Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe people forgot but DNF was in development for 14 years and had been switching engines and developers like mad. Finally being released by Gearbox :sick:

Cyberpunk is nothing close to that.

Only recent game i can think of that reminds me of DNF is Dead Island 2 which has been delayed multiple times and switched developers 3 times so far. 

Delay was because performance on current gen machines wasn't up to snuff.

ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles.

BIZNES.PAP.PL

Following are highlights from video games developer CD Projekt's conference call held after the company announced another delay of the premiere of its much-awaited Cyberpunk 2077 release, to December 10.

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Lol

People are supposedly canceling their preorders over this

:lol:

I mean they shouldn't have preordered a game in the first place but beyond that I'd get the frustration if it was CDPR choice, but from what I've read it doesn't seem like it was their decision, it sounds like it was forced on them by failing to pass some step of the certification process on current-gen consoles.

Honestly though I bet most of these people are full of it, they're just throwing a tantrum on the internet because they're frustrated but they didn't actually cancel or they'll just go ahead and buy the game day 1 anyways.

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

I mean they shouldn't have preordered a game in the first place but beyond that I'd get the frustration if it was CDPR choice, but from what I've read it doesn't seem like it was their decision, it sounds like it was forced on them by failing to pass some step of the certification process on current-gen consoles.

Honestly though I bet most of these people are full of it, they're just throwing a tantrum on the internet because they're frustrated but they didn't actually cancel or they'll just go ahead and buy the game day 1 anyways.

It’s been popping up for $10 off (if you preorder) off and on the past couple of months. I snagged it at Amazon for $50. So, these people are only dicking themselves :p 

"As for the new release date of December 10, it's "firm," if not quite rock-hard: "We feel—maybe not comfortable, but confident" in the new release date, Kiciński said. Nowakowski seemed similarly not-quite-comfortable with fully committing to it. When asked if Cyberpunk 2077 would definitely be out on December 10, he replied, "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess—yes."

PCGamer

Loop Landing GIF by xponentialdesign

33 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

"As for the new release date of December 10, it's "firm," if not quite rock-hard: "We feel—maybe not comfortable, but confident" in the new release date, Kiciński said. Nowakowski seemed similarly not-quite-comfortable with fully committing to it. When asked if Cyberpunk 2077 would definitely be out on December 10, he replied, "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess—yes."

PCGamer

Loop Landing GIF by xponentialdesign

JFC

Stop announcing dates you god damned dunces. TLoU 2 took some heat for delays but they did it right when they announced their "indefinite" delay due to covid and wouldnt commit to a new date until they were certain theyd hit it.

This a perfect example of exactly how NOT to do PR.

6 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

JFC

Stop announcing dates you god damned dunces. TLoU 2 took some heat for delays but they did it right when they announced their "indefinite" delay due to covid and wouldnt commit to a new date until they were certain theyd hit it.

This a perfect example of exactly how NOT to do PR.

I mean after this many hits in a row, they had to show their Polish side at some point!