Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

Why I’ll be playing as a Netrunner when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out (PCGamesN)

I’m a sucker for stealth classes. Few things in gaming are more satisfying than creeping around, hacking terminals, picking locks, and silently killing targets, but after a few hours I find my trigger finger getting itchy. It doesn’t matter how good the stealth is; sometimes I just want to create a maelstrom of crimson, severed limbs, and death rattles. Cyberpunk 2077’s Netrunner class caters to both playstyles, letting you hack both cameras and limbs – sometimes with the same tool.

Cyberpunk 2077's lead quest designer explains why using cyberspace requires a bathtub

Several of the PC Gamer team have seen Cyberpunk 2077's new E3 demo in action now, and the consensus is mostly positive, as it starts to look like a real game we'll be playing within a year. Below, we talk through some key moments with Paweł Sasko, lead quest designer on the game at CD Projekt Red. 

Cyberpunk designer says CDPR is working on transgender character options (Gamasutra)

After a week grappling with controversy over the depiction of a sexualized transgender woman in Cyberpunk, a CD Projekt Red developer has told Gamasutra that the team is hoping to allow better gender representation through the in-game character creator. 

The big Cyberpunk 2077 interview: multiplayer, next-gen, and Keanu Reeves (Eurogamer)

I sat down for an extended chat with Cyberpunk 2077's lead quest designer Paweł Sasko to discuss all the above and much more below. Oh, and if you're after even more on the game, I yesterday sat down with the artist behind the game's poster which has sparked so much attention.

Keanu Reeves Has the Second Most Dialogue in Cyberpunk 2077 (USgamer)

One of the biggest moments from E3 this week was when Keanu Reeves appeared on stage during the Xbox press conference after it was revealed he would be in Cyberpunk 2077. But Reeves' appearance in Cyberpunk 2077 is no mere cameo. According to CD Projekt Red, he's a full-fledged main character with the second most voice lines in the game.

A conversation with the artist behind that Cyberpunk 2077 poster (Eurogamer)

Its combination of a sexualised model, the outline of her penis clearly visible, and quippy tagline been labelled as transphobic by some. I caught up with Cyberpunk 2077 art director Kasia Redesiuk - who designed the poster herself - at the show today for her take.

Cyberpunk 2077’s E3 demo: the good and the bad (Polygon)

This year’s demo of Cyberpunk 2077, the highly-anticipated role-playing game from CD Projekt Red, looked both better and worse than the demo shown last year. The scope and scale of the game world on display was extraordinary, but the team is clearly still finding its way with the game’s combat.

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Look, I decided to have a little fun with this thread by having a color scheme that mirrored that of the game.  If it hurts your delicate ocular receptors so much, just switch to a dark theme temporarily!

bite me season 8 GIF

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Uhhhhh...that would be kinda weird considering that his character....nevermind!

Wait, his character is what? I haven't been keeping up to date with everything about this game because I want to keep a bit of surprise lol. He's already your partner, isn't he? 

21 minutes ago, Brick said:

Wait, his character is what? I haven't been keeping up to date with everything about this game because I want to keep a bit of surprise lol. He's already your partner, isn't he? 

Spoiler

I think it was mentioned that he's kind of a ghost in the machine. I think. Unless i'm thinking of some other punk techno scifi project starring keanu reeves.

I'm down for some lesbo action. Who am i to judge?

I was watching a video from Extra Credits about romance options, and something I'd like a developer to try and tackle are actual relationship choices, not just courtship choices. For many games, it's all about saying the right thing, and then the romance happens and you're in love. But there hasn't been a game that's weaved the actual relationship more into the story where it can fall apart.

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Pretty sure you create the physical look for your character but it will always be a character named V. Like Shepard in Mass Effect.

From the little I read though, the character can be male or female and there will be slight differences in how the story plays out and how you are treated on certain missions. 

35 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was watching a video from Extra Credits about romance options, and something I'd like a developer to try and tackle are actual relationship choices, not just courtship choices. For many games, it's all about saying the right thing, and then the romance happens and you're in love. But there hasn't been a game that's weaved the actual relationship more into the story where it can fall apart.

Uhh, the sims! 🙄