Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

11 hours ago, legend said:

Steam says 65.6 hours.

I'm assuming you did quite a bit of the side quests to reach that number, correct?

I know you're a brilliant man but I'll ask anyway. Did you have a hard time comphrending everything that was going on in the game and story?

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm assuming you did quite a bit of the side quests to reach that number, correct?

I know you're a brilliant man but I'll ask anyway. Did you have a hard time comphrending everything that was going on in the game and story?

Yeah, I did a ton of a side quests. Maybe not all, but probably close to it. I also almost never fast traveled. It might be different in the latest patch, but I still highly recommend you drive a motorcycle in first person and full speed through the city. It's so much more fun to drive the bikes and weave around the other cars at impossible speeds.

Not sure I'd say I'm brilliant (thank you though!), but I didn't have too hard of a time comprehending it. I think your ability to comprehend it has more to do with how actively engaged you are in the story, world, and, in the case of mechanics, min-maxing characters. If you like to geek out on world building, you'll get it as you go and if you like to geek out on min-maxing, you'll spend time looking up more details of each skill etc. online to plan out your character. If you don't, it will probably seem harder :p 

• Thanks 1

I decided to start over so that I could fully grasp everything. I was a bit overwhelmed with my recent playthrough and didn't pay much attention to everything that was going on. 

I started as a nomad and played 2 hours. I'm really appreciating the game a lot more now and grasping what's going on. 

It definitely is a slow beginning but a cool setup. I plan on tackling a lot of side quests and will kinda leave the main quest alone for a little bit. 

Overall, with this patch, this game is fucking awesome on the next-gen consoles. I really look forward to taking my time with this game and beat it.

Oh, and I would have to say these are the best visuals I've seen. The city, vehicle traffic, streets full of people, and scope is truly next-gen technically. 

Those who never played this and own a XSX or PS5 I absolutely recommend this game now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I decided to start over so that I could fully grasp everything. I was a bit overwhelmed with my recent playthrough and didn't pay much attention to everything that was going on. 

I started as a nomad and played 2 hours. I'm really appreciating the game a lot more now and grasping what's going on. 

It definitely is a slow beginning but a cool setup. I plan on tackling a lot of side quests and will kinda leave the main quest alone for a little bit. 

Overall, with this patch, this game is fucking awesome on the next-gen consoles. I really look forward to taking my time with this game and beat it.

Oh, and I would have to say these are the best visuals I've seen. The city, vehicle traffic, streets full of people, and scope is truly next-gen technically. 

Those who never played this and own a XSX or PS5 I absolutely recommend this game now. 

I upgraded my PC with this game in mind back when it released. With raytracing it's *very* impressive. I think it and HFB on PS5 are the current graphics kings.

• True 1

Well, @best3444, I’ve been bouncing around looking for my next game to really dive into after Elden Ring, and you’ve got me back to exploring Night City. It really is a fun game, and the side content is worth doing. My plan, every time I boot the game up, is to drive straight to the next story mission, but I end up stopping at every side thing along the way.  No regrets.

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I took off work today to play this. Played for 4 hours and had a blast. This is actually a pretty damn good game. I'm impressed. I mix it up with pistols and blades and it's fuckin sweet!

YEAH. Game rules and I can’t wait for the expansion.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I took off work today to play this. Played for 4 hours and had a blast. This is actually a pretty damn good game. I'm impressed. I mix it up with pistols and blades and it's fuckin sweet!

I’m glad that it finally clicked with you, it’s definitely a great game. Now you’re making me want to play it again. :p

57 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I’m glad that it finally clicked with you, it’s definitely a great game. Now you’re making me want to play it again. :p

I wish you could play the next-gen version of the game. It’s really impressive visually. 

I definitely enjoyed the story and it was a good looking game, but the glitches and lifeless world with the AI on rails really broke the immersion for me.  I put in over 50hrs, so I did explore and do a few sidequests. 

as someone who finished it when it was first released, is it worth booting up my save and checking it out? Or just wait for the expansion at this point?

Cyberpunk-2077-Xbox-Series-X-b.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Hundreds of lines of dialogue reportedly from Cyberpunk 2077’s first expansion have appeared online, and outline the entire plot of the DLC’s questline.

Hundreds of lines of dialogue reportedly from Cyberpunk 2077‘s first expansion have appeared online, seemingly outlining the entire plot of the DLC’s questline.

The files, which have been seen by VGC, appear to suggest that the DLC will follow Songbird, a character that was datamined from the original game, and features a finished model.

The files aren’t complete, with several side missions using placeholder text, but the leak appears to confirm that the expansion will include seven main missions.

It will take players to the Combat Zone, an area of the Pacifica region which was inaccessible in the base game but did feature in the art book, The World of Cyberpunk 2077.

Players will also visit the Sports Dome, the large inaccessible arena from the main game, which will be the location of one of the main missions.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: dialogue files from DLC expansion appear to have leaked
On 5/22/2022 at 10:24 PM, legend said:

Steam says 65.6 hours.

Mine says 137 hours, but I did try to do everything and got apparently 75% of achievements on PC. Game was actually great, I hope more people give it a chance now that it's more stable. The game was honestly a lot of fun, kind of like GTA: Cyberpunk Edition with some Deus Ex thrown in there but built from The Witcher 3 mold. It worked really well for the most part (I didn't experience too many glitches myself). 

• Like 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

Idk...it reads I'm almost 10 hours in yet not much has actually happened. It's moving at a really slow pace and there isn't many side quests available either.

Still, I finally got enough $$$ to move a guest line along. It's still a cool game but it needs to pick up!

I spent a good amount of time outside of the city the last two playthroughs. I've been using the same powerful shotgun I found early in the game. This story is moving at a fuckin snales pace and it's not even that interesting. The game had way too much ambition. The world is empty and didn't need to be nearly the size that it is. 

• True 1

On 5/28/2022 at 3:28 PM, best3444 said:

Idk...it reads I'm almost 10 hours in yet not much has actually happened. It's moving at a really slow pace and there isn't many side quests available either.

Still, I finally got enough $$$ to move a guest line along. It's still a cool game but it needs to pick up!

It's long ago enough that I can't remember, but if you don't have many side quests available, you may need to make more headway in the story first, because there are not a lack of sidequests :p 

Yeah, that doesn’t really line up with my starting experience. By the time I was 10 hours in, my map was filled side quests and gigs, I had 3 “main” quests to choose from, I was honestly overwhelmed with the amount of things to do. 

Are you just wandering around looking aimlessly? The game really isn’t built for that. Open your map, pick a point of interest, go there and do the thing. 

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, that doesn’t really line up with my starting experience. By the time I was 10 hours in, my map was filled side quests and gigs, I had 3 “main” quests to choose from, I was honestly overwhelmed with the amount of things to do. 

Are you just wandering around looking aimlessly? The game really isn’t built for that. Open your map, pick a point of interest, go there and do the thing. 

Yeah I agree with this, sounds different than my experience.

On 5/26/2022 at 11:39 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

appear to suggest that the DLC will follow Songbird

Who the fuck wants DLC of a character that isn't your character? Biggest mistake they could have made with a DLC expansion.  

FINALLY the game has gotten much more interesting and fun. I'm actually really impressed with the gun play and the mechanics that come with it. Combat is very satisfying and the loot is valuable too. I still look around the gaming world and I'm very impressed. What a fuckin detailed world they created. I know I said the world is empty but that's because I was outside of the city for a time being. Inside the city is "next-gen" to me.

• Halal 1

A little surprised I hit the “point of no return” in the main story already. I’m only level 26, at about 27 hours played. I feel like I really haven’t been focusing on the story that much. I’ve never been much a completionist, so I guess I’ll just go do side stuff until I’m bored then come back here and wrap it up. 

21 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

A little surprised I hit the “point of no return” in the main story already. I’m only level 26, at about 27 hours played. I feel like I really haven’t been focusing on the story that much. I’ve never been much a completionist, so I guess I’ll just go do side stuff until I’m bored then come back here and wrap it up. 

That is disappointing to hear. I'm going to really try to stay away from the main story as best as possible. I am only now getting a lot of side jobs. I'm like 12 hours in.

39 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The main story is kind of short, but a lot of the side quests are quests lines consisting of multiple quests, some of which tie into the main story and may affect it.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

A little surprised I hit the “point of no return” in the main story already. I’m only level 26, at about 27 hours played. I feel like I really haven’t been focusing on the story that much.

If you reached the point of no return in the story at only 27 hours played, then you must not be doing a lot of the side quests. The main story quest line isn’t particularly long, the majority of my time spent in the game was doing side quests which there are many of. It took me roughly 70 hours to finish the game which included the main storyline, and most of the side quests.

I want to be clear: I’m not complaining. I don’t mind at all if I have this game wrapped up in 30-40 hours. I paid a whole $10 for this game- I’m not worried about getting my money’s worth. I’ve been doing what feels like a lot of side stuff along the way, but they go by quickly. A lot of the gigs are simple and take just a couple minutes. And since I’m not going for 100%, I skip stuff that I’m not interested in. Like I could probably spend a few hours going around and clearing up all the cyberpsychos left on the map, but I’ve fought enough of those, and I’m not really interested in doing more. I’m enjoying the game a lot, but I don’t feel the need to stretch it out by doing things I find tedious. 

20 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I want to be clear: I’m not complaining. I don’t mind at all if I have this game wrapped up in 30-40 hours. I paid a whole $10 for this game- I’m not worried about getting my money’s worth. I’ve been doing what feels like a lot of side stuff along the way, but they go by quickly. A lot of the gigs are simple and take just a couple minutes. And since I’m not going for 100%, I skip stuff that I’m not interested in. Like I could probably spend a few hours going around and clearing up all the cyberpsychos left on the map, but I’ve fought enough of those, and I’m not really interested in doing more. I’m enjoying the game a lot, but I don’t feel the need to stretch it out by doing things I find tedious. 

Yeah I didn't do most of those small tasks either. Still clocked in at over 60 hours though because there are a lot of meatier side quests too. If you're happy where you are then go for it and finish it though, just wanted to let you know that there might be other side quest content you're missing. :) 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, legend said:

Yeah I didn't do most of those small tasks either. Still clocked in at over 60 hours though because there are a lot of meatier side quests too. If you're happy where you are then go for it and finish it though, just wanted to let you know that there might be other side quest content you're missing. :) 

Of course. My map is still loaded with side quests and gigs, and I’ll keep doing those until I’ve have enough. My “plan” (in quotes because I never really have a firm plan for games like this) was to bounce between side and main quests until I got to the end, and I just greatly misjudged the difference between the number of each mission type.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

It sounds like you’re playing the same way that I did by mainly sticking to the main story quests and side quests, and somewhat skipping the repeated side activity stuff that I personally consider filler in these types of open world games.

I’m not a completionist when it comes to games, I primarily stick to doing what I feel is meaningful content in them. And most of the side quests in Cyberpunk 2077 are meaningful IMO, some even better than the main story quests.