at a few guides online to get the best blood out of some of the characters.

I've always kinda wanted to play Elex as some of the reviews made it feel like it has some great concepts built into it, but I'm just not sure if I want to commit that much time to a game.

7 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

So should I wait? Arkham Knight has sunk it's teeth into me and I want to finish TR and it's prequel. Plus Yakuza 0/7. 

Still whaling in WOWS so i's rather wait and whale on that for now. Also I assume this game is getting DLC? 

I hate having to go back to a game to play DLC (SP titles) so I might just wait for all the DLC to release to go in all at once.

I feel I need to address this like it were an afterschool special, so while Zaku3 raised the question, I will speak to you all when I say:

When is it right to play Cyberpunk 2077? When it feels right to you! No one can tell you what you need, so...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I feel I need to address this like it were an afterschool special, so while Zaku3 raised the question, I will you all when I say:

When is it right to play Cyberpunk 2077? When it feels right to you! No one can tell you what you need, so...

Ya I am gonna wait for all the DLC to release.