Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-is-shorter-than-witcher-3-but-more-replayable/

According to an attendee of the developer’s annual community event in Poland, CDPR is yet to measure the length of the game when all encounters and “smaller” side quests are taken into account, but it confirmed that the main story and major side-quests will take less time to complete than Witcher 3’s.

Witcher 3’s side quest system was reportedly described as “a single line, with a bunch of branches sticking out of it,” whereas in comparison CDPR said Cyberpunk 2077’s side missions will often evolve into further side quests which in turn impact other quests, including the main story.

A Cyberpunk 2077 designer previously told VGC that the game’s side quests are “a crucial part of the game.”

“I can’t give details, but… we were talking about one [side quest] which I didn’t even know we could do or why we would do it,” level designer Max Pears said in September.

“I wish I could talk about it, because honestly there’s one side-quest – and believe me when I say, you’ll know it when you see it – of absolute craziness. There are some fantastic interactions of not just the levels but the characters that you meet.”

20 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

I haven't played Witcher 3 but I have understood it has many many hours of gameplay. It has been kind of the reason I didn't start it ever.

I've wanted to play Heart & Stone and Blood & Wine along with Witcher 3. I know you have a standalone option for both, but given that your choices affect the game, I've wanted to play it in one lump sum.

But the length was soooooooo long when I played just the base game that I've never, ever gotten around to it.

I wanna say I put in 100hrs in the Witcher 3 and that included the expansions. 

yes, there is a lot of content and places to visit. But it’s not necessary. I eventually turned off the “?” On the mini-map bc it was completely overwhelming. It made the experience much more enjoyable and I explored when and where I wanted without my ocd kicking in. 

One thing I hate is how developers feel a need to make replayability an important metric. I would rather the game give me a fulfilling experience I can enjoy the first the time through. There is just too many games to play to worry about retarting a 70-90hr+ game directly after I finish it. In my 41yrs I’ve only ever replayed one game. 

49 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I wanna say I put in 100hrs in the Witcher 3 and that included the expansions. 

yes, there is a lot of content and places to visit. But it’s not necessary. I eventually turned off the “?” On the mini-map bc it was completely overwhelming. It made the experience much more enjoyable and I explored when and where I wanted without my ocd kicking in. 

One thing I hate is how developers feel a need to make replayability an important metric. I would rather the game give me a fulfilling experience I can enjoy the first the time through. There is just too many games to play to worry about retarting a 70-90hr+ game directly after I finish it. In my 41yrs I’ve only ever replayed one game. 

As a guy who replays many games, I love hearing about this.

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I've wanted to play Heart & Stone and Blood & Wine along with Witcher 3. I know you have a standalone option for both, but given that your choices affect the game, I've wanted to play it in one lump sum.

But the length was soooooooo long when I played just the base game that I've never, ever gotten around to it.

me too.  So I took a long break and now its hard to want to get back into a game when you're such a high level and cant remember how to do anything.

I love to replay games.  You often discover things you missed the first time because you were rushing through. I used to Marathon the Halo games whenever a new one came out. Same with Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I love games that are not one and done and are designed with replayability in mind. I also don't mind putting certain games down if I feel I've done everything the game has to offer. 

I discovered that tge vast majority of games i replay are linear ones. Games like Halo, Wolfenstein, Mario, etc. 

I usually spend enough time in open world games to do as much as i can the first time through and have no desire to play it again.

I've played through old Zeldas multiple times but one time through Breath of the Wild would be enough.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So if I had an x1x preorder, will that same game/disc carry over to series X and playable with assuming upgraded graphics? 

I'm really hoping that's what happens. If it comes out that you have to buy a a whole new game or pay an upgrade fee, that would seriously hurt game sales in the meantime.